CRT AND Akershus

lyra2007

Mouseketeer
I'm working on my ADRs for next month. I got a CRT breakfast for our last day.There are times/days that work for Akershus that are available. I want the CRT to be special and really stand out for DD. Would adding the other princess meal undermine that?

I'm a little worried (first-world problem!) that Aurora won't be at CRT (DD is all about Aurora.) But by then it would be too late to add Akershus, or to cancel (since it's our last day).

Thoughts?

We loved Akershus. Have not done CRT yet. Doing it this trip. The food at Akershus is really good. I would do both. My girls can never have enough princess meals. :cool1:

I don't think it would hurt to add it at all.

Akershus is fun... but CRT is in the castle. They're different enough that I don't think it would take away from CRT. We do both every trip :thumbsup2

Aurora was at CRT both times I did it and I am pretty sure she was at akershus too.
Our first year we took DD we did CRT first full day for breakfast and akershus for our final night's dinner. She loved both. CRT is VERY special but akershus was awesome too. Just not as "special" but still great IMO. When we were just there last week we only did CRT.

I don't think she'll miss Aurora at CRT - she's been there both times that we've done it.

Now, personally and this goes against most of the DIS knowledge base... I found Akershus to be pretty bad. The princess interaction wasn't as good as CRT, the place was overly crowded and much louder than most Disney restaurants (seriously - it challenged the H&V Disney Jr breakfast for noise level!), we were beside a table of loudmouths who continually commented on our family's conversation and limited interactions with the princesses and it was one of the half-booth tables such that the obnoxious man kept leaning over from his table into my portion of the bench and just...UGH. I also didn't care for the "buffet" portion of the meal - not the food and not the child who kept tasting things off of serving spoons and putting them back (almost always with things that I actually *did* want to eat which were then pulled from the line to be replaced by non-contaminated food).

DH's and mine's experience at Akershus seems to be more like Kwaschitz's experience than others.

We had breakfast at Akershus and were really excited about the cold buffet but couldn't find a toaster to toast our bagels or other stuff. The food was okay and the service was a little below that. I didn't think that the princesses were nearly as friendly at Akershus as at CRT. At CRT, you can say that you ate in the castle. However, if going to both doesn't blow your budget, then do both, but definitely do CRT at the very least.

We did CRT, Akershus, and the Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare. My daughter loved seeing the princesses more than once and the castle was still so magical for her. I don't think anything can take away from the magic of being in the castle for a little girl that loves princesses.

We are doing both in April. We are doing Akershus at the beginning of the trip and CRT for dinner for our last night there

We did 1900 PF (because DD was desperate to meet Prince Charming!), Akers and CRT. We really enjoyed them all, and felt that the character interaction was equal at all of them. The only thing I would say was that at Akers I did feel a bit awkward when trying to film / take pics as I was concious that I didn't want my behind to end up on the table next door as the tables are very close together!

At CRT the Princesses upstairs were Aurora, Ariel, Snow White Jasmine.

I do understand what you mean about undermining CRT. This trip we have just taken was all about DD and her birthday (on Christmas eve). She received an invite from Cinderella to have lunch at the Castle on her birthday and Cinderella even sent her a Cinderella dress to wear ;) We had an ADR booked at the GF cafe early in the holiday, and while we were there we had some pics taken in front of the GF chistmas tree. The CM asked if we were going to PF, so that got me thinking! I asked at the check in desk at PF is they had space, and they said a 20 minute wait so we switched to PF from GF cafe. My thinking was all about Prince Charming, I sort of forgot that Cinderella would be there! When we met Cinderella DD thanked her for the invite and the dress, so it all worked out as Cinderella said she was looking foward to seeing her again! Then we met Cinderella again at Akers and DD just said I'll be seeing you at the Castle on my birthday Cinderella! When we did go to the castle DD was totally enamoured with the setting and seeing her again.
I've just got to make sure the photos of the princesses that she met multiple times don't end up too near each other in the photo album ;)

Sorry for the long post, I hope you don't mind me sharing :goodvibes

Claire :)

I don't think it would hurt to add it at all.

Akershus is fun... but CRT is in the castle. They're different enough that I don't think it would take away from CRT. We do both every trip :thumbsup2

So do we :)

CRT - Cinderella will be your greeter downstairs and you'll get your package photo with her. Upstairs you will generally get Ariel, Aurora, Snow White and now Jasmine (Belle no longer meets here). The Fairy Godmother has been there when one of the Princesses is ill. Rapunzel made a few appearances during the week when Jasmine started to appear at CRT but haven't heard of this happening since.

Akershus - Belle in her yellow dress will be your greeter downstairs and you'll get your package photo with her. If Belle is sick, Ariel becomes the greeter. You usually get Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel and Snow White. If one of the Princesses are ill here, you may get Alice, Mary Poppins, Jasmine and Mulan has made a rare few appearances.

None of this Princesses are promised (although I've never heard of Cinderella not appearing at CRT? :confused3

Like others, we eat at both each trip too. We like to eat at Akershus for breakfast (a tradition of ours on our first full park day before the park opens) and have dinner at CRT (just love eating inside the castle). My girls are 11 and 9 and they still love seeing the princesses :goodvibes. As for SB, we have seen her at both CRT and Akershus every time we have dined at both locations, but of course the characters are subject to change without any notice. Good luck....if for some crazy reason your DD doesn't see her at either CRT or Akershus, then the other location that you will see her is outside the France Pavilion, just check her M&G times on the time guide.

We liked Akershus better than CRT. Less crowded and great interaction with princesses

We liked Akershus better than CRT. Less crowded and great interaction with princesses

This.:thumbsup2

Akershus allows our soon to be 4 y.o. a chance to unwind at EPCOT.

CRT seemingly offers her too much to enjoy in Magic Kingdom.

I'll admit we enjoy both, but Akershus is our preference.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter