Cruise 10/11/2003 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks,
we're under 200 days til we're back at WDW :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Mike,
that is A FISH!!!!!!!!:earseek: You must show it again, when Stacey has done the paintshop.

To Cathy and the other logo/shirt-designers:

Here's a link taken from another thread of a DISer who also used DIS for his shirts: CLICK HERE

Just got done washing the van! It is a beautiful day here, high 60's! I should rake the lawn but it is still to wet.

Hope everyone is having wonderful weather!

Dan

Hi Dan,

good to see you - Please say Hi to Scott, too :wave:

:wave:

Quick question ....re Birkenstocks....Do you perhaps have some styles that we do not get stateside???Since Kims surgery :( Birks are the only thing she can wear other than her Tennies....Need to find "Dress-Up" pair...:p

Bette

Originally posted by bettemom
:wave:

Quick question ....re Birkenstocks....Do you perhaps have some styles that we do not get stateside???Since Kims surgery :( Birks are the only thing she can wear other than her Tennies....Need to find "Dress-Up" pair...:p

Bette

Bette,
I may be possible that Birkenstock has different styles over here, or even a bigger variety. I can check it out if you want and bring some for you. But you have to be aware that the €-$-exchange rate is not exactly favourable for you for the time being.
Birkenstocks or similar shoes are the preferred styles for nurses in Germany, but to be honest, Anja -and many of her colleagues- refuse to wear Original Birkenstocks, because the owner of the company is an a** treating his employees like s***:mad:
He often has very bad publicity, because he doesn't pay his staff properly, but his shoes are among the most expensive in this market.

Bette,
here's the link to German Birkenstock-Homepage
Klick on Kollektion 2003 to navigate to this year's collection, use the arrows WEITER to continue or the up/down arrows to scroll. If you find anything you like, but can't get in The States, we can bring it for you. In Germany we have two special seasonal sales during which many items are heavily rebated, it's the End-Of-Winter-Sale in late January and the End-Of-Summer-Sale in late July. So perhaps we can get a good deal for you in the latter.

We're back from WDW. Chris got his haircut again, but no blue hair this time. But, he did get a blue mickey on the back of his head. Can you believe it? While we were at the Magic Kingdom all day, we didn't go on any rides. We spent the entire day shopping, socializing with friends that met us there, and eating. That's why I love having annual passes. I don't feel the need to go full-speed each time that we go. Which is good, since we have Emily now.

Mike - I think you asked about whether we use a stroller or not, when we are there. Yeah, we take Emily's stroller, since it reclines, so she can nap when she wants to. When she was younger, we would take the backpack and she just loved to see things from Chris's back. And now that she's a little older, she does do some walking, when she's tired of sitting or Chris puts her on his shoulders.

Cathy & Dan - I got your pop top pins. When I find them again after unburying them from all of the stuff that we got yesterday, I'll email you with the costs. They look much cooler in person than the pictures. We ended up getting all of the Mickey characters too, Dan!!

Well, we're leaving soon for my mom's house for our regular Sunday dinner together. This week is her turn and we're having a St. Patty's Day dinner, corned beef & cabbage. Did I mention that my great-grandmother's name was O'Malley?!?!?!?!?

Take care...

I loved the t-shirt with the characters on it, too!!! I wonder where he found it? I've never seen that one.

Tina :)

Amy, I too am having corn beef and cabbage tomorrow night. My maternal grandmother's name was McDonald, no relation to the Big Mac. :p
We got tickets to see Crosby, Stills, and Nash! Row 6! Can't wait!:smooth: The only thing that stinks is everyone I mention it to says "who ??". Makes me feel OLD.:(
Do any of my fellow cruisers know CS&N?
Latr, Ave

Hi, all!
Sorry I haven't been around for a while. It's just been busy here. I'm going to just do a quick hit and miss as I think of things I've read. Had quite a few pages to read.

We're having great weather! Sunshine the past few days and well up into the 60's. Finally, a light at the end of the long tunnel of winter! We were able to take walks outside the past two days and it felt great!

Hope everyone's doing well. Thanks for sending out the kids' list.

Eric-- Sorry you had to miss the half marathon, but glad you're feeling better. Congrats on snagging post #3000.

Amy-- Sounds like a fun day at WDW. We sometimes wish we lived close enough to do that. We only live close to Six Flags and there's no comparison... well, actually we find ourselves saying things like 'Disney would never do this or that'.

Mike-- I'll have to go back and link to the fish pictures. It sounds wonderful. Your daughter has a lot of talent. I agree with Amy... we always used a stroller for Josh even when he was 4 years old. It makes a great place for them to take a break when little legs get tired and you can also use it to help carry all the 'stuff' you accumulate along the way.

Love the T-shirt designs for the Scavengear hunt!

Ave-- Congrats on the tickets for Crosby, Stills & Nash! Yes, I remember them.... Marrekesh Express, Suite: Judy Blue Eyes, etc. Enjoy!! They were also at Woodstock, weren't they?
My sister got to see the Elton John/Billy Joel concert last week for her b'day and I was so envious! They're coming to Cleveland too, but the timing is really bad for us to go... on a weeknight.

Better go switch the laundry again. Take care and hope everyone else is having this super weather too!

Colleen

Just a comment on the Elton John/Billy Joel Face to Face tour--we managed to get tickets for it in 2001 shortly after they started the tour--it was INCREDIBLE! We had to drive 2 1/2 hours to get there, but it was SO WORTH IT!!!
We also were able to see Elton here. He did a few venues alone while BJ was in rehab. We were one of the fortunate ones--it was last fall--and we had AWESOME seats--only about 10 rows back from the stage. It was incredible.
Congrats on the CS&N tickets.

Can't wait for October to get here! I think there are at least 40 different DISer cabins on this cruise. WOW! :earseek:

Sue Ellen

Hey SueEllen,

I'm getting really excited now. Surgery went great and I'm starting to think about swimming suits

I'll be home for another couple of days. Give me a call when you get the chance.

Barb, what's with all the Messenger name changes? Is there a purpose behind this or just bored? Have you decided whether you are going to join us or not????

Happy St Patrick's Day tomorrow.

Kathy and Stacey worked on the catfish today and it is almost ready to clear coat. When she finishes it they will take it to rock harbor marine where it will get two coats of clear coat before it is mounted to it's pedestal. I added a two more fish pictures under the catfish album at: Catfish Pic's

I am ready to start saying"are we there yet?" come on October. Mike

Ave- I know I don't keep up with music very much, but what happened to Young???

Mike - Stacey's fish is coming out great! Fast work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!