Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what makes me insane. They’re advertising something all us little people cannot do.

Oh don’t even start me on the last round of “creators” they brought in who gushed all over social media about their amazing experience in Disney when your average person could not accomplish the same kind of day without dropping cash on a VIP tour (which was not mentioned of course).

But at the same time I find it so interesting to see how IG in particular has tuned into a heavy stream of advertising masquerading as genuine experiences.

Yeah, that’s also true. But also wouldn’t be the first time they provided an unavailable (or very out of reach) experience to influencers along the same lines of their unrealistic classic ads.

You’re absolutely right, but this offering, one that was available to us 6.5 months ago, and something AP holders still technically pay for just seems weird to be flaunted in our faces that we can’t use, but they can. If this was a special extra paid offering, I wouldn’t bat an eye.

You’re absolutely right, but this offering, one that was available to us 6.5 months ago, and something AP holders still technically pay for just seems weird to be flaunted in our faces that we can’t use, but they can. If this was a special extra paid offering, I wouldn’t bat an eye.

We’ll find out soon enough lol!

I just would not get hopes up. Could be as simple as a hosted event at DHS, went to AK after on his own ticket.

We’ll find out soon enough lol!

I just would not get hopes up. Could be as simple as a hosted event at DHS, went to AK after on his own ticket.

We’re mere moments away from Rteetz coming in here with a completely logical explanation of why they were allowed to park hop and we can go back to reminiscing about when we used to be able to do it “back in the day”

My guess (nothing to back this up) is Disney hosted select vloggers on VIP tours - to promote the only way to park hop right now. We’ll find out when their full vlogs get posted!

My guess (nothing to back this up) is Disney hosted vloggers on VIP tours - to promote the only way to park hop right now. We’ll find out when their full vlogs get posted!

But offering park hopping through VIP tours when you have AP holders still paying monthly for what is offered as a perk for these APs and not given to them, I see this going very, very poorly for them optics wise. It’s been very silent on complaints of not being able to park hop compared to what it could be, if this is really what the case is, I see a lot of complaints rolling in. The fine print states that these offerings could be taken away at any moment, but if hopping is available, but now it’s an up charge before APs signed another agreement that hopping was no longer available, they’re going to have big issues PR wise, imo

My official guess I’m submitting 😂:

Simple and fairly unexciting, some meh promotion (possibly shop Disney given the emphasis in the IG post) bringing them to DHS for the day and then on their own for AK. Little to do with park touring changes. To be fair I don’t know who the other influencers are who posted so maybe they’ve got better hints.

My official guess I’m submitting 😂:

Simple and fairly unexciting, some meh promotion (possibly shop Disney given the emphasis in the IG post) bringing them to DHS for the day and then on their own for AK. Little to do with park touring changes. To be fair I don’t know who the other influencers are who posted so maybe they’ve got better hints.

Park Hopping passes to be available for purchase every morning on ShopDisney, confirmed

*with qualifying merchandise purchase of $125 or more

Understand 100%! I will never travel with anyone other than my husband and daughter and I’m usually ready to go into hiding after a week in a hotel with them. :)
As someone who has done two large extended family trips at wdw, when no one is on the same page or the group leaves planning up to one person it is NOT FUN, all stress. Especially now.

The marketing genius of influencers. Now a ton of people are going to watch and subscribe to his channel to watch the video explaining the very boring reason that has no barring on something that’s going to be available to us peasants
But aren’t we told over and over to await official word from Disney? If park hopping is coming back perhaps let the people who already paid for it - APs & tickets allowing PH - know instead of leaking it out via “influencers.” Not okay and not how Disney has worked. Heading to insta to unfollow.

Edit: totally get how influencers work. There’s 10000000 million Disney related vloggers and bloggers and streamers and influencers but this seems a little charged for a soft social media leak.

But aren’t we told over and over to await official word from Disney? If park hopping is coming back perhaps let the people who already paid for it - APs & tickets allowing PH - know instead of leaking it out via “influencers.” Not okay and not how Disney has worked. Heading to insta to unfollow.

I really doubt that’s what’s going on, because you’re right it absolutely is not how Disney rolls with COVID related changes.

Thats why my guess is it being nothing important.

And what you said answers our questions perfectly. Park Hopping and FP isnt coming back and theres a logical explanation to what was done today. As @DGsAtBLT said, it was probably a ShopDisney related thing at DHS and he had his own reservation at AK, so it wasn’t technically park hopping. There was an event as one park, and he had a reservation at another. If park hopping were actually coming back, even through VIP, it would have been reported by someone at this point, like BlogMickey.

We saw some “hopping” at the beginning too for a day, didn’t we? I think it was a combo of influencers going to CM previews and one of the open parks on the same day. Anyone else remember that?

We saw some “hopping” at the beginning too for a day, didn’t we? I think it was a combo of influencers going to CM previews and one of the open parks on the same day. Anyone else remember that?

Carlye Wisel had a preview/event at EPCOT and then went to MK at night. And then when Rise was struck by lightening and down for the day, DHS guests were able to park hop to EPCOT.

Carlye Wisel had a preview/event at EPCOT and then went to MK at night. And then when Rise was struck by lightening and down for the day, DHS guests were able to park hop to EPCOT.

Carlye is who I was thinking of! Thanks. Her and the stir she caused across the online Disney fan community in those couple weeks 😂

And the Trackers (at least Tim) would have been invited, and usually he does IG story’s if hes doing something big at Disney, and probably someone from the DIS crew would have been there if they were practicing something related to PH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter