Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I rode Figment as it's sits solidly at rock bottom of rides/attractions I need to do at EPCOT. Frankly the best part of Figment are the interactive activities after the ride, which I'm sure are not available at the moment.

My statement wasn't meant to debate the merits of Figment. Not everything has to be proven/disproven. :rotfl:

It's absurd, intangible, a memory, a moment, a smell, a sound, a feeling... it's the ride Micky and I love to laugh on when we get to WDW. And right now, we miss it. :)

I'm just here to complain that I signed onto MDE 15 min past 6amEST to make my Thanksgiving ADR....and the one place I wanted (Whispering Canyon) was already booked up fully.

Backup reservations made at Olivia's and Homecomin....I'm going to continue checking for Whispering Canyon...but

we shall see. I'm sure I'll see some cancelations if people decide to change their plans etc -

or maybe they'll announce some special thanksgiving menu's or other restaurants opening and things will shift - who knows.

Our Thanksgiving trip ADR day was Tuesday. Granted it's for a party of 6, but we had more difficulty finding ADRs than normal (we go to WDW a few times a year). We were on right when the ADR window opened, had to come up with some quick 2nd choices/plan Bs, and then the system crashed. Never been to Narcoosee's before, but that's what we have booked for Thanksgiving (we'd tried for Liberty Tree, then Cali Grill).

I'm mentally preparing myself for crowds and long ride waits. (DH and I are going for a few days in early Nov, too, so hopefully we'll be able to get some idea of increased crowd levels since July/Aug before we head back with the kids.) Like I mentioned on a previous post, we're staying at FW for the first time, and I'm hoping people still decorate their camp sites (are there normally decorations out by Thanksgiving?). It would definitely help us to find something to do in the evenings, and distract from the parks if they're too crowded.

it would be a mind numbingly short sighted and breathtakingly absurd business decision to use the resort attendance numbers from 2020, during an unprecedented global pandemic which has cut off travel to dozens of countries not to mention individual states, and furloughed hundreds of regular and part time employees, to support a shift to seasonal resort operations going forward.

Absurd, and yet, this is how school budgets for 2021-2022 are apparently going to be decided where I am. 🙃 I once again am advocating for Disney to take over and run things up here, spare a Bob for us?

I am going next week with my daugther for her birthday. (It is a surprise trip! She is going to lose it!!) Anyway, we are VERY cautious with COVID and while we have eaten outside a good bit, we have only eaten inside a few times, and only when we have double checked precautions. (masking, good distancing). I have made ADR's for the trip, but was wondering how receptive they are to requests for a different table (more distanced) or if we don't feel good about the set up and want to leave, will we be charged? Based on everything I have read, it should be fine, but wanted to double check. Also, are they ok with me spraying down the table etc before we sit? (I have lysol)
I posted on another thread about our experience at the Boathouse. It was very crowded, but they had no problem whatsoever seating us outside on the patio. We also sat outside at Jock Lindsey's (inside was not crowded though) and Nomad Lounge.
The other restaurants we went to in July/Aug (Skippers Canteen, Morimoto, Sci Fi, Hollywood Brown Derby, Le Cellier) all had signs on every other table saying not to use them for social distancing. At every one, someone came out and sprayed and wiped down the table before we sat down. There is also hand san everywhere, but I also keep some in my purse that I pulled out and used before and during meals. They also all brought out cards with QR codes to scan and look at menus online instead of bringing out regular menus.

My understanding is these are going out to 11/6-12/31 reservations made prior to 6/5 that haven’t already been modified.
We check in to GDT Nov 5 and got an "are you still coming?" email. We did not get one for our Thanksgiving (11/21-11/28) stay in a cabin. Nor did we get one for our July/Aug stay at CBR.

Okay dumb question.

The three monorails from the TTC are running correct? Or is Epcot one closed?

So when the Poly one closes is it assumed the resort one will just drive through the Poly but not stop?

TIA

Okay dumb question.

The three monorails are running correct? Or is Epcot closed?

So when the Poly one closes is it assumed the resort one will just drive through the Poly but not stop?

TIA
Epcot line is closed.

Yes, when the Poly station is closed it’s expected it will just go through the station but not stop.

My statement wasn't meant to debate the merits of Figment. Not everything has to be proven/disproven. :rotfl:

It's absurd, intangible, a memory, a moment, a smell, a sound, a feeling... it's the ride Micky and I love to laugh on when we get to WDW. And right now, we miss it. :)

Ack - It was not my intention to disparage anyone's tradition. I actually had a sentence before what I wrote and took it out now that I see what's left I feel bad.

My new tradition is, if by happenstance we schedule a trip to WDW on the same starting date as you folks- to have you ride Figment for me.

Last edited:
Epcot line is closed.

Yes, when the Poly station is closed it’s expected it will just go through the station but not stop.
This may or not be off topic, but I have to relay an experience from this weekend. We got to MK around 11:30 am, and there was a family that went thru security just before us. They get thru, look at the sign indicating that the monorail is not running to Epcot and say, "How are we supposed to get to Epcot then?".....this is after they drove to MK, went thru the parking turnstiles, parked, and walked all the way thru security at the TTC. I lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter