Cruise Restart: Are you Cancelling or Sailing?

Are you Cancelling or Sailing?

• Love it! Keeping our cruise and booked more!

Votes: 22 7.1%
  • I'm ok with the protocols, keeping our cruise

Votes: 102 33.1%
  • Don't love the protocols, but keeping our cruise

Votes: 42 13.6%
  • We are cancelling

Votes: 57 18.5%
  • Wait and see...

Votes: 85 27.6%

• Total voters
We are waiting to have a return call or email from DCL regarding how concierge will change. I had my question broadcast on the DCL show and you will notice Pete said they couldn't close or change things; but they have to for their new protocols. If Concierge changes for the negative, it is an immediate cancellation for us.

I have been booked for August 27 for a while and have no intention of cancelling. I got such a good deal on it from a FL resident rate (when those were still being offered) that it seems like a low risk way to experience it. Also, I have to scratch the itch and am definitely one of those people who will jump through the hoops needed to get back on a ship! I will say that if I didn't have this booked already, it would be much harder for me to justify $2000 for a 3 night cruise, even with a double dip, with these restrictions.

We are waiting to have a return call or email from DCL regarding how concierge will change. I had my question broadcast on the DCL show and you will notice Pete said they couldn't close or change things; but they have to for their new protocols. If Concierge changes for the negative, it is an immediate cancellation for us.

When you hear back from DCL, would you mind sharing any info....we're concierge on the Fantasy in December and I'm very curious to see what is going to change! The protocols that were posted didn't really address concierge.

I sent shoreside an email a week ago and have not heard a thing - same questions as you, I suspect. I hope you will share what you learn. I'm not interested in dropping that kind of money for a significantly reduced experience.

I thought we were able to cancel anytime before our paid in full date and get our deposit back. What is this must cancel by August 9th date? My 10 year old is not vaxxed yet (obviously). I booked the Wish for June 2022 before it sold out not knowing if and when I could get him vaxxed under the assumption I could get a refund before the paid in full date. We're not cruising unless I can vaccinate him. The rest of us are vaccinated. So, I am a wait and see. Even though I am not thrilled with all the other policies, the only deal breaker for me is him cruising unvaccinated. I do not want my son to catch Covid, and people are still getting it on ships even with tests that come back negative before boarding. I know he can catch Covid anywhere, but we do not need to take a cruise. It is the same reason we do not eat out, go to the movies, or do anything else outside the house. He needs the vaccine.
First cruise is August 9th. Standard cancellation penalties apply beginning August 7th. Apparently they want people to make their decision before hearing any feedback from those on these first cruises. Wonder why...

We have one under 12 that hopefully will be vaccinated by Feb, but we would go whether she was vaccinated or not as long as the onboard experience was back to something close to normal.

I hate to say it, but I have a hard time seeing how things could be back to something close to normal by Feb. if kids under 12 still can’t get vaccinated.

Wait and see.

Our next cruise is in January 2022 on the Fantasy. The masks don't bother me (even though we're both vaxxed) but the other reductions and restrictions do.

We're supposed to be on a SWDAS cruise and if these protocols are still in place, that'll likely be another thing that gets removed. ☹
Also on a January 2022 Fantasy SWDAS cruise (1/22-1/29 - you on that same cruise?). Same thing; wait and see, but I will say the mask protocol does bother me, but I understand why DCL is doing it. It's just too hard to discern who is/isn't vaccinated and it's the CDC's guidance as of now...

I'm really holding out hope things get better in the next 5-6 months, DCL's sailings go well and the CDC eases some of it's restrictions. Also, a lot depends on the ports of call and how that evolves over the next 5 months or so.

Waiting to see, we are still a ways out from our cruise. A lot could change between now and then

I'm also really eager to hear about the changes to concierge. I have a very short 2 night cruise booked for my birthday in September. We won't cancel it regardless as I really want to be a Disney cruise ship for that particular birthday milestone. I still want to know what to expect though :)

My cruise isn’t until, May2022, moved from September. We are fully vaccinated. This is our first cruise, but even with restrictions, I feel like I JUST WANT TO CRUISE! i do worry about having to reserve or get somewhere early to get a seat cuz of protocols and spacing, but I’m not sure it’s enough to make me cancel!

Same here! I'm booked in May 2022, the whole party is fully vaccinated, and for now we're sitting tight. Of course that's a long ways away and things could change, but I just want to get on a ship!

We're also taking a wait and see attitude.
Right now we are wondering what happens if our port of call is deemed a State Department Level 4, do not travel. Does Disney no longer go to that port and then are we a 7 day cruise to nowhere? That doesn't sound appealing.

First cruise is August 9th. Standard cancellation penalties apply beginning August 7th. Apparently they want people to make their decision before hearing any feedback from those on these first cruises. Wonder why...
Yeah, I knew I saw August 9th somewhere. That must have been the cruise resume date. It was August 6th for the cancel date though. As far as why I can only assume they want people to decide before others can start giving them feedback on their cruises. It does not seem like a good sign. Nevertheless, for me, my only dealbreaker is traveling with my son unvaccinated. Otherwise, we'll give it a go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter