crown currency

Trixster

Mouseketeer
I would just like to share my thoughts on using this company to buy your currency in advance.

About two months ago, I ordered $1,000 to arrive on 17 October and what was then a very good rate of $1.67ish. I would just like to say that I found the service excellent, it arrived on time by special delivery (no charge due to the value that I ordered). It arrived in a mixture of notes (1 x $100 and the rest smaller notes).

I would encourage people to use this service as I was sceptical before I tried it especially if you have a while to go before your next trip. You can get $1.7150 at the moment for delivery in Feb much better than the spot rate and infinitely better than fairfx which shows about $1.63 for cash and others much lower.

I have some travellers cheques arriving in Dec as well and am pleased that I pre-booked through this company.

I know many other dis-ers have used this service - first rate!

I have also used this company when rates were $2 to the £ - but you have to remember that if they go bust while your currency is on order (as for better rates you have to order a good month or so in advance) - then you would lose your money.

For this reason I only did a bit at a time. It depends if you want to take the risk.

I'll second this, used them three times now and no problems.

It's not without risk obviously as you give them the money and wait for sometimes months for yours. If they go bust, it's probably bye bye money. However, the way they trade is via currency futures so theoretically they shouldn't go bust as they are just taking a percentage off each deal, a rise or fall in currency rates means nothing to them.

I have noticed more "cancelled contracts" emails recently which I don't really understand as you pay up front. Presumably this is just marketing!

Anyway, very good but there is a risk however minimal.

Just to reiterate the warning, there are risks using companies like Crown. As long as anyone using them knows that good luck to them.
Personally I wouldn't, OP has a rate of $1.67 by giving £600 to an unregulated company for 2 months.
If I was in Florida now I could get $1.67 on a fee free credit card 100% secure.
Even at a FairFX rate of $1.63, its only $22(£13) less on a £600 trade. Is it worth gaining £13 to give your money away for 2 month, not to me.

We too have used this company twice before, got great rates and recieved excellent service. We would use them again.

Just to reiterate the warning, there are risks using companies like Crown. As long as anyone using them knows that good luck to them.
Personally I wouldn't, OP has a rate of $1.67 by giving £600 to an unregulated company for 2 months.
If I was in Florida now I could get $1.67 on a fee free credit card 100% secure.
Even at a FairFX rate of $1.63, its only $22(£13) less on a £600 trade. Is it worth gaining £13 to give your money away for 2 month, not to me.

I join the ranks of those who err on the side of caution - I know how hard I work for my money (as does anyone else) and if I could insure it for $20-ish I would, so I would rather forfeit the extra pennies and know that I have what I have paid for. ;)

We've used Crown Currency a number of times (also to get the $2/£1 rate!) and they've always been great.
However, I now prefer the fairfx card. It allows me to top up over a period of time before our trip when we have some spare cash available and keeping an eye on when the rates are good. With Crown Currency you need a large amount quite some time before your trip to get a good deal.
I also prefer not having to carry about so much cash, feels safer.
For our next trip, we'll be getting a second card to DH has one too, dividing the money over 2 cards, even safer.

Another :thumbsup2 for crown currency , we have used them many times with out any problems and always got a good rate and as they say" every little helps ". now just have to wait to use those $

Have used CC three times without any problems, however as previously posted they are not bonded in anyway therefore if they cease trading you almost certainly will lose your cash

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter