Cruise post bariatric surgery

STLDisney_Freak

Proud Marching Band, Winter Guard, Choir Mom
My family is going on our 6 Disney Cruise next June 2023. This will be the first cruise for me post gastric bypass surgery. I guess I am wondering if I discuss with our waiter can they bring out smaller portion sizes for myself? I really hate for them to bring all that food to me and I can’t eat it all. Has anyone had any issues discussing some similar and they making the portions smaller?

The portion sizes for the individual courses aren’t that large to begin with so I doubt they will be able to make portion sizes smaller with the volume of people they are serving at a time. It’s ordering an appetizer, soup/salad, entree and dessert that makes the meal so filling. Maybe just stick to ordering two courses that are the most appetizing to you each night, so you don’t feel like you are wasting so much food.

My husband and I were on our first cruise on the Dream in January. He was about 9 months out from his bariatric surgery at that time. The portions were not huge and he ate most of whatever he ordered. Matter of fact they were always offering him more and he kept having to refuse. The app, entree and desert were served so he could eat slowly. He is down 130lbs now and looking forward to our Sept 2023 Fantasy cruise. Enjoy your cruise!

My husband and I were on our first cruise on the Dream in January. He was about 9 months out from his bariatric surgery at that time. The portions were not huge and he ate most of whatever he ordered. Matter of fact they were always offering him more and he kept having to refuse. The app, entree and desert were served so he could eat slowly. He is down 130lbs now and looking forward to our Sept 2023 Fantasy cruise. Enjoy your crui
My husband and I were on our first cruise on the Dream in January. He was about 9 months out from his bariatric surgery at that time. The portions were not huge and he ate most of whatever he ordered. Matter of fact they were always offering him more and he kept having to refuse. The app, entree and desert were served so he could eat slowly. He is down 130lbs now and looking forward to our Sept 2023 Fantasy cruise. Enjoy your cruise!
thank you that is helpful.

Eat what you can and just enjoy the cruise. My wife always use to ask for smaller portions because she's not a big eater and the servers would always say, "Eat what you want and don't worry, we just feed the fish with the leftovers".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter