Cruising The Canal May 1, 2015 (Roll Call in Post 1)

Me and my wife did the Disney Panama Canal (LA to Miami) back in December of 2012, and we're thinking about doing this cruise. Our plans are to wait a couple of months, and see if they drop the prices some (like an inside guaranteed room). I'm sure there are some on here that booked this cruise very early. Anyone that booked early, with an inside room, willing to share what they paid? On our PC cruise, we paid $1,100 per person for a 11C room (not counting tax). Love the sea days on this cruise, and Cartegena and Puerto Vallarta were great......jonathan

Me and my wife did the Disney Panama Canal (LA to Miami) back in December of 2012, and we're thinking about doing this cruise. Our plans are to wait a couple of months, and see if they drop the prices some (like an inside guaranteed room). I'm sure there are some on here that booked this cruise very early. Anyone that booked early, with an inside room, willing to share what they paid? On our PC cruise, we paid $1,100 per person for a 11C room (not counting tax). Love the sea days on this cruise, and Cartegena and Puerto Vallarta were great......jonathan
Opening day an 11c just fare was $1092, 11a and 10c was $1330. I would expect igt rates to be around $980. The cost of port charges have went up significantly since opening day.

I am booked on the cruise and trying to get connected with as many groups as possible to see what's going on.

THANKS
LESLIE

so is revensilverlight not doing the FE? I was going to email her. I'd like to get into the FE group. How do I do that?

Hi there, our 11 year old daughter will be cruising with us. How about you?

You are like us traveling with one child. We are bringing our ds age 14. We are hoping he will make lots of friends. There seems to be a lot of girls around your daughter's age.

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

I haven't logged in for awhile now, which means I'm not able to take this cruise:furious: This is the 4th Panama Canal Cruise we've had to cancel, in a row:crazy2: It's not worth the risk to be in the middle of the sea if something happens, so I'm listening to docs - again:sad:

As for the DT folk - please give your own credit cards before April 1st! The rooms are held in my name and yours. If you try to change the reservation, the hotel will give you a hard time. You're simply giving the operator your name and adding your cc to the room. DT is not happy we circumvented their sales department for a lower rate and better cancellation policy, at least according to their voicemails:confused3 If you need/want a room at DT at this point, I suggest AAA or AARP.

Enjoy the fabulous trip through the canal! I' m hoping for the September EBPC....

Hi all!

My aunt and I will be on this cruise. One we each have wanted to do for a while. Really starting to get excited about it now that we are in 2015!

We are definitely interested in the mixology classes. Please let me know how to go about this.

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

I haven't logged in for awhile now, which means I'm not able to take this cruise:furious: This is the 4th Panama Canal Cruise we've had to cancel, in a row:crazy2: It's not worth the risk to be in the middle of the sea if something happens, so I'm listening to docs - again:sad:

Enjoy the fabulous trip through the canal! I' m hoping for the September EBPC....

So Sorry you won't be able to cruise with us :-(

Hi there, our 11 year old daughter will be cruising with us. How about you?

Our twin girls will be almost 11 when we cruise. But they are on the young side for their age (still very child-like and don't seem to be in a rush to grow up).

:welcome: to all the new folks!

I am so sorry that you have to cancel your cruise. I hope to cruise with you in the future. PS Happy Birthday to your son.:wave2::sad:

Please add me to the Roll Call (cruiser list)

Michael and Pat; early dining; SR 5646

Our twin girls will be almost 11 when we cruise. But they are on the young side for their age (still very child-like and don't seem to be in a rush to grow up).

:welcome: to all the new folks!
I think that's great--you're only a child once! My daughter (now 37) often wonders why she was in a rush to grow up :)

Can you add us to the roll call? We are The Carey's, Christa (Sissy1971), DH and DD (11), from San Diego.

Hi Christa, have added you and your family now :)

Hi all!

So excited to be venturing onto the boards and to meet some of you aboard ship. This is our sixth cruise but we are new to all the meet ideas, fe info and everything else. Trying to figure out the abbreviations is challenging
so far!

Suzanne

Hi there,

We'd love to be part of mixology and the chocolate exchange.

Suzanne

Welcome to the group Suzanne - yes, the terminology and abbreviations can take some getting used to but keep chatting away here and you'll soon pick it up. I can add your names to the mixology - how many spaces will you need (over 21s only obviously)? As far as the candy/chocolate exchange, that will form part of the embarkation day meet and greet and is very informal. Everybody is welcome to the meet and greet and there is absolutely no obligation to bring candy and chocolate but if you wish to do so that's great. Just bring some candy/chocolate (if it can be from your local area so much the better) with you to the meeting area (which we will know nearer the time) on embarkation day and get to know some of your fellow cruisers :thumbsup2

Hi Jonathan, hope you manage to get this cruise booked. It's going to be a lot of fun. DH and I paid just shy of $2800 (including onboard booking discounts) for the cruise and we booked in the first week. We are in a cat 11B.

so is revensilverlight not doing the FE? I was going to email her. I'd like to get into the FE group. How do I do that?

Yes, Jen is still running the FE. You can PM her from the boards or post here and she will pick up your details and contact you.

Hello Fellow Cruisers,

As for the DT folk - please give your own credit cards before April 1st! The rooms are held in my name and yours. If you try to change the reservation, the hotel will give you a hard time. You're simply giving the operator your name and adding your cc to the room. DT is not happy we circumvented their sales department for a lower rate and better cancellation policy, at least according to their voicemails:confused3 If you need/want a room at DT at this point, I suggest AAA or AARP.

Sorry you've had to cancel - hope you get to take the cruise some day :goodvibes

Hi all!

My aunt and I will be on this cruise. One we each have wanted to do for a while. Really starting to get excited about it now that we are in 2015!

We are definitely interested in the mixology classes. Please let me know how to go about this.

Welcome to the group :welcome: For now I have added you to the mixology list. As we get closer I will post an update here with regard to dates and times of the sessions. I will also be contacting everybody on the list to confirm they still want to take part and get the necessary information (stateroom number, full names etc.)

Please add me to the Roll Call (cruiser list)

Michael and Pat; early dining; SR 5646

:welcome: to the group Michael - I have aded you to the roll call :)

Hi
We are from New Zealand and this will be our second disney cruise :) we were on the inaugural Pixar California Coast one in 2012 and we are coming back for the Panama Canal in May :)

We too haven't booked yet as we too are hanging on for a discounted rate (due to currency conversion we pay about 25-30% more than the advertised cost so any saving is very much needed!)

We are starting our holiday in Orlando and we are doing all of the parks around I Drive. (We did WDW in 2001 and we love DLR better). Can't wait to get to World of Harry Potter at universal. (I am a teacher - love JK Rowling)

I will be travelling with my husband Mike, Ceejay my 11 year old (turns 12 on the 8th of May) and Koby my 8 year old. Ceejay is very excited to be able to go to the Tweens club and koby is looking forward to having space from his big brother :goodvibes we loved our last cruise and are really looking forward to this one :)

We won't be participating in the FE as I took up one whole suitcase last time lol and a lot of the gifts we can't take into New Zealand due to our laws :mad: so we will just be the token kiwis on board!

Take care
Deb

Welcome Aboard. We are an active group. If you are interesed we have a Post card recipe exchange going on. Please contact me with your cabin number or simply do the roll call. For the Fish extenders contact is Ravensilverlight, for mixology classes WilmaBride. Hope that saves you from having to read 40 pages back. :wizard:

Hello Dennes
Welcomed to the cruise post..:-). We are your token Aussies on this cruise... Hehe we also have a birthday on board as my son Alex turns 12 on the 6th..:-). Our other son Axel is 8 also well he turns 8 on Saturday ..:-)
We also have a week before in WDW and a couple of days in Miami
Looking forward to meeting you ..:-)

Vicky

Hi
We are from New Zealand and this will be our second disney cruise :) we were on the inaugural Pixar California Coast one in 2012 and we are coming back for the Panama Canal in May :)

We too haven't booked yet as we too are hanging on for a discounted rate (due to currency conversion we pay about 25-30% more than the advertised cost so any saving is very much needed!)

We are starting our holiday in Orlando and we are doing all of the parks around I Drive. (We did WDW in 2001 and we love DLR better). Can't wait to get to World of Harry Potter at universal. (I am a teacher - love JK Rowling)

I will be travelling with my husband Mike, Ceejay my 11 year old (turns 12 on the 8th of May) and Koby my 8 year old. Ceejay is very excited to be able to go to the Tweens club and koby is looking forward to having space from his big brother :goodvibes we loved our last cruise and are really looking forward to this one :)

We won't be participating in the FE as I took up one whole suitcase last time lol and a lot of the gifts we can't take into New Zealand due to our laws :mad: so we will just be the token kiwis on board!

Take care
Deb

Hi Deb and :welcome:

As others have said, we have loads more going on that just the Fish extender exchange. There will be private mixology classes, a meet & greet with a candy exchange - basically, people just bring some candy or chocolate from their local area for others to share. There is more information in my post above. We are also planning to arrange towel animal folding classes and there is a postcard recipe exchange, which should be fun.

Lots more information and links to the relevant posts in Post 5 of this thread.

Do you want me to add you to the roll call?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter