Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the world is just totally different than it was pre-Covid, and I don't think it is realistic to get the exact same experience/product/service now as before

I don think companies should try to position things as providing what they can and maybe overcompensate in some areas where they can to make up for areas where they can't - but it is going to be different for a while (possible quote different, possibly for a long while) expecting to get anything as it was pre-covid is just not going to happen
I get that. But the pp was talking about AP holder & DVC owners being entitled (pre Covid). Nothing excuses being rude to CMs, but I also don’t think it’s “entitled” to expect quality when you pay ten of thousands of dollars.

I made the kids mask up, do two laps around the house, then stand on our back deck in the sun for 5 minutes (I did it too). The mask I had on was way too thick (homemade), my son's had the same material and he was uncomfortable but not rip it off bad (yet), and my daughter seemed fine (she had a different material). It's supposed to be in the upper 80s here again today so test #2 may happen before the storms hit.
I took my two kids (older) out for lunch yesterday. We wore our masks and sat outside in the heat and then walked around with them. Both kids said they would endure them for Disney. Phew. I would have hated to leave them home alone while my husband and I went to Disney without them. :rotfl2:

Thanks again for your help. I do have one last question...We are staying at a DVC that our friend is letting us use. I am not a DVC member. Whenever I call Disney for anything, I always get transferred to the DVC customer support and I really don't want to bother my friend with this. We are super appreciative of them letting us use their DVC and do not want to ask them to wait on hold or constantly call on our behalf. Is this the only way to reach out, even though I bought and linked the tickets myself? The second I enter the confirmation number in the automated system it sends me to DVC, and I obviously do not have any authority to make changes/ask detailed questions.
Yeah. The tickets and the dvc ressie aren't linked so just speaking to a cm in regular reservations who can send you to the right person is your best bet. Id say its likely an avenger question. Just keep in mind right now they can't do a lot

Their system is the most complex in the travel industry and even among other industries. It isn't an overnight thing

Truth. We all complain about MDE glitches, but no other vacation destination has such a detailed site to plan your trip, learn about your trip, gather photos from your trip. I think people have really unrealistic expectations.

Yeah. The tickets and the dvc ressie aren't linked so just speaking to a cm in regular reservations who can send you to the right person is your best bet. Id say its likely an avenger question. Just keep in mind right now they can't do a lot
Awesome. We are definitely going to be patient and wait to hear more before calling. Have a great day!

but how are guests going to receive Ohana with all the changes needed? it would be a very big change. I can see Disney uses the space for extra seating for Kona but not calling it Ohana
The same way they will need to receive all the changes they are going to come across in the resorts and parks over the next 6-8 months. They will need to manage their expectations as things are going to be different and there is not much that can be done to change that given the situation at hand. At a certain point people will need to accept the fact that the Disney World experience will be different going forward for some time. If people go and expect the same experience they had pre-COVID they are going to be very disappointed.

BlogMickey is a bit late on picking these stories up... @yulilin3 head's upped us days ago on that snippet from the call.

And it's a bit of take with a grain of salt no? Union doesn't exactly like the cheap CP labor right? ...Maybe we see a version of CP brought back that does not include housing for now?
all the Union said was that no CP would return until all FT and PT were back at work. So as long as that's accomplished the CP will return.

I agreed with everything you said until you made up your own stereotypes.. DVC owners may or may not be entitled. It is the same with AP. It is the same with anyone who paid for their vacation and feels "entitled" to... Their vacation.

I am super flexible, and can't wait to see Disney in whatever state it is in (if I can't get into the parks I will be upset, I will say that). I am DVC and AP. Stop your "displaced anger" as well, please.

I also agreed with all except the assumptions about "most DVC" or "some AP" etc... I would like to see those statistics showing "most" or "some" by percentage...lol. Apparently even voices of reason are subject to exasperated statements....

They are giving money back on PAID dining plans. I think 35%. Not free ones. And hoppers will likely be refunded an amount as well when all is sorted.

This isn’t correct. People who booked with a free dining promo are the ones being given a 35% discount. If you paid full price for your dining plan, you are refunded your money. The point is, you booked with a promo, so you are given a room discount to compensate for the lost free dining promo.

I think the problem is people don't know what they are paying for? And as someone else said....for all the people who are cancelling...how does Disney get them to come back? Sounds like too many permanent changes and maybe ones that people are not going to like. I still haven't decided whether I am going to keep my trip planned for 11/29...but if I cancel...I probably will not be back for years...it will be way too crowded next year and let's be honest.....Disney is a very expensive vacation to have so many things taken away or changed for the worse.
Especially for what it is. I think in the near future companies will be competing for vacation dollars as the economy tries to recover. Disney will have step its game up back to what it used to be.

BlogMickey is a bit late on picking these stories up... @yulilin3 head's upped us days ago on that snippet from the call.

And it's a bit of take with a grain of salt no? Union doesn't exactly like the cheap CP labor right? ...Maybe we see a version of CP brought back that does not include housing for now?
I don’t see how they couldn’t have housing.

@Remy is Up Will ADRs be 60 days and Park reservations be 30 days? Am I understanding that correctly? And, will both of those things be on a rolling basis or will they be length of stay? Thank you!

ETA: I mean in the future, not when they first open. With so much information floating around, I am just trying to get my head wrapped around things. It does seem to me that would be backwards (as someone pointed out to me), so maybe I read that wrong somewhere. Thanks for any input (anyone).

Last edited:
I don't mean this in any negative way to you, because deciding whether to come back is absolutely a personal decision that has no right or wrong attached to it, but I see a lot of people on these boards suggest that Disney will be crippled by longtime guests deciding not to come back, but the reality is there are first time guests all the time, and some of those will become longtime guests in their place. Disney doesn't have to do anything to bring anybody back, there's almost always going to be piles of folks in line ready to take that place.
Not with a 20% unemployment rate.

"Soon" is also a very subjective term. Does that mean a few months? A year? Multiple years? I agree that the union doesn't like the CP. I kind of hope that this situation will cause Disney World to rely more on full time staff and less on the CP long term, but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter