• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crystal Palace's Onion Soup-looking for the recipe!

bethie

DIS Veteran
I have heard, not had, about an onion soup that is served at the Crystal Palace buffet. I was curious if anyon e might have a recipe for it. I saw it referred to as Sweet White Onion soup. Thanks!:)

Not sure if this is it, but I got the recipe from my "Cooking with Mickey around the World" book.

2 cups sliced Spanish Onions
2 teaspoons margarine or salad oil
2 3/4 cups water
3 beef bouillon cubes
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
Salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon yellow food coloring
1/4 teaspoon caramel food coloring
1 tablespoon dry sherry
Croutons
Parmesan Cheese

Saute onions in margarine or oil in a heavy 6-cup saucepot until golden brown, stirring often. Add water, bouillon cubes, pepper, salt if needed, garlic powder and food colorings. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes. Add sherry and cook 2 mins. longer. Serve topped with croutons and grated Parm. cheese.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter