Cruise 10/11/2003 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everybody:

heres my billy joel/elton john dilemma that ended up having a great ending.

andy and i originally bought tickets for the concert which just happened to be on our anniversary but then billy joel got sick so they postponed the concert till september. well that happened to be when we were scheduled to be on our disney cruise. what to do -- sell our tickets or what. well i called disney and was able to reschedule our cruise for 1 week later. whoo hoo. now we had the best week of of lives - billy joel(a fellow long islander) and elton john(who i've followed forever) and the next day leaving for a disney cruise. that was a week in heaven.

everybody have a great day...

arlene

Happy St Patty's Day!!!!

Another day closer to a cheeseburger in paradise. Has anyone seen pinky;) Just getting in practice for the scavenger hunt.

Have to run as breakfast needs fixing and babies are going to be seen today. Mike

Amy ... Thanks for getting the pins for me ... when you can, e-mail me how much. Glad you had a nice day at WDW.

Tina ... I think that he made the t-shirts by scanning a Disney cruise postcard and then making it into an iron-on.

Spent the weekend working on alot of sewing projects I had hanging around.

Weather has finally gotten warmer here and the piles, and piles of snow are melting. THANK GOD! I actually opened the window in my sewing room for a little while yesterday.

I also got a Billy Joel memory: A thoroughly sore and cramped back after having Anja sitting on my shoulders for a good part of the concert he gave during "The River of Dreams"-tour in Frankfurt ;) Even a mere 100 pounds can tire you after a time :p
But the concert was great, one of the best I ever attended, which is quite a great number, because as a paramedic I often had to do duty on concerts, up to 20 a year for a long time.

Cathy - I sent you an email last night with the total for the pins. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Amy

Billy Joel is one of my absolute favorite performers. I've seen him 3 times in concert. Once when I was living in Chicago, and I saw him with my brother at the United Center. Then, I saw him again here in Tampa. And then, I got to see the Billy Joel/Elton John concert here in Tampa. He is such an awesome performer, I could see him over and over and over again!!!

Cathy,

Do you get a discount on the iron-on transfer sheets? Where are you going to get everything printed? I could split the cost with you and pay for the ScavengEar Hunt shirts since I organized that. You could do the Cruisetoberfest II shirts. That's a lot of shirts! It could be part of my gift to everyone.

Tina :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Everyone! I can't say I'm wearing the green 'cause I'm wearing the yellow t-shirt with our ScavengEar Hunt logo on it.

Tina

Tina ... Last year I did up the iron-on sheets and mailed them to everyone. This year there are a lot more people and I'm still debating about seeing how everyone feels about e-mailing the logo to them and they can run them off themselves on iron-on paper. The paper is easy to get just about everywhere and then they can decide how many shirts they may want ... do they want to put them on something else, etc.

Right now I'm afraid my thoughts are on our soldiers and what may be about to happen.

Let's send out some Pixie Dust and Prayers for all of our troops.

Cathy with @ C

That sounds like a great idea! and...

Pixie Dust and Prayers to our troops here, too!

Tina

Originally posted by @GoofyNut
Tina ... Last year I did up the iron-on sheets and mailed them to everyone. This year there are a lot more people and I'm still debating about seeing how everyone feels about e-mailing the logo to them and they can run them off themselves on iron-on paper. The paper is easy to get just about everywhere and then they can decide how many shirts they may want ... do they want to put them on something else, etc.

Right now I'm afraid my thoughts are on our soldiers and what may be about to happen.

Let's send out some Pixie Dust and Prayers for all of our troops.

Cathy with @ C

I'd also opt for sending the logos via email and everybody irons them on. Perhaps you could send it in regular version and in a mirrored version. If I remember it correctly you have to print the iron-on mirrored.

Over here we still hope that there won't be any pixie dust necessary for your troops, that the madman just leaves, but I'm afraid he is too dumb to read the signs :( Let's just hope that it will be over as quickly as possible with as few casualties as possible - For your troops and for the Iraqi civilians.

Originally posted by Viking
............Over here we still hope that there won't be any pixie dust necessary for your troops, that the madman just leaves, but I'm afraid he is too dumb to read the signs :( Let's just hope that it will be over as quickly as possible with as few casualties as possible - For your troops and for the Iraqi civilians.
Amen, Eric. Amen!

Hi Everyone, Waiting for the President to come on the tube. I have friends that have been deployed, so I'm hoping that war can be averted, but I also feel like this has gone on long enough. Do I sound confused?:confused: I am!
Billy Joel grew up a few blocks from me. We went to the same elementary school, Fork Lane. As well as the same Jr. High and High School. My last concert before moving away from NY was the Billy Joel Benefit for Long Island Charities (1979) It was great!
I've been busy downloading CSN songs. All my old stuff is on vinyl records. And I don't even own a record player anymore.:rolleyes:
Later, Ave

Gosh, page 2! I guess everyone was watching President Bush.
It's yet another rainy day in Charleston. I think the animals are going to begin linning up two by two:p

I'm looking forward to the seeing the countdown go to less then 200.

Good morning all. Hope that everyone has nice weather today and that all of the snow melts soon. Mary i know what you mean about the ark. Been there done that.

Katie is grabbing the sliding drawer with the key board. Having to fight her for it and typing with one finger. Mike

Good morning everyone. It's sunny here today and a lot of the snow has melted since we've had above freezing temperatures since Saturday. Now everything just looks yucky -- the snow is all brown and black. But we can see the ground!!

Listened to Pres. Bush last night on the radio as we were out running errands. Thought it was a good speech although sending lots of pixie dust to the American troops and others that will be affected. Not necessarily too thrilled with the Canada position at the moment. I feel we should be doing more.

Fiona

Is anyone going to do the parks or other things after the cruise. We spent two days at the parks after our cruisears cruise last year with Art and Cathy and had a blast.

Eric hope that they are not working you too hard. We need you well rested so that we have a target to chase after in Key West:jester:;) Should we let the girls drive the cart in Key West and the guys navigate and back seat drive??

Nancy hope that you are feeling well and the hockey games are going the way you want. Bunny is in London and she had a bit of bad luck. While she went to hail a cab someone distracted her husband and someone else stole her purse:mad:

Trees are starting to bud out here in Nashville and the grass is starting to turn green. It will not be long until the pollen starts up. Sometimes the pollen is so bad that the cars are covered in it. Mike

Hello all!

Sorry I have not been around but have been very busy with the nice weather and such.

I do have a bit of good news, I got a promotion today at work. Not really much of a difference in job resposibilties but it is $80 per week! Scott will be happy that he can get a spa treatment. LOL

Talk to you all soon.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter