Cruise auditions

Hello all - thanks for this thread! I've been biting my nails trying to see what the notification process would be like!

I attended the Cruise line audition in Chicago at the end of March, here's what the experience was like:

First, only about 60 people were there (40 girls, 20 guys). We learned the animation and choreography, ran it a few times, and then performed in groups of 5 or 6 for two casting directors.

They asked 18 to stay (I was one of them!). They split off 6 to go dance in another area, and asked the remaining 12 (8 girls, 4 guys, including me). They recorded our dances for the head casting directors. Then they excused all but 3 girls and 2 guys (one of the guys was me! yay!) and took face photos.

I asked the choreographer when we would hear back and she said 3-4 weeks. It hasn't been quite 4 weeks yet.

Has anyone heard a definite yay or nay? Also, how will they be contacting us?

Also what was the attendance like in other cities? Like said there were about 60 in Chicago.

The one in Austin was almost the same as in Chicago, about 40 people showed up, I was the only guy!! After the first cut, about 11 people got asked to stay. We were separated into 2 groups. I was in the first one, We did once more the movement combination and then took pictures of us. The other group was taught a more thecnical dance combination. It was kind of hard to tell who were being considered for the Cruise and who for WDW as you were able to audition for both at the same time. None of the people in my group that I am in contact has heard anything from the cruise, but they are all on the hiring list for WDW.

I was measured at 6' 1 3/4" and the other guy whose pic they took was a little shorter. We both had brown hair and hazel eyes with athletic/slim builds.

And thanks for the email!

apparently things go like this, for character performers:

2 spots available for guys over 6" who will be friends with goofy and hook possibly jack sparrow and aladdin. On the shows with beast and woody.

4 spots available for girls around 5" 3 in who will be friends with the princesses and pluto, chip and dale

5 spots available for girls under 5" who will be friends with minnie mickey stitch daisy and donald

So it is really though considering they auditioned in 4 different cities!

I am 6" black hair hazel eyes too! So we are competing for the same spot!! hehehe:mad::laughing:

Also what was the attendance like in other cities? Like said there were about 60 in Chicago.

My daughter attended the audition in Atlanta. From about 90 they narrowed the dancers down to 15, which they recorded to take back to casting directors. She made it through to the end so we are keeping"everything" crossed :)

The waiting is killing me....hehehe Has anyone been offered anything yet?

Nope, still havn't heard anything back! I didn't get an email to say they'd be making offers at the end of the month either! Do you think they'll let us know either way? Like even if we didn't get it?

I emailed them because I needed to know if they were still considering me. They answered me saying there are still in the process of casting and everyone who got a spot should know before May.

Las time I auditioned for Disney, I never got an email saying I didnt get it¡ But as the post says, maybe on monday we will start hearing back from them!! I hope we all get to meet each other on Toronto!!

Nope, still havn't heard anything back! I didn't get an email to say they'd be making offers at the end of the month either! Do you think they'll let us know either way? Like even if we didn't get it?

What city did you audition in? What were the numbers like (guys, girls) ?

I auditioned in London, but it was the callback day, so there was like 20 girls and 20 guys, but everyone was auditioning for different parts, maybe about 2/3 people going for each different role! There was one other girl going for the role I was going for, but didn't get to see any of them audition as we each went in one by one!

Good luck for everyone and let us hope we start hearing from disney on monday. I know all of you might be interested on this blog. It is from one of the actual performers on the ship. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did as it has a lot of information on what it is like on the ship.

http://confessionsofamadhatter.com/

Just wanted to let you guys know... a friend of mine audition for DCL and we has invited to a final callback on May 3rd. I'm assuming he's going for a singing role, but am not positive, he's already at character at WDW.

Thanks any info helps! Do you know if they have callbacks for character performers too?? let us know how it went.

If I dont hear anything this week, I will just have to prepare for next audition tour and try again!

Disney auditions just posted new auditions for the cruiseline on their website. But the interesting thing is they are only casting in Toronto, so it may be that some of the past auditioners could also be considered for the new ship with contracts starting in september.:cool1:

A friend of mine from the Austin auditions got a call today from DCL confirming all her availability information and said that they were just now starting to look at the stuff from the Austin audition. Nothing was offered yet, but they said that they would be making calls in the next couple of days to confirm information. Good luck to you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter