Cruise companies starting to require vaccinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed my point. Measles his highly contagious and can cause very serious medical problems especially in children under 5 years. No one requires proof of a vaccination for measles despite the fact that it has not been 100% eradicated. Things need to be in context.

Nope, don't think I did.
But measles isn't in context is it? Where is the world wide measles pandemic stopping the cruise lines from functioning?
If there was a measles pandemic, which caused the world to shut down and cruise lines to stop sailing for over a year, pretty sure they would require proof of vaccination for that too 👍

Here's another historical fact for those who don't like my measles comparison. In 1968-69 between 1 million and 4 million people died from the so-called Hong Kong flu. It was a pandemic. Yet life went on unabated and in fact 500,000 people sat shoulder to shoulder at a farm in upstate New York for a 3 day concert. My point is, there's always some health crisis. It just so happens this one was the most covered, counted, scrutinized etc. in history for whatever reasons you want to believe. I sailed on Disney during the H1N1 crisis. That's when they started handing out hand towels when you went into dine. Do you know how that pandemic ended? They stoped counting new cases. No vaccine, no cure. Currently the death toll is about 2 million from Covid. I maintain the big cruise lines will not require a vaccination to sail.

Nope, don't think I did.
But measles isn't in context is it? Where is the world wide measles pandemic stopping the cruise lines from functioning?
If there was a measles pandemic, which caused the world to shut down and cruise lines to stop sailing for over a year, pretty sure they would require proof of vaccination for that too 👍
What about these viruses which are among the most deadly: Ebola, HIV, the normal flu? Should they require a flu shot before sailing? The flu is far deadlier to the young than Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!