Crowds now and next few weeks

For what it's worth - I had a long conversation with a Disney CM (Animal Kingdom) during a lengthy airport delay on Friday. She said that Disney's numbers are low this summer.

Disney has become very good at making even a low-crowd day seem crowded these days by cutting staff and lowering ride capacity on those days.

We have gone many times during the end of August (being from NY, the school year does not start until after labor day) and have never found the parks to be overly crowded during those last 2 weeks. Also, there will be a lot of CM turnover at this time of year with summer workers going off to school/college and the new college program CMs arriving for the fall semester around now.

Last weekend I spent at MK and this weekend I spent at DHS. MK was the least crowded i've seen in a very long time.

Last edited:
We’ve been here since Wed and I’ve been surprised at how busy all the restaurants have been. Numbers may be low, but Disney is still raking it in! Today at AK it was extremely crowded (in terms of people on walkways), but I think it was a lot of locals for photopass day.

With planning we’ve been able to ride everything we want but if we want to re-ride a headliner it’s difficult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter