Cruise Tips and Packing Hints (long!!)

Wow this list is really helpful.

We are going on our first cruise next week and I've been worrying im going to forget something so this list will really help

Thank you so much for posting

Andrea x

Oh my goodness... So glad I found this post. Thanks for taking the time to share such wonderful tips!

Great tips, I wrote a few down in will add them to my cruise part of the Disney binder:) Thank you

So glad I read every post-no CPAP for hubby & he'll be sleeping on deck!!

Lol! We may need to bring my DH's CPAP with us just in case! A year and a half ago he had his tonsils and things removed, and he very rarely snores anymore, but I'd hate to be trapped for 7 nights! Thanks for the reminder of that!

I have a 3 ring binder that I keep ALL my important papers and need to knows in. I have them divided by specifics.. Like I have the flight info, resort info, designs that I made with the name of the designers, hints and things that I haven't thought of but need to remember:) Plus, any reservations that I have made..I use 4x6 cards for my reservations..I have all info on them..example: date I called and who I spoke with. Reservation # date and time of the reservation. On the back, I have time we were seated, how we were greeted, cost of meal and pictures of what we ate and if we liked it:) It is so much easier to take the 4x6 card with me so I have all the info in case they don't have my name..I also, use my cell phone # to make all reservations..

I'll see if I can sneak some time and update the Excel doc with anything that might be in this thread that we missed in previous threads devoted to the subject. :)

The cruise packing list has been updated and posted to the link in my signature. It now has updated links to airline, airport, port info along with the tips provided by vets for first-timers, and web resources.

The cruise packing list has been updated and posted to the link in my signature. It now has updated links to airline, airport, port info along with the tips provided by vets for first-timers, and web resources.

I hate to ask but I only read the boards on my phone, much easier to navigate. Could you post the link. It doesn't show signatures on the app version. Please and thank you. It would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I hate to ask but I only read the boards on my phone, much easier to navigate. Could you post the link. It doesn't show signatures on the app version. Please and thank you. It would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

No worries - I just realized it myself last night that signatures don't show.
Here's the link.

You are too nice! My DH would be doing his own laundry...........not gonna ruin MY vacation by doing HIS laundry! :teeth: :rotfl:

I discovered it's very cheap to have clothes pressed onboard ... so don't spend time ironing while on board.

I discovered it's very cheap to have clothes pressed onboard ... so don't spend time ironing while on board.

What is the definition of cheap? Standard dry cleaning prices or better? I have heard anywhere from $1.50 per shirt up to $3.00 per shirt!!

Make sure to pack your morning outfit in a separate bag. The last night of the cruise, you will need to pack all your belongings and leave them in front of your cabin to be picked up by the stewards. You don't want to be the one leaving the ship in pj's and dirty teeth. Make sure everything you need to get ready in the morning is packed separate.

What a great way to start the morning, woke up to an email from Disney telling me how close my cruise was ( as if I need telling :rotfl2:) and a nice message from one of our FE buddies.

Now to persuade myself to get up & go to work

Building our list (especially important since granddaughter is flying in to cruise with us) - downloaded the spreadsheet. WOW! Thank you!!

Building our list (especially important since granddaughter is flying in to cruise with us) - downloaded the spreadsheet. WOW! Thank you!!

You have resurrected a very old thread which was started years ago. Some of the tips listed no longer apply to current cruises. Just thought I should mention it.

Have fun on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter