Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is literally nothing stopping this immediately growing if we get lax on the restrictions. This is only working because of the stay at home orders and social distancing.

Until there’s widespread antibody testing, a real treatment, and/or a vaccine, Disney will remain closed.

And just imagine how widespread the testing is going to be. You’re talking hundreds of millions of tests.

I can GUARANTEE you Disney WILL NOT remained closed until there is a vaccine. That is a fictional scenario. That is just straight out not going to happen. That you can 100% take to the bank.

I can GUARANTEE you Disney WILL NOT remained closed until there is a vaccine. That is a fictional scenario. That is just straight out not going to happen. That you can 100% take to the bank.

I agree with you. :) And even if there is a vaccine, you can't force everyone to get it. Just like with the flu.

I'm sure Disney will open with restrictions for a while. I'll go as far to say they will have restrictions in place until the next flu/cold/covid season and see how it plays out. But by 2021 things will be back to normal, more or less, vaccine or no vaccine.

Same thing happened to me in early March. They also told me I had a cold and sinus infection. I also had a horrible dry cough which exhausted me and one night I woke up completely soaked in sweat so I know I had to have had a fever during the night. It wasn't until a week or two later that I found out a dry cough is a big symptom of Covid. It took me about 3 weeks to feel normal again. No one else in my family caught it but some of my coworkers had a weird cough but none of us were tested because it was "just a cold."

Yes, our symptoms were primarily fever, dry cough, exhaustion, headache. I did have some post nasal drainage, and slight sinus pain, which is why I got the diagnosis of sinus infection. They then assumed DD just had the same thing as me. I would love to take the antibody test to know.

Again, wait and see.....

But why? What would be the reasoning? If you wanted to hop to another park and it was at their set capacity, then you can't get in. But if later on in the day people leave said park, thus lowering the capacity, then why would they stop you from hopping on over to it?

I don't understand why people think they'd get rid of hopping.

There is literally nothing stopping this immediately growing if we get lax on the restrictions. This is only working because of the stay at home orders and social distancing.

Until there’s widespread antibody testing, a real treatment, and/or a vaccine, Disney will remain closed.

And just imagine how widespread the testing is going to be. You’re talking hundreds of millions of tests.
Correction - disney should remain closed.

Disney wont want to remain closed though, and I doubt anyone in Florida or wider government will have the guts to force them to remain closed.

Last edited:
Y
I agree with you. :) And even if there is a vaccine, you can't force everyone to get it. Just like with the flu.

I'm sure Disney will open with restrictions for a while. I'll go as far to say they will have restrictions in place until the next flu/cold/covid season and see how it plays out. But by 2021 things will be back to normal, more or less, vaccine or no vaccine.
You are 100% correct that I can’t force people to get the vaccine.

But, technically, Disney can require you to be vaccinated to enter their hotels or parks as a private business. (They definitely won’t do this, but they technically can).

But why? What would be the reasoning? If you wanted to hop to another park and it was at their set capacity, then you can't get in. But if later on in the day people leave said park, thus lowering the capacity, then why would they stop you from hopping on over to it?

If I had to guess, they are going to really need to take advantage of the MDE app. The app will be able to tell people which parks are at capacity, which areas are closed, which rides are VQ etc.....

Thats how I would do it.

Because with park hopping they don't know the attendance numbers within a park until it's too late. Also, people aren't going to be okay with planning their whole day and booking FP+ months ahead based on park hopping, only to get to the gate and be told, "Sorry, we've reached our max for the day. Go somewhere else." Then going somewhere else and being told the same thing.

If you keep it to one park per day, Disney is going to have a lot more control over the numbers ahead of time, just based on FP+ bookings, hotel occupancy etc... And of course, less potential upset to customers.

I'm not sure it's ever been used, but isnt banning hopping one of the phases of closure for busy days of the year?

I assume the logic is that if your already in a park then you should stay there and allow others to use the occupancy numbers of whichever park you were wanting to go to.

Basically if they limit capacity you need to consider every day to potentially have the new years eve closure policies triggered - but for much lower guest numbers.

Y

You are 100% correct that I can’t force people to get the vaccine.

But, technically, Disney can require you to be vaccinated to enter their hotels or parks as a private business. (They definitely won’t do this, but they technically can).

Yep there is more and more talk of immunity certificates for those who have antibodies. If people have been issued with them then its viable for Disney etc to begin requiring them - or proof of vaccination.

Yep there is more and more talk of immunity certificates for those who have antibodies. If people have been issued with them then its viable for Disney etc to begin requiring them - or proof of vaccination.

That's a slippery slope. If they are going to require proof of vaccination or even immunity certificates, they will have to do that with influenza, whooping cough, measles, etc.

And it will continue to fall as real data comes in, as it appears the new cases in Florida have already peaked back on 4/3. Good news all around for Disney opening sooner.
While the models will continue to be revised downward as real data is reflected in the modeling, don't get too excited just yet about Florida and WDW reopening sooner.

The "new" cases are not a good indication in Florida as the testing rates have not really increased here & have actually decreased this week. The best indicator is that the ratio of positive vs negative results has and is still hovering around only being 10% positive.

Dave

I'm not sure it's ever been used, but isnt banning hopping one of the phases of closure for busy days of the year?

I assume the logic is that if your already in a park then you should stay there and allow others to use the occupancy numbers of whichever park you were wanting to go to.

Basically if they limit capacity you need to consider every day to potentially have the new years eve closure policies triggered - but for much lower guest numbers.

Well, I hope they don't do that. Hoppers are such a great thing. And it's a money-maker for them!

Perhaps they can institute a no hopping until evening policy, when a lot of families with small children have left for the day. Or something.
I'll send them my suggestions. ;)

That's a slippery slope. If they are going to require proof of vaccination or even immunity certificates, they will have to do that with influenza, whooping cough, measles, etc.
Have to? The potential is there of course. Slightly different severity of the virus though but let's not get back into that on this thread.

And this is the slippery slope I'm not okay with. Regardless of my personal thoughts on vaccination etc... I will NEVER be okay with government placing mandates on people's choices for their body. I'm also not okay with the level of tracking that this could end up being.

While the models will continue to be revised downward as real data is reflected in the modeling, don't get too excited just yet about Florida and WDW reopening sooner.

The "new" cases are not a good indication in Florida as the testing rates have not really increased here & have actually decreased this week. The best indicator is that the ratio of positive vs negative results has and is still hovering around only being 10% positive.

Dave
Makes you wonder if they are testing all the dead as well or not? In which case the reported deaths number is irrelevant as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter