CRT Table Requests?

chris3947

Earning My Ears
We are a group of 10 (4 kids, parents and grandparents) but from what I understand the biggest table at CRT is for 8. We were lucky enough to get a reservation for 8 and a separate one for 2 at the exact same time. I'm hoping they can help us out and combine tables or at the least seat us near each other. What's the best way to make the request? If I stop by the restaurant first thing in the morning would that help (reservation is at 1 PM)? Or would that be a waste of time?

Likely a waste of time. CRT is a place that won't speak to you before your ADR time, and the people who check you in have nothing to do with seating or table assignment.

Likely a waste of time. CRT is a place that won't speak to you before your ADR time, and the people who check you in have nothing to do with seating or table assignment.

Thanks, that's good to know. Is there anything we can do ahead of time to request a table assignment? My parents just want to sit near their grandkids for this meal, so it's a little frustrating that they might end up on the other side of the restaurant.

We were split up at CRT as a party of 8. They put us directly across from each other, and the aisles are so small that meant we could reach out and touch the other table. There is nothing you can really do ahead of time to ensure you will be at one table, and they will do their best to put you very near each other if you are split up.

All you can do is ask when you check in and hope for the best. You have already stated that you know that the largest table is for 8. It is not likely that they will move tables if that results in aisles being blocked. If sitting apart is frustrating to you, maybe you should think about somewhere they are more likely to be able to seat you all together.
Good Luck

All you can do is ask when you check in and hope for the best. You have already stated that you know that the largest table is for 8. It is not likely that they will move tables if that results in aisles being blocked. If sitting apart is frustrating to you, maybe you should think about somewhere they are more likely to be able to seat you all together.
Good Luck

Any reason why the grandparents cannot sit with the kids?

We were originally a party of 8 (me, my husband, our 4 kids and 2 grandparents). We made a reservation for 8 people 6 months ago and my 3 year old has literally talked about eating at Cinderella's castle every day since. So eating somewhere else is not an option. And I don't want to miss out on sitting with the kids either. I understand that the restaurant is small and accept the situation, I was just stating that it's sad to me that our family can't sit together now that my parents are coming too. #bigfamilyproblems

We were split up at CRT as a party of 8. They put us directly across from each other, and the aisles are so small that meant we could reach out and touch the other table. There is nothing you can really do ahead of time to ensure you will be at one table, and they will do their best to put you very near each other if you are split up.

I don't know how many large tables there are, I'm usually 4 or less .......... but if your party of 8 was split up ........... that means her original party of 8 could be split up to two tables plus the other party of 2 still at a 3rd table, right? Tough one.

The most I would hope for its calling and asking to see if they could make your reservations for 8 + 2 into one single reservation for 10.

When you check in at the podium let them know you would like to be seated together. We had two reservations, party of six and party of three and they had no problem seating us together. We had the first breakfast seating of the day though. We sat at the long benches on the left in the picture, the first bench seats six and the next bench seats four.

Attachments

• IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 34
The most I would hope for its calling and asking to see if they could make your reservations for 8 + 2 into one single reservation for 10.

I called multiple times (last year) trying to get a party of 10 when I had an 8 and a 2. They won't (or can't?) merge the 2 together into a party of 10.

We had a party of 8 sit together for dinner (first seating) last time we went. I was warned ahead of time that our 8 might be split but we weren't. We normally have 10, but 2 from our group chose to do something else during the ADR since we wouldn't be able to guarantee they would even be close to us.

You can try to request to be close when you check in for your ADR. Otherwise I would prepare for either grandparents or you to be at the other table. It stinks but I get it with the layout of the restaurant.

I'd change it to two parties of five, or six and four so the grandparents sit with two kids, and you sit with two. That way, if you don't sit exactly next to each other, no one is left out.

I would just ask at check in. They'll be able to seat you all next to each other most likely. Seating at CRT is done table by table, in order more or less. So, all they have to do is make sure your two reservations are called back to back, and make a note to seat next to each other, and they will be able to.

This is what happened to us. We had an ADR, and more people wanted to come, and got a separate ADR for within 10 min. Wasn't a problem.

Also, there are only four tables for two in the restaurant, and three of them are right by the window. I don't recall if there are any of the large tables next to them, but I think not. If I'm right, you'll likely end up sitting in the upper level on the far right of the photo that @akemom so graciously posted. (That's where the remaining 2-top is located.)
Not saying that this spot is particularly good or not good, just giving you a heads-up, and that you're likely not sitting in a coveted (by some) window seat.

Caveat - I haven't been to CRT in about three years. They may have rearranged their seating, but from 2001 to 2013 the 2-tops were always in the same spots, I believe.

I called multiple times (last year) trying to get a party of 10 when I had an 8 and a 2. They won't (or can't?) merge the 2 together into a party of 10.
When you call the castmember will check to see if there is an available reservation for 10. If there is they will book it and cancel your 8 and 2, but the cannot "merge" reservations if the availability doesn't exist. It is not a case of they "won't."

To the OP: When you check in let the castmembers at the podium know you have two separate reservations and ask to be seated together. It is only a request, but they will do their best. It depends on how busy they are, how many large groups are booked and whether tables near each other are finishing up at that time.

We were in the same boat the first year we went. I called multiple times and the CMs I talked to were all adamant that we were not likely to be seated near each other. We ended up changing our day at CRT to a day my parents weren't going to be with us. You can ask and they might be able to accommodate you but be prepared to either have to wait a while or not have it work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter