Cruise auditions

stillsingingstrong

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done one (or more) of these? Is there a chance of being cast if you aren't one of the ones held after the movement/animation routine?

I believe if you are cut at any time during the process, your chance of being cast is very slim. I think they work like regular job auditions at WDW- if you were to get it they would tell you that day. (but i'm not totally sure about that.)

when my friend was put on the list to be a mouse for the cruise she was told that day she was on the list and can be called any time in the next 6 months to go on board.

Its a lot more completive then that park because they only take a few on bored where as the park has hundreds of performers.

when my friend was put on the list to be a mouse for the cruise she was told that day she was on the list and can be called any time in the next 6 months to go on board.

Its a lot more completive then that park because they only take a few on bored where as the park has hundreds of performers.

Out of curiosity do people who've already worked as a disney character performer have some sort of seniority or does everyone have an equal opportunity?

I believe if you are cut at any time during the process, your chance of being cast is very slim. I think they work like regular job auditions at WDW- if you were to get it they would tell you that day. (but i'm not totally sure about that.)

Thanks-I was curious, because (and this was just a Character audition, not singing, dancing, or acting) they said face characters/meet-and-greet (Fur) didn't need to dance. However, they called about 10 names (of 25) to see them dance again.

Those who were called were all good dancers. I'm not *awesome*, but there were two girls who also didn't get called who were very, very good. I felt like that was probably a cut as well, but the fact that they insisted that we not consider ourselves "cut" was kind of weird.

I assume that was a preventative measure against angst or tears. It's kind of a let-down, since I think they really liked my animation, but hey, c'est la vie. ;)

It was tremendously fun, though!!

Out of curiosity do people who've already worked as a disney character performer have some sort of seniority or does everyone have an equal opportunity?

When you work as a perform for Disney Cruise Line you are not actually working for Disney, it's a third party company. So while being a park character will help at the audition, the two are not related. This is also the same for Disney Live and Tokyo Disneyland.

When you work as a perform for Disney Cruise Line you are not actually working for Disney, it's a third party company.

Thanks for this information. DS wondered about that. He's a musician who did a summer for Disney as part of the All-American College Band. Now that he's graduated, he wondered who to contact to get a musical audition on Disney Cruise Line. Interesting to know it's NOT Disney.

I went for my callback audition for DCL for the role of Ann-Marie 4weeks ago now, and have heard nothing back! Does anybody know how long they take to make a decision?

I went for my callback audition for DCL for the role of Ann-Marie 4weeks ago now, and have heard nothing back! Does anybody know how long they take to make a decision?

Did you go to a singing audition? I just went to a character one, so I'd be curious to hear how different the two might've been.

I went to the Austin auditions on March 28th everything went great and still hoping to get a call? Has anyone who auditioned for the cruise line lately gotten any calls?

I went to the Austin auditions on March 28th everything went great and still hoping to get a call? Has anyone who auditioned for the cruise line lately gotten any calls?

I also auditioned in Austin. Were you one of the ones who got to dance again? (I have not received a phone call as of yet, either...but I'm not really expecting one any more...)

Yes I was, after they called our names we were separated into two groups, The first one (the one I was in ) danced again and they videotaped they audition, they told us it was for the casting directors in canada. After that, 3 of us got asked to pose for pictures. Then they told us we were free to go.

The other group got to learn another dance combination instead, I am guessing they were also auditioning them for "movers" in parades in WDW because I know they already got the call saying they are on the waiting list for that.

You probably remember me as I was the only guy in the audition wearing a blue shirt.

Yes I was, after they called our names we were separated into two groups, The first one (the one I was in ) danced again and they videotaped the audition, they told us it was for the casting directors in canada. After that, 3 of us got asked to pose for pictures. Then they told us we were free to go.

The other group got to learn another dance combination, All of them got a call saying they are on the waiting list for WDW.

You probably remember me as I was the only guy in the audition. I was wearing a blue shirt.

Yes I was, after they called our names we were separated into two groups, The first one (the one I was in ) danced again and they videotaped the audition, they told us it was for the casting directors in canada. After that, 3 of us got asked to pose for pictures. Then they told us we were free to go.

The other group got to learn another dance combination, All of them got a call saying they are on the waiting list for WDW.

You probably remember me as I was the only guy in the audition. I was wearing a blue shirt.

Ah well, obviously that means I didn't make the cut. C'est la vie. Try try again and all that. :)

I was the one in the teal shirt with black pants-I had long brown hair and I "met" Peter Pan when I was playing my character at the beginning.

I am talking to a friend who works on the cruise and he tells me it is extremely difficult to get on the ship as a character performer. You need to be really short to do only characters (mickey, minnie, stitch, lilo,daisy,donald) or be able to pull face character and also do chip, dale and pluto, or be a guy and be really tall to do hook and goofy. but there are very few spots available.

Did you go to a singing audition? I just went to a character one, so I'd be curious to hear how different the two might've been.
Yes it was a singing audition! Sang the piece I was asked for, then I was videotaped, then I had to sing one of my own songs, then he gave me another song to try, so had to that a couple of times! He videotaped all of that. Then he gave me a little routine to do to make sure I could dance, then he took some photos of me! It all went really well, but still have heard nothing!

You could totally tell they are interested in you!!! As my friend explained they cast an entire new cast every 6 months for each ship, so maybe they are still putting them together

Yes it was a singing audition! Sang the piece I was asked for, then I was videotaped, then I had to sing one of my own songs, then he gave me another song to try, so had to that a couple of times! He videotaped all of that. Then he gave me a little routine to do to make sure I could dance, then he took some photos of me! It all went really well, but still have heard nothing!

Sounds like they were very interested! Keep us posted-Ann-Marie is SUCH a fun part!!

Got an email from disney casting today that says offers are being made and those candidates that receive an offer should hear by the end of April. So we all still have a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter