• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Curious about Castaway Cay

rach

Earning My Ears
I have a couple questions about Castaway Cay.

First, what are the chances of getting a hammock? I know I would have to get off the ship early, but does anyone have any tips or tactics on how to get one (maybe where to wait before getting off the ship)? Also, are there hammocks on the adult beach?

Second, how come the adult beach is deserted in every picture I see of it? Is it because most cruisers have children? Is the adult beach a pain because it’s farther away? Is it boring? Just wondering.

Thanks for the insight,
Rachel

Can't help with the hammocks other to say what you already know...Get off the ship early and run like heck to get one.

As far as the Adult Beach...yes, it is pretty empty all the time. You have to take a second tram to get there. It's not really a pain, just a bit futher of a journey. On a hot day, they can mean a great deal. I do not know if they have hammocks....we visited, but didn't stay long as we had three kids we had to get back to.

FYI, they do serve lunch at the Adult Beach, but it is not as extensive as back at the regular beach

MJ

I waited at the top of the steps, floor 2 forward with the family's bags/towels/toys. When they were ready to let us off, I walked very quickly (it's easy to overtake families!:D ) Do not wait for the tram, you can walk faster...and it takes a while to fill up. The beach is to your left after the shops.....tons of chairs and a few hammocks. Find what you want fast and dump everything there. you will love it there.

I went over to Serenity Bay (adult) to check it out and snorkel....very quiet, no music, very pretty, shallow water out forever, but it is a coral bottom, not great for swimming (my opinion) and just so-so for snorkeling....I left after 15 minutes and went back to the snorkel trails on the big beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter