• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CSR or POR???

bubbleprincessmom

Mouseketeer
First let me say I NEVER thought I'd get to stay at a Disney onsite property..let alone anything over a budget .BUT this trip I get to splurge and indulge the kids. So...which mod would be better POR or CSR. Which is going to have the coolest pool for the kids (CBR is NOT available for the dates were going Feb5-12) which is going to be the nicest (considering ALL I've ever stayed at are offsite budget hotels this is going to be SUCH a treat!!!) We will be doing 2 nights at the ALL stars music and than moving to a mod. (oh its too bad the ASMU isn't available the entire length of our stay isn't it? can you hear the sarcasim dripping LOL)

You will get many different opinions here. We have stayed at both and my family prefers CSR. The reasons being that we love the pool at CSR and we also felt that CSR has the best bus service to the parks. CSR even had better bus service than the Poly (though the Poly did have great monorail service). This is just my family's experience, but I would pick CSR. Have a great trip!

I have stayed at both the POR and CSR, and out of those two, I would only go back to the POR. I found the POR to be well laid out, and relaxing. The food court was excellent, and the bus service very good. We never made it to the pool (but I rarely go swimming on vacation).

I was very disappointed with the CSR. The walls at the room were paper thin. We were constantly hearing our neighbors voices and TV, and we heard every step our upstairs neighbors took when they walked. At the POR, we never heard a peep from the people in the rooms near us.

I was also disppointed by the way the food court was run at the CSR. Cast members show you to a table, will get your drinks for you, and empty your tray, but you go up and get your own food. For the services of the cast members, a 10% gratuity is tacked on to the cost of your meal if you eat it at the food court. I don't like paying more than I have to for things, and I don't think it's worth an extra 10% to have someone show me to a table, get my drink, and empty my tray. It adds up even if you just eat breakfast their every morning.

The CSR is beautiful, and I enjoyed walking around the lake each morning while my friend slept in, but the noise level and the food court is enough to keep me from going back to that resort.

Karen

Although CSR has a cool slide, we prefer the Port Orleans resorts, since we can choose between the 2 themed pools, however, at the time you are going, the themed pool at PO-R will be closed for refurbishment.

Still, we prefer the PO-FQ resort to any of the other moderates, but that is because of size... no long walks to get anywhere... the boat ride from PO-FQ to Downtown Disney... the food court (they don't charge a gratuity which is added in, like at CSR)..., theming, and there is only one bus stop.... the pool is really nice, with a neat serpent slide.

Whatever you decide, congrats on staying on property (I remember the 1st time I did, and it was SO cool!), and have a wonderful time!

Sorry to say but the pool at CSR is closing for rehab on Jan 25. I saw this in another post and it was verified by a few people. We are staying there the 24th-28th. I guess that means no swimming for us. Stay at the POR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter