CRT Question

Bostonterrierlover

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but if we are planning on getting the dining plan when it become available in August for 2011 travel and we book CRT I know my CC will be charged? Will I somehow get reimbursed since we will have the dining plan and I want to use 2TS credits?

When I've booked CRT with the dining plan I just had to give a credit card for a hold/guarantee. It would only be charged if we didn't show up or cancel. When you call to make your ADR the cast member will pull up your reservation showing you have the dining plan. Also, if you book online pull up your resort reservation on the ADR page before you book and it will link your reservation. You will still have to give a credit card but nothing will be charged.

Hope that makes sense.

if you make the reservation BEFORE you get the dining plan, yes, it'll charge your card. When you get there, you can use your dining credits and your card will be refunded. If you book your trip with the dining plan, then just link your reservation to the dining reservation. ( you'll see where you can log in and add your resort reservation). then when they take the credit card it will be to hold the reservation only.

If you're waiting for free dining to be announced, you could always book your room with the dining plan...... then if it's announced, call and ask that they apply it to your reservation. That way, you already have the dining plan booked when you make your ADR's. Just a thought.

We made ADR's CRT for 2 meals...... I linked our dining plan and entered the CC # and was not charged. :goodvibes

There are a few scenarios:

1. You can book as soon as dining reservations open up without a resort reservation to attach. In this case you will be charged up front and they can reimburse you at the restaurant (and then charge your dining plan)
  2. You can do as an above poster mentioned and book a resort reservation first, and then book CRT linking that reservation. In this case, you will only be required to provide a credit card hold for CRT.
  3. You can book CRT when dining reservations open up being charged up front, and then cancel and rebook when you have a package reservation made. This should refund your credit card when you cancel the first one. It's risky though as there's no guarantee that the same reservation will be there to rebook.

If you want to make sure that you do not get charged first, I'd also recommend doing this over the phone rather than online. In the recent months, the online system has been very finicky regarding pre-paid dining experiences and has often not picked up that there is a package associated.

We are already booked at the Kidani Village right now, but since the 2011 Dining Plan pricing doesn't come out until August, I can't purchase the dining plan yet. Will my CC be charged since I don't have the plan but have a reservation? Or will it just be held? I don't mind it being charged, just want to know before my window opens up. Seems like Disney should announce pricing earlier for those of us going in January or Febraury and making ADRs before August. TIA!

We are already booked at the Kidani Village right now, but since the 2011 Dining Plan pricing doesn't come out until August, I can't purchase the dining plan yet. Will my CC be charged since I don't have the plan but have a reservation? Or will it just be held? I don't mind it being charged, just want to know before my window opens up. Seems like Disney should announce pricing earlier for those of us going in January or Febraury and making ADRs before August. TIA!

It will be charged.

If the dining plan is not already attached to the hotel reservation, then there is no dining plan. Thus, the card would be charged since it is prepaid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter