Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but there are really easy ways to get around that - just claim "religious or philosophic exemption" and the requirement is waived
Not anymore in some places in the US... and not for private schools or colleges. But I don’t want to get too off topic!

They are completely unreliable, so won't be much use.

I got some statistics through my work this week (don't really want to say who I work for, but I get a lot of info that the general public doesn't) about the reliability of testing.

The swabs that are taken from in the mouth are only 32% reliable. The ones taken in the nose are better - just over 60%. But that is massive un-reliability, and could explain why we aren't doing more testing here in the UK - the results just aren't reliable.

And every single one of the antibody tests that have been tested have proven to be completely unreliable.

So I don't think we can rely on testing to prove that somebody is safe at the moment.
Also, antibody testing being developed does not mean testing is available for everyone who needs it (or wants it). It’ll take weeks or, more likely, months to ramp the scaling up to what will be required.

Also, antibody testing being developed does not mean testing is available for everyone who needs it (or wants it). It’ll take weeks or, more likely, months to ramp the scaling up to what will be required.

I'm more interested in seeing (more) rapid-covid tests developed and being made available to all who want.

At least for me, that's more helpful than knowing if I have antibodies that may or may not mean something in the long run. If people can find out quickly if they have covid, the quicker they can isolate themselves, and the less chance of spread. :)

Sorry for anyone who liked before I edited this! :rotfl:

I'm more interested in seeing (more) rapid-covid tests developed and being made available to all who want.

At least for me, that's more helpful than knowing if I have antibodies that may or may not mean something in the long run. If people can find out quickly if they have covid, the quicker they can isolate themselves, and the less chance of spread. :)

I dont see the point in testing like that.

If you have any symptoms then isolate immediately. There is no need for a test to tell you to isolate.

Agreed!

I don't necessarily think that is bad news. Shows Disney is worst case expecting September. I don't think anyone right now is thinking these parks could open tomorrow no problem either. They are going to need days if not weeks to prep the parks for the reopening.
Perhaps not bad news, but kinda a dose of realism.

If parks are opening in phases then they surely wont want all resorts open initially either.

Interesting about lack of maintenance and rides being drained of fluids. Turn around from that sounds potentially into several weeks.

If parks are opening in phases then they surely wont want all resorts open initially either.

Interesting about lack of maintenance and rides being drained of fluids. Turn around from that sounds potentially into several weeks.

Okay, is it bad that one thought that crossed my mind is the huge amount of bird poo that is going to need to be cleaned? 🤣

I take from that is park hopping probably won't be happening for awhile since they don't plan on reopening all the parks at once. From the sounds of it Disney won't be back to normal for awhile. I'm thinking those modified experiences are going to be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter