Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
All players were from FC Dallas, and based on their timing most likely picked it up before arriving in the Swolphin Zone.
According to the article on ESPN, only 2 tested positive upon arrival at Disney, the other 4 tested positive a few days later, so may have been infected by the first 2. There’s also some rumblings that Dallas could be asked to leave the tournament altogether

According to the article on ESPN, only 2 tested positive upon arrival at Disney, the other 4 tested positive a few days later, so may have been infected by the first 2. There’s also some rumblings that Dallas could be asked to leave the tournament altogether
Being that they traveled, also very likely they were asymptomatic.

The ONLY thing that I hesitate about going is if I do get sick down there it would ruin my vacation and I would be out all the money. If I was more local, I'd be there for sure.

That sounds great! I'm particularly interested in learning about mask enforcement and security / bag check. I always go bagless, but now with the need to bring extra masks and sanitizer, I may have to bring a small bag, but don't want anyone touching it and don't want to stand in a line.
Does anyone have any idea on how the security points will be handled going forward?

Right. Universal and other smaller parks in Orlando have been open at least a month now.

We have heard NOTHING about an outbreak from any of the parks. ANd trust me, if there was one, we would of heard about it somewhere.

I agree. I do think Disney is a little different as I think many more people will be flying in from out of state vs. who has been visiting Universal. That may impact the situation there.

While there hasn’t been a reported outbreak yet, there definitely could be one at some point. I don’t think there are going to be 0 cases of transmission over the next few months. If there are 0 cases of transmission, that would be great. I don’t think that’ll be the case, but it would be great.

Not sure why someone would think it would
“fun to watch” cases rise ... I am concerned about the parks reopening, but I certainly would not be celebrating if there is an outbreak.

Last edited:
We have a couple in this thread who seem to also want bad news to prove they are right in not going. Pretty sure they have “told you so“ embroidered on their throw pillow....

Sad, but unfortunately true. There are people that are genuine in their concerns, and then there are others than don’t want people to be able to enjoy Disney when they cant. They’re opening. Its no one’s business why people choose, or choose not to go to Disney.

Recklessness will be taken care of by Disney CMs. Some will get away with it due to CMs not following individual guests around wherever they go

But for the most part I’m seeing future guests that are like myself, safety to ourselves and other guests and CMs is priority #1.

I believe it’s just NYC though. The other counties that are in phase 3 (which is the entire state aside from NYC) are already allowed to do indoor dining. I’m on Long Island and it’s still available here.

Yes, its literally only for NYC. As if people won't travel to Long Island or any other part of NY to go indoor dining. Sadly, its going to devastate the restaurants and many people are now losing their job for good because of it. Weeks of yes everything will open together etc etc. Last week, oh yes we look good for opening indoor dining, to nope now all of a sudden we are going to change it specifically for just NYC.

He said its because " People aren't complying in NYC for outdoors " And " because the spread is high in other parts of the country "

Well comparing an outdoor bar scene, to a restaurant being 50 percent open with people 6' apart is a big difference. Just stop giving out alcohol from the places and just let them eat. I bet that completely stops the parties infront of places. Didn't even let restaurant's open for 2 weeks and see if any spikes happen, and throws the wrench at them a few days before opening, when places bought more food and already rehired some staff. Sad. Feel bad for NYC

In the end though, it's not really Disney related anyway, but I don't think Disney would change anything based off what NYC is doing.

Difficult to prove, as you can be infectious for up to 14 days. Could be just as likely to have been picked up en-route, and the initial testing missed it (it takes 24-48 hours for tests to pick up an infection, so a lot of tests that come back negative may be done a bit too early). We are asking offshore workers here in the UK to isolate for 24-48 hours before taking the tests. Even then, there is a 7% false negative rate.

If teams trying to play in a bubble can't even make it work, things like college football in the fall is going to be a problem.

Right. Universal and other smaller parks in Orlando have been open at least a month now.

We have heard NOTHING about an outbreak from any of the parks. ANd trust me, if there was one, we would of heard about it somewhere.
I'm not sure you would. It is very difficult to prove conclusively where somebody has contracted a virus from, if you are talking about guests. I suspect some transmission will be taking place everywhere (even Universal), but it will get lost in all the other data and cases.

Outbreaks within the staff, however, will be easier to spot - but no signs yet of anything adverse happening there which is good news.

I’m not a lawyer, and I dont pretend to be one on the internet, but if the media were to single out Disney for COVID cases when it can’t be proven, that could be terms for lawful action, would it not?

I’m not a lawyer, and I dont pretend to be one on the internet, but if the media were to single out Disney for COVID cases when it can’t be proven, that could be terms for lawful action, would it not?

It doesn't have to be 100% proveable. As long as their is good reason to believe it is true and the media doesn't know it is false then there is no real cause for action.

I'm not sure you would. It is very difficult to prove conclusively where somebody has contracted a virus from, if you are talking about guests. I suspect some transmission will be taking place everywhere (even Universal), but it will get lost in all the other data and cases.

Outbreaks within the staff, however, will be easier to spot - but no signs yet of anything adverse happening there which is good news.

Prove 100% no but if we had good contact tracing like other countries do then we could determine it with reasonable certainty. Unfortunately, we don't which is one reason we are in the mess we are.

Sadly I do not think there will be fall college sports.

I'm coming around to that. Used to think it would happen and only question is fans or no fans. However watching all these cases of college players, NBA, and MLS I'm having my doubts about it even though I have some friends who are like "go on and play ball. no problem if the 18-22 year olds in great health get it. They have almost 0% chance of complications. Let's play ball"

There is an extremely high burden of proof in libel cases. I'm not sure it would be realistic for them to pursue.

** For entertainment purposes only. Do not take legal advice from an online Disney chat forum **

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter