CRT - Dinner

mommykds

All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,
Anyone been atCRT lately? Is it worth 2 credits on the dining plan? I read on allears that they give you a photo & lithograph, but I thought the kids get swords/septors? Can someone let me know their experience? Thanks!

I just ate there on the 16th with my 6 year old son. The crab and corn soup was delicious. I ordered the prime rib and the blueberry buckle. It was okay - not the worst steak I've ever had but not the best either. I did like the potatoes that came with it. My son got the hot dog in pretzel roll and royal crown sundae. He doesn't eat soup or salad appetizers. Worth $24.99 for him? Not really - but I figured we got the picture package, he received a sword and we got to spend a lot of time with Cinderella. I decided to pay for our dinner and used our TS credits elsewhere. Dinner for the two of us was $80.00 total. The pictures come in a pretty pink folder with a nice photo of the castle and an 8x10 of Cinderella and your party and several smaller 5x7 photos.

I was wondering about eating here too. We're going to WDW for the beginning of our honeymoon and I'm contemplating CRT. How would it be for adults?

We ate there on our honeymoon a few weeks ago. Our server was really good they had put coach confetti all over the table and when the characters came out we were presented with 2 complimentary champagne glasses which was realy nice. The service was good and it was a great experience eating in the castle but i wouldnt do it again.

We both had the salad to start with which was really nice. I had the pork as my main course and it was average but i didnt like what it was served with. My DH had the Chicken which he said was over cooked and dry. We both had the chocolate mousse cake dessert which was average.

I wouldnt say the meal was bad i just dont think it was worth the money you paid for it. Its all about eating in the castle really i just think that a restaurant like that should be serving higher quality food.

We had dinner in the Castle on 12/23. The food was acceptable, certainly not as good as either Le Cellier or Hollywood Brown Derby (we had eaten at both of these earlier in the week). HOWEVER, the Castle factor is significant. My 18 year-old nephew and 14 year-old niece loved it just for the chance to be inside the Castle.

Also, there was a little program with the two mice (Suzy and Perla?) and the Fairy Godmother. I don't know if that's standard or not, but it was a good added entertainment value.

In summary, I think for the ambiance, the Castle would be lovely choice. Happy Honeymoon!!!!:dance3:

In summary, I think for the ambiance, the Castle would be lovely choice. Happy Honeymoon!!!!:dance3:

Our sentiments exactly. Its all about being in the castle. You should at least try it once, if you've never done it. We did it once for our honeymoon and that was enough for us, until we have kids.........:cloud9: :wizard: princess:

I just went there for my honeymoon. THey no longer offer the lithorgraph anymore. Yes it is a charachter meal, but it was wonderful.
We had the best seat in the house, directly in the middle next to the windows, BUT the crane was still there so the curtains were down but we could move them out of the way and still look out.
We did get the champagne flutes, which were perfect for the champagne that some friends had sent to our room.
The food was so good. I also ordered the slipper dessert for each of us and it was delivered to the table. Our waiter was perfect, he never even let my husband even ask about the dessert as it was a surprise. You get dessert with your meal, but he never asked for our selection and surprised us with out slippers. Which I would higly recommend. They were delish!

The show was cute.
And they lost our pictures.
We had to go have them retaken and then they were sent to our resort later. But we got them just fine.

All that being said.
I don't think that we will be doing it again.
It was just too much money. It no longer has the charm of the dinner that they used to have. I miss the steak they used to have.And when it was just a quiet dinner.

If anyone has honeymoon questions feel free to PM me.
But I think you should just do it once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter