Cruising The Canal May 1, 2015 (Roll Call in Post 1)

Me too. Officially starting to freak out. Tmrw. Absolutely tmrw. I swear. Trying to pack with someone that works shift work and on-call is tough.

We're travelling Thursday morning. Arriving around 3pm.
Yep. Both teens work. Hubby is killing himself trying to tie up loose ends at work. Should know by the end of tomorrow if the inlaw's can even go. I should be freaking out but I'm not. It's strange.

Hi,
Just discovered the boards while doing some excursion research, so I know we've missed a bunch of sign-up deadlines for some of these activities. DH and I love Cards Against Humanity though! We will also be traveling with our DS Casey (11) & Tucker (turns 3, May 5th) , DD Katey (8) and their grandparents and some other friends with boys ages 15 & 11. We did the PC cruise back in December 2012 and had such a great time we're back again to celebrate my 40th birthday on Mother's Day! Let me know what we can still take part in! We leave tomorrow morning for Miami!

Group Events Itinerary

Friday 1st May - Embarkation Day Meet & Greet/Candy Exchange - 2pm (Diversions)
Saturday 2nd May - Scouts Council Shoulder Patch (CSP) Exchange - 10.30am (By the ice cream machine on Deck 9)
Saturday 2nd May - American Girl Doll FE Exchange & Ice Cream Social - 2.15pm (Goofy's Galley)
Saturday 2nd May - Crawling the Canal (pub crawl) - 3pm (Diversions)
Saturday 2nd May - Kentucky Derby - 4pm (Diversions)
Monday 4th May - Star Wars Family Party/Quiz - 10.30am (location TBC)
Monday 4th May - Marvel/Star Wars FE Exchange & Ice Cream Social - 2.30pm (Goofy's Galley)
Monday 4th May - Military Meet & Greet - 3pm (Diversions)
Tuesday 5th May - Mixology & Mayhem (Group 1) - 2pm (Cadillac Lounge)
Tuesday 5th May - Euchre - 3pm (Cove Cafe)
Friday 8th May - Mixology & Mayhem (Group 2) - 2pm (Cadillac Lounge)
Friday 8th May - Cards Against Humanity - 10pm (Outlook Cafe) - Adults only!
Saturday 9th May - Mixology & Mayhem (Group 3) - 2pm (Cadillac Lounge)
Sunday 10th May - Mother's Day Lunch & Group Photo - 12pm (Triton's)
Sunday 10th May - Euchre - 3pm (Cove Cafe)
Sunday 10th May - Cards Against Humanity - 10pm (Outlook Cafe) - Adults only!
Monday 11th May - Mixology & Mayhem (Group 4) - 2pm (Cadillac Lounge)
Thursday 14th May - Fellow cruisers farewell - 11am (Promenade Lounge)

Also, Disney Wonder-ers Walking Group will meet each sea day to walk Deck 4. Meeting place is Deck 4 midship between atrium elevators and stairs. Meeting times are:

Early morning - 7am
Later morning - 9.30am
Afternoon - 1pm

Fish Extender Exchange

Being organised by Jen (ravensilverlight) - see Post 151 of this thread or click here for more info.

Private Mixology

Being organised by Joh (wilma-bride) - click here for more info

Embassy Suites, Miami Group Rate

Being organised by Kathleen (KathleenLovesMickey) - click here for more info

Embarkation Day Meet & Greet and Candy Exchange

Being organised by Joh (wilma-bride) - click here for more info

Group Cruise Shirts

Being organised by rlrose313 - click here for more info

Pub Crawl

Being organised by Donna (see below for info)

Donna Lenz is headin' up the Crawl, Y'all.....

It will take place on May 2nd, an 'at sea' day, from 3:00 to 4:30 pm.

We will start at Diversions Pub (Deck 3 Fwd), then move over to Promenade Lounge (Deck 3 Midship) and finish up at Signals* by the adult pool on Deck 9. We will spend approximately 30 minutes at each place. These are all family oriented locations, drinking is optional. You can purchase cocktails or BYOB. This is NOT a DCL sponsored activity, just a fun opportunity to get to know your fellow cruisers!! Hope to see y'all there!!

*Signals is located next to the adult pool on Deck 9. The bar area itself is 21+ however, the adult pool area is 18+.
[/QUOTE]

Oh boy, I sure am wishing we had been leaving tomorrow instead of Thursday. It's been nothing but rain, drizzle, fog (locally known as RDF) since Saturday and forecasts into the weekend. You nice folks will hold the boat for us, won't you?

We're rapidly packing and crossing fingers and toes. If Air Canada does one of their free changes due to impending weather, we might try and scoot to Toronto Wednesday night.

Good luck in all your travels those of you starting tomorrow or already started. This is really happening now! :dogdance:

I hope you're able to get a flight out tomorrow night, Newfie! And if not, I hope your travels are smooth on Thursday! See everyone Friday morning!

Just fixed my last dinner for 16 nights!!! Big day of travel ahead. Hope everyone has safe travels and see you on the ship!

oh boy, our chances of making this cruise are now soooo small. There is no flight option that gets me to Miami in time for the cruise any more. We're now scheduled to fly into Fort Lauderdale at 11:33am. The fog just isn't lifting, any further issues and we're stuck.

We certainly will not be seeing you at the meet & greet at the airport hotel. Fingers crossed we make it at all. It might be us running to make the boat while it sails away...

oh boy, our chances of making this cruise are now soooo small. There is no flight option that gets me to Miami in time for the cruise any more. We're now scheduled to fly into Fort Lauderdale at 11:33am. The fog just isn't lifting, any further issues and we're stuck.

We certainly will not be seeing you at the meet & greet at the airport hotel. Fingers crossed we make it at all. It might be us running to make the boat while it sails away...

Sending lots of Pixie Dust!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Oh no! Bless your heart! I'll send all the pixie dust I can your way.

Flying in early tomorrow via tonight's red eye. Hopefully the clouds will be cleared out by then. I'll have on my decepticon cap at night and we'll play some board games. :)

Thanks for all the pixie dust. We got out of St. John's. Only 10 hours late. Sitting in the lounge in Toronto. We got here early enough to move flights to Orlando tonight. We'll be landing around midnight (fingers crossed). We're staying at the hotel at the airport and will grab a rental in the morning bring and early. Thinking about 6:30am. Is 4 hours about the right amount of time to budget? That would get us there about 10:30 am and some time to drop off the rental and get to the port. I'll try to drop the car rental off near the port. I think there's a Budget close by. Trying to figure that part out now.

Thanks for all the pixie dust. We got out of St. John's. Only 10 hours late. Sitting in the lounge in Toronto. We got here early enough to move flights to Orlando tonight. We'll be landing around midnight (fingers crossed). We're staying at the hotel at the airport and will grab a rental in the morning bring and early. Thinking about 6:30am. Is 4 hours about the right amount of time to budget? That would get us there about 10:30 am and some time to drop off the rental and get to the port. I'll try to drop the car rental off near the port. I think there's a Budget close by. Trying to figure that part out now.
It is a 3 1/2 hours drive without stops. Should be quiet. Now if you take the toll road , the Florida Turnpike, the tolls are cashless so you need a Sunpass. You can buy them at the service plazas. As we have only driven this road I am not sure of the other roads.

To those having issues with their travels I hope all will be well. Just here in my hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. Leaving the hotel about 9. Stop at Dunkin for some coffee then return the car to Miami airport then hop in the free Alamo shuttle to the port. Maybe see some of you in a few hours. Oh I have done the drive once from Orlando. We did use the turnpike and it took about 4 1/2 hours give or take a few min.

Disney%20Wonder%20-%20Panama%20Canal%201_zpsepnk34yz.jpg

Disney%20Wonder%20-%20Panama%20Canal%202_zpsg0gp0uut.jpg

Disney%20Wonder%20-%20Panama%20Canal%203_zpsgda5j6nd.jpg

Disney%20Wonder%20-%20Panama%20Canal%204_zpspiv3aku8.jpg

:wave:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter