CSR or Swolfin?

ProudMommyof2

DIS Veteran
As a nurse practitioner I can get a discount for the Swan/Dolphin that makes it not much more than CSR. Which is better? Things I have been thinking about:
CSR 1. Disney-officially.
2. Able to use ME.
3. ? if pool is better

Swolfin 1. Bigger rooms
2.Location
3. ? if pool is better.

Thinking about 8/08 or 11/08 for me, DH, DS9 and DD6. Our first family trip last year was at WL. We loved it but looking for something a little less expensive.

As a rule, I would pick the Swan or Dolphin above any moderate. The Swolphin is the most economical way to stay in the Epcot resort area, which is my favorite place to stay. You can not beat the close proximity of so many dining options and within short walking distance or a boat ride to two of the parks.

I've never stayed at CSR, but I've stayed at the other three moderate and the Swan. If you get one of the discounts that makes it comparable I'd go with the bigger rooms, bigger & more comfortable (by far) beds, and unbelievable location that the Swolphin offers.

I've only stayed away from the Swan recently because I'd fallin in love with the Disney Dining Plan. Now that it is not nearly as good, I'll probably be back at the Swan very soon.

Obviously you can't compare a deluxe to a moderate. Larger beds, interior hallways and Swolphin is in a awesome location. But at the Swolphin you can't charge items to your room, you are charged to park a car, and you can't participate in the DDP. So it all depends what is important to you.

CSR has a great pool, terrific transportation and good restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter