Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think they’re going to start cancelling some reservations and not others arbitrarily. Now that would be bad PR. I think if it’s cancelled it’s because they are absolutely not opening resorts on that check in date. If they did open resorts with some and not others, I think we would see Disney moving people around not cancelling.

I believe it’s the check in dates though, so there’s nothing to say they aren’t opening in some fashion (parks, resorts, or both) during your former reservation.
I do say my June 10 was cancelled, but I'm just assuming so. I actually still have not received any email about it, and it's still on my MDE. All my ADRs and FPs are gone though so I can only assume my email just never came (even though I received emails for my previous 2 cancellations during the closure)

It certainly would not be convenient. But, certainly hope they are not waiting for guests to be able to cram back into buses to reopen. Because if that’s the case, we’re going to be waiting a while....:faint:

Sorry to bring up the "m" word, but JMHO - opening up with NO Disney transportation at all might actually trump the issue of wearing masks - busses are a huge perk - again, JMHO

So then ppl that can't wear masks OR drive have to stay away - good way to keep capacity low. :))
I actually think they *will* have transportation, with distancing, masks, etc. But, I was responding to the comment that the transportation issue is a significant hurdle to reopening the resorts. They are not going to keep resorts closed because of transportation. In that case, they will either provide limited seating with distancing or not provide transportation. But, they won’t keep things closed just because of transport. Because they will just be waiting for a loooong time.

The quarantine orders for NY/NJ/CT residents are in effect until some time in July (the 6th or 7th or 8th, I forget which one). I live in CT and, if I had rented points for June, I would reach out to the owner. I wouldn’t be willing to go there and stay in the room for the entire trip because of the quarantine order.

Are those dates set in stone , as far as you know? I would think perhaps they would change the date, unless they are expecting mostly locals, which is very possible

I actually think they *will* have transportation, with distancing, masks, etc. But, I was responding to the comment that the transportation issue is a significant hurdle to reopening the resorts. They are not going to keep resorts closed because of transportation. In that case, they will either provide limited seating with distancing or not provide transportation. But, they won’t keep things closed just because of transport. Because they will just be waiting for a loooong time.

I see an extended resort closure past park openings kind of like a soft-ish opening without having to take a hardline stance as to who can and cannot come (like the often speculated Florida residents only).

You’re right, avoiding opening them because of transportation would mean they would need to be closed for a long long time.

I see an extended resort closure past park openings kind of like a soft-ish opening without having to take a hardline stance as to who can and cannot come (like the often speculated Florida residents only).

You’re right, avoiding opening them because of transportation would mean they would need to be closed for a long long time.

I’d consider staying in a MUCH cheaper hotel room and just renting a car for our trip if I thought it’d be fun. There are a ton of very nice hotels in Orlando for much less than Disney owned hotels. Heck, I could get a VRBO high end house right now for an amazing deal.

I’d consider staying in a MUCH cheaper hotel room and just renting a car for our trip if I thought it’d be fun. There are a ton of very nice hotels in Orlando for much less than Disney owned hotels. Heck, I could get a VRBO high end house right now for an amazing deal.

Some people would probably do that, but some would probably also postpone until they got their full onsite experience and can’t get to Orlando cheap/easy enough to go twice.

Who knows. I think there’s pros and cons to almost all of the scenarios we’ve speculated and I could see reason for any one of them happening or not.

True. And what, if anything, has been said about reopening hotels outside the Disney bubble? Like the Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Hilton Bonnet Creek. Any news on those?

Are those dates set in stone , as far as you know? I would think perhaps they would change the date, unless they are expecting mostly locals, which is very possible

The date can be changed whenever DeSantis wants to. He could, and might lift the restrictions once he officially OKs Universals proposal

Some people would probably do that, but some would probably also postpone until they got their full onsite experience and can’t get to Orlando cheap/easy enough to go twice.

Who knows. I think there’s pros and cons to almost all of the scenarios we’ve speculated and I could see reason for any one of them happening or not.

We have AP’s that we already paid for, so that drastically cuts down on our costs too which is somewhat unique.

The date can be changed whenever DeSantis wants to. He could, and might lift the restrictions once he officially OKs Universals proposal

Thanks ! Maybe because it's late, but totally forgot that Universal is opening sooner !

MK still baffles me as to how they’re going to get large amounts of people moved into and out of the park at a time. Say there’s no resorts, so no buses, everyone needs to park at T&TC. Everyone then needs to take either ferry or monorail to park entrance. They’re going to want to impose social distancing on those forms of transportation. So the lines to go to the park and back to the parking lot are going to be miles long. Less people can board than normal, and the lines have to keep families 6 feet apart. Then throw in the never ending construction at T&TC. Going to be a nightmare

MK still baffles me as to how they’re going to get large amounts of people moved into and out of the park at a time. Say there’s no resorts, so no buses, everyone needs to park at T&TC. Everyone then needs to take either ferry or monorail to park entrance. They’re going to want to impose social distancing on those forms of transportation. So the lines to go to the park and back to the parking lot are going to be miles long. Less people can board than normal, and the lines have to keep families 6 feet apart. Then throw in the never ending construction at T&TC. Going to be a nightmare

The ferry isn’t typically shoulder to shoulder. Maybe I’m just leaving or going at a perfect time. They let a lot of people on, but I can get 10 feet away from the next person very easily. That’s with buses and monorails open, but that’s also at higher capacity. I, assuming as capacity grows, transportation options will too. That’s it transportation options are even limited to begin with

I'm not sure why everyone is jumping on the "no transportation" bandwagon. People seem to forget that public transportation has never shut down in the US throughout the pandemic. If they are running resorts and parks at 50% capacity, but running transportation as if the parks/resorts were at 100%, then social distancing is totally doable. It does seem like Disney will be a week or 2 behind Universal, with the resorts slowly reopening either shortly before or after the parks do (leaning to after).

I'm not sure why everyone is jumping on the "no transportation" bandwagon. People seem to forget that public transportation has never shut down in the US throughout the pandemic. If they are running resorts and parks at 50% capacity, but running transportation as if the parks/resorts were at 100%, then social distancing is totally doable. It does seem like Disney will be a week or 2 behind Universal, with the resorts slowly reopening either shortly before or after the parks do (leaning to after).

Even with the parks at 20-30% capacity and the public transportation running at 50%, it would all even out

I do say my June 10 was cancelled, but I'm just assuming so. I actually still have not received any email about it, and it's still on my MDE. All my ADRs and FPs are gone though so I can only assume my email just never came (even though I received emails for my previous 2 cancellations during the closure)
Are all of your ADRs and FPs gone? Or just for the days that the schedule was wiped (through the 13)? I have a split stay with a June 13 arrival and I got the cancellation email, but this reservation was only through the 15th. The second part of my stay is the 15th-29th. My fastpasses and ADRs for the 13th were wiped, but everything from the 14th onward is still there.

IME transportation is only jam packed if you’re using it at peak times, even during normal Disney crowds. I don’t think it’s any harder to deal with than attractions in terms of distancing and cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter