CT family + dog murdered in Celebration FL, dad in custody

It has been studied (and continues to be studied). There is even a term for people who kill their whole families, they are called family annihilators. Often times, they are people who are well-respected and have a high opinion of themselves (whether or not they deserve it) and when something threatens that sense of self, they kill their families rather than themselves. It's very interesting, although, yes, extremely sad. I don't think it's necessarily becoming more common, I think it's more a matter of these things getting a) traced to the perpetrators through forensics and b) more widely publicized on a national level.
Interesting, thank you!

It has been studied (and continues to be studied). There is even a term for people who kill their whole families, they are called family annihilators. Often times, they are people who are well-respected and have a high opinion of themselves (whether or not they deserve it) and when something threatens that sense of self, they kill their families rather than themselves. It's very interesting, although, yes, extremely sad. I don't think it's necessarily becoming more common, I think it's more a matter of these things getting a) traced to the perpetrators through forensics and b) more widely publicized on a national level.
Oh dear God. If some pop shrink comes out with Family Annihilation Syndrome, I'm going to Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeem!!!!!

The family was losing their home. The landlord had already turned off the electricity. On top of that, the father was under investigation for medical fraud. The police were looking for him to serve a warrant. It's been top news here.

Oh dear God. If some pop shrink comes out with Family Annihilation Syndrome, I'm going to Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeem!!!!!
Eh, it’s not really a condition on its own, it’s more of a subcategory of a psychotic break, that happens to a specific set of personality types (such as narcissists). Anyone trying to coin it as a syndrome would not get traction, at least not in any legitimate Psychology circles.

The article you included gave plenty of reasons for him to snap (and didn't really give me the "upstanding citizen" impression):
-- Multiple unpaid loans
-- 3 recent patient lawsuits
-- Being investigated for Medicare/Medicaid fraud
-- Continued seeing patients for months after his license had expired
-- Had been served an eviction notice in Dec
I agree with @fly girl - those would more likely compel somebody towards suicide, not family annihilation. Shocking and heartbreaking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter