Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they'd cancel. But you might be moved depending on which hotels they'll have open. You never know you could get a really nice hotel upgrade.
It would not surprise me if they don't open any of their hotels, it doesn't make sense to me they would abandon all that revenue but lots of how they're handling this doesn't make sense to me.... Honestly with the removal of the language from the website if I had a reservation for the time they were opening and I really wanted to go I would book a fully refundable off-site option.

Airlines only have to refund you if your flight is cancelled by them. Many airlines have given customers the opportunity to cancel for vouchers or make changes for a certain time period but the airlines are under no obligation to do so. Lucky for you Delta has been one of the easiest of the carriers to work with and they are doing vouchers/changes for flights through 9/30 so you're covered.

Ah, thank you for the clarification. If there is a hurricane and I can't get out, that is another issue. Although I did get the insurance for that, it is prime hurricane time in Tampa. Doing Yellowstone (hopefully) before back to Fort Wilderness in Oct. :D

One our 2 tickets has changed dates on it’s own.That one has extended all the way to September 2021 but the other one still says July 23. Will it change also or am I going to have to call ticket services? Ticket services has been down for 2 days and is a an hour wait last time I checked.
Any ideas?
Wait. Disney's official stance is tickets are being extended until 12/15/20 so give time to let this shake out and see if the later expiration dates stick...

It would not surprise me if they don't open any of their hotels, it doesn't make sense to me they would abandon all that revenue but lots of how they're handling this doesn't make sense to me.... Honestly with the removal of the language from the website if I had a reservation for the time they were opening and I really wanted to go I would book a fully refundable off-site option.
I booked a hotel in Disney springs as back up!

Ah, thank you for the clarification. If there is a hurricane and I can't get out, that is another issue. Although I did get the insurance for that, it is prime hurricane time in Tampa. Doing Yellowstone (hopefully) before back to Fort Wilderness in Oct. :D
I just want to mention that according to DOT guidelines, if you flight is changed dramatically (from direct to 1+ stops, departure times changes 2+ hours, etc) you are entitled to a full refund to method of payment. It’s worth looking in to if you are interested in getting a refund.

edit: wrong acronym, for a second time 🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
Maybe with the capacity being drastically reduced for reopening & the DVC resorts already open as of June 22nd, not to mention the number of bookings being cancelled or moved into 2021 - guests in the initial period May be accommodated in the DVC resorts ? As the guest count climbs other resorts would open

CR & CSR have shown unavailable for awhile possibly NBA & MLS related.. GF was showing unavailable since Tuesday as well. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thats how I read it. It would be nice to know where people are going to sleep when they go there. Universal is looking VERY tempting right now. This also proves that Disney wasn't ready to open this early.
I posted yesterday the faq from the HUB and it only lists dvc resorts as reopening for now

Chapek said on CNBC yesterday that they would not open more hotels than they need to initially.

I imagine (this is pure speculation) that, at the very least, both Port Orleans resorts, Coronado Springs, and the All Stars will not open.
Depending on occupancy levels, it would not surprise me to see Pop Century and Yacht Club join them.
That's all the resorts without a DVC attached except for AoA, which with all the suites would be harder to accommodate guests from (although I wouldn't completely rule that out either if they have trouble filling the DVC rooms with points guests).

I am booked at POR.

Here is the quote from CastAStone I was referring to. I thought it was well thought out and I hope he doesn't mind me posting it here but seems relevant to many questions.

I just want to mention that according to FTC guidelines, if you flight is changed dramatically (from direct to 1+ stops, departure times changes 2+ hours, etc) you are entitled to a full refund to method of payment. It’s worth looking in to if you are interested in getting a refund.
You seem to be in the know! I wish I was as calm as you. I’m just Soooooo worried I’ll be cancelled on. And with my job there is no other time I can go this year.

You seem to be in the know! I wish I was as calm as you. I’m just Soooooo worried I’ll be cancelled on. And with my job there is no other time I can go this year.
As Elsa says, Let It Goooo! Once you accept that the control is out of your hands, it becomes easier to handle. If my trip is cancelled, at least I get the money back! And Disney will be there next year :)

I ran a quick search but didn't see this was posted. I was perusing WDW Magic RUMORS and saw this from
WDW Pro:

Small update today, but here's where you can expect to see your favorite Disney friends waving and being picturesque while meet and greets are unavailable at the Magic Kingdom:

1) Main Street Train Station (Mickey and Friends)
2) Cinderella Castle Fantasyland Balcony (Princesses and Princes)
3) Rivers of America (Unsure... and might be on Liberty Belle, but no confirmation)

Seems like Disney will be doing their best to keep things magical even if characters can't be up close.

As Elsa says, Let It Goooo! Once you accept that the control is out of your hands, it becomes easier to handle. If my trip is cancelled, at least I get the money back! And Disney will be there next year :)
This is my first summer of from school in three years as I just graduated from my masters and was supposed to be my honeymoon delayed.. sometimes letting go is easier said than done girl! As a school teacher my schedule is limited. My husband is also a Med student. We have 4
Weeks a year we can go

If you like facts not speculation, TURN BACK NOW! So talking it out, the possible scenarios for July 11th are (I think, I may have missed a possibility):

1) DVC and FW only.
2) DVC and FW only, plus cash side of DVC resorts.
3) DVC, FW, and some combination of other resorts (but not all)
4) Everything operating.

I think 1 could happen, but my gut says not this one, 2 also a possibility but a bit more problematic than 1 (unless reservations were so low they could move people from closed resorts to the cash sides). 3 is where I put my money, but I feel like we’re looking at a longer term closure due to demand and not just a phased opening of the resorts. 4, I don’t think stands much of a chance, personally.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to hearing why I’m wrong lol 😂.

If you like facts not speculation, TURN BACK NOW! So talking it out, the possible scenarios for July 11th are (I think, I may have missed a possibility):

1) DVC and FW only.
4) Everything operating.

I think 1 could happen, but my gut says not this one, 2 also a possibility but a bit more problematic than 1 (unless reservations were so low they could move people from closed resorts to the cash sides). 3 is where I put my money, but I feel like we’re looking at a longer term closure due to demand and not just a phased opening of the resorts. 4, I don’t think stands much of a chance, personally.

I’m taking this as fact and I’m changing all of my plans now based on this.

1) DVC and FW only.
4) Everything operating.

Actually, I completely agree. My gut has 3 being the most likely, then 1, 2, and 4 in order of likelihood.

1) DVC and FW only.
4) Everything operating.

My vote would be for #2 and then moving into 3 and 4 as needed.

So I'm booked at Wilderness Lodge on 7/27. Theoretically, if the DVC side is open, then the regular resort side will be too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter