Cruising The Canal May 1, 2015 (Roll Call in Post 1)

Posting here for all those who don't use Facebook:

Usually, there is a meet and greet and the opportunity to get to know your fellow cruisers on the first day (embarkation day). As a few people had mentioned chocolate tasting, I thought it might be fun to repeat something we have done on our previous cruises, i.e. a candy/chocolate exchange.

The idea is you bring some chocolate or candy from your local area (or country if there is no regional specialty) and bring it along to the M&G. Don't worry if you can't bring anything, there is no obligation, it's just a bit of fun. And if you'd rather bring something savoury, please feel free to do that too (although it might be worth checking if there are any restrictions on what savoury items you can bring on board).

More details will be posted, regarding time and place, nearer to the cruise date but please ask if you have any questions :)

We have finally confirmed that yes we are going on this cruise!!
I do not have the hang of posting too well, will try and Join the FB group

Please count us in for the meet and greet and candy exchange. We are also interested in the private tasting/mixology- have done these in the past and sooo fun.

For the roll call
It is me- Jayne DH- Damian and DS Patrick (11) from Rochester, NY State room- 6654

Hi
We are from New Zealand and this will be our second disney cruise :) we were on the inaugural Pixar California Coast one in 2012 and we are coming back for the Panama Canal in May :)

We too haven't booked yet as we too are hanging on for a discounted rate (due to currency conversion we pay about 25-30% more than the advertised cost so any saving is very much needed!)

We are starting our holiday in Orlando and we are doing all of the parks around I Drive. (We did WDW in 2001 and we love DLR better). Can't wait to get to World of Harry Potter at universal. (I am a teacher - love JK Rowling)

I will be travelling with my husband Mike, Ceejay my 11 year old (turns 12 on the 8th of May) and Koby my 8 year old. Ceejay is very excited to be able to go to the Tweens club and koby is looking forward to having space from his big brother :goodvibes we loved our last cruise and are really looking forward to this one :)

We won't be participating in the FE as I took up one whole suitcase last time lol and a lot of the gifts we can't take into New Zealand due to our laws :mad: so we will just be the token kiwis on board!

Take care
Deb

Hello and Welcome!

Just wanted to say hi! I've been to your country on several occasions as we have one of our customers located in Wellington. I've been down to Christchurch as well, and have taken the train from there over to Greytown. It's a beautiful country!

Look forward to chatting with you!

I'm trying to get in touch with ravensilverlight for the FE. I emailed her a couple of days ago, and no response. I just tried to pm her on here, and it says she either chose to not receive pm's or her system doesn't accept them. Now what?

Her name is Jen Koeller. Very nice lady. Having issues with Dis right now. I will let her know to check here again. So very excited about this cruise.princess:

Thanks for adding us to the Mixology list, WilmaBride.
I will try to catch up with this thread, lots of reading!!!!

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

I would be keen for the mixology class - not so sure for DH :confused3 as he's not a big cocktail drinker. I loved this last time so I'm in!!

Would love to do the FE but will be tight on luggage to be honest but chocolate I can do!! the kids loved doing the FE last time but the only things we could keep was anything that was commercially made or key rings etc. Anything wooden etc we weren't able to keep :( I felt it was a waste of others money and time so this time we will decline.

Booking accomodation this weekend and waiting to see what the cruise does. We are there irregardless but will take the gamble on what happens with the cost. I am hoping we are on deck one as I loved how quiet this was last time.

Hi!
We love our little town all 2000 (ish) people :) it is also such a relief to get away also :)

NZ is so quaint - we love Australia, Mexico and the US. Can't wait for April.

The last 18 months has been hard with me losing my dad to a brain tumour and this trip was one he wanted to do with my boys. So please excuse me if i seem over emotional at times - it will be a hard trip to take without him. He passed away three months ago.

Looking forward to all of the planning involved :) :yay::yay::dance3:
Hello and Welcome!

Just wanted to say hi! I've been to your country on several occasions as we have one of our customers located in Wellington. I've been down to Christchurch as well, and have taken the train from there over to Greytown. It's a beautiful country!

Look forward to chatting with you!

I have read that getting a taxi can be a nightmare at the port with all of the construction. We had planned to get a taxi from the port to our hotel (Homewood Suites at the Airport) to drop off our luggage and then going on to Sea World. Does anyone have advice on the best way to manage that? Thank you!:)

I have read that getting a taxi can be a nightmare at the port with all of the construction. We had planned to get a taxi from the port to our hotel (Homewood Suites at the Airport) to drop off our luggage and then going on to Sea World. Does anyone have advice on the best way to manage that? Thank you!:)

I saw that too. We decided to get the Disney transfers from the port to the airport. We can get the shuttle back to the hotel for free. I believe we are staying at the same hotel. How were you going to get to sea world? That sounds like a nice idea.

Hi!
We love our little town all 2000 (ish) people :) it is also such a relief to get away also :)

The last 18 months has been hard with me losing my dad to a brain tumour and this trip was one he wanted to do with my boys. So please excuse me if i seem over emotional at times - it will be a hard trip to take without him. He passed away three months ago.

Sorry about your loss. I just want to say a lot of us take a disney cruise out of loss or hurt that we are going through. The planning actually helps to slowly ease the pain. This is going to be a great trip.

I saw that too. We decided to get the Disney transfers from the port to the airport. We can get the shuttle back to the hotel for free. I believe we are staying at the same hotel. How were you going to get to sea world? That sounds like a nice idea.

That sounds like a great idea. We had planned on taking a taxi from the hotel to SeaWorld. Do you know what time the Disney transfer is supposed to arrive at the airport by? Thank you!

Hello everyone ~

I have started a list for anyone that would like to get into an ornament exchange.

If you are interested in joining, please email me your name & stateroom #.
My email is apollocrain@hotmail.com (I check that on a daily basis). You can also pm me on here, but include your email as well. (I'm not on this site everyday, but will check a couple of times a week). I will send the list out via email occasionally.

The ornament exchange can be a store bought ornament or a home made one. Whatever your preference is. We will use the FE's to put them in. However, if someone isn't in the FE, I've left a bag hooked on the door handle. Also, if you catch the stateroom host/hostess, they might put it in the room for you.

I joined a group on my last cruise & it was fun. There was only 13 of us, but it was neat to see what ideas people came up with. Most of mine were home made & Disney related. However, there were a couple that were related to where the people were from. Also, 2 people chose to make Halloween themed ornaments since it was a cruise in early October.

It's a nice memory for you when you decorate your Christmas tree each year.

Let me know if you're interested & I look forward to meeting people on the cruise!!!
LESLIE

That sounds like a great idea. We had planned on taking a taxi from the hotel to SeaWorld. Do you know what time the Disney transfer is supposed to arrive at the airport by? Thank you!

I was told that there will be Disney buses waiting for us as soon as we walk out of the port. I would imagine as each bus is filled, it will leave for the airport. I wouldn't think it would be too far away. It my be worth it to rent a car at the airport and just go to sea world from there.

Hello everyone ~

I have started a list for anyone that would like to get into an ornament exchange.

If you are interested in joining, please email me your name & stateroom #.
My email is apollocrain@hotmail.com (I check that on a daily basis). You can also pm me on here, but include your email as well. (I'm not on this site everyday, but will check a couple of times a week). I will send the list out via email occasionally.

The ornament exchange can be a store bought ornament or a home made one. Whatever your preference is. We will use the FE's to put them in. However, if someone isn't in the FE, I've left a bag hooked on the door handle. Also, if you catch the stateroom host/hostess, they might put it in the room for you.

I joined a group on my last cruise & it was fun. There was only 13 of us, but it was neat to see what ideas people came up with. Most of mine were home made & Disney related. However, there were a couple that were related to where the people were from. Also, 2 people chose to make Halloween themed ornaments since it was a cruise in early October.

It's a nice memory for you when you decorate your Christmas tree each year.

Let me know if you're interested & I look forward to meeting people on the cruise!!!
LESLIE

Will there be a limit to how many would be grouped together like 10 or could there be 50?

We will be crossing the canal with our DS Patrick-11. Catching up on the thread posts an. it looks like there are others traveling with boys around the. ame age yeah!

On a previous cruise, we connected with others traveling with boys around the same age prior to the cruise and it was a lot of fun.

Would love to meet others interested in hooking up the boys prior to the cruise and we can have a meet and greet for them on the first day of the cruise .

PM me or email me at pwvmom at gmail.com if interested.

Cannot wait for this cruise! Thinking of the warm weather as we have been hovering around zero.

Jayne

Welcome aboard. Yes there are boys about the same age. I am traveling with husband only. Looking forward to sailing.pixiedust:

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

I would be keen for the mixology class - not so sure for DH :confused3 as he's not a big cocktail drinker. I loved this last time so I'm in!!

Would love to do the FE but will be tight on luggage to be honest but chocolate I can do!! the kids loved doing the FE last time but the only things we could keep was anything that was commercially made or key rings etc. Anything wooden etc we weren't able to keep :( I felt it was a waste of others money and time so this time we will decline.

Booking accomodation this weekend and waiting to see what the cruise does. We are there irregardless but will take the gamble on what happens with the cost. I am hoping we are on deck one as I loved how quiet this was last time.
We are down on deck 1 as well! We stayed down there on the EBTA in 2013 and for the first Med that followed. We couldn't get over how quiet it was! So we booked there this time as well. Plus, last time we were on board for 21 nights and by staying on deck 1 we managed to not gain much weight as we vowed to not use the elevators.

And :welcome: to you and the others that have just joined up!

Hi!

I'm so sorry for your loss :hug:

Hi guys, I live here in San Diego and the construction will be done by the time we come back in to port. It is practically done now. If you tell me where your hotels are, I can tell you whether it is worth going to the airport and then your hotel. San Diego is pretty small and from the terminal to the airport is not even 2 miles, so you could probably save yourself some money by just taking a taxi.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter