• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds in May 2017?

toonaspie

Just a poser
Just checking to see what they might be like.

Since my WDW Vacation that was supposed to be last Dec, my friend and I still need to use up some Southwest Airline vouchers before they expire. However planning out WDW a second time took a huge toll outta me so I proposed to him we do a trip to UO instead.

Neither of us have ever been. (Technically I went to Universal Studios once in '98 for a day but remember nothing from it.)

This will be sometime during the SECOND WEEK OF MAY (May 7-13) for 3-4 days. And we'll be staying on property. Where depends on the necessity of Express Pass. If the crowds are light during this week we'll do Cabana Bay. If they're not we'll do Royal Pacific. We want to get park to park tickets for at least two days and Express Pass for at least one day.

Crowds should be pretty light for you. We are going May 3-10 and picked it because it's lower crowds. Schools are still in session and usually doing final exams or getting ready for them so few kids will be taken out of school. Colleges are just finishing up, so you may start to see some college crowds by then.

But everything I've read and heard is that crowds will be lower than two weeks before and two weeks later (Easter and Memorial Day)

Thank you.

As soon as I posted this thread I subscribed to Touring Plans for Universal and got the same results but still wasn't sure.

I'm still a bit tempted/torn as to whether or not to get Express Pass for at least one day.

My original plan was that if we were to do Cabana Bay that we would do one day with Express Pass (since we're doing park2park) and do all the non-Harry Potter stuff and then devote the next day to all things Harry Potter. Only problem is I couldn't get the park2park EP for the day(s) that I wanted according to the Universal website. If I were to buy EP for each park separately or buy Unlimited it would push to price too high up to make us change hotels.

The great thing about Express Pass is you can go and decide while in the park if you need it. If you aren't sure, I wouldn't pre-purchase anything.

The great thing about Express Pass is you can go and decide while in the park if you need it. If you aren't sure, I wouldn't pre-purchase anything.

Weird cause it said on Touring Plans that they sell a limited amt per day (which would explain why certain days I wanted EP for were unavailable).

Either way, decided on no EP.

Crowds should be great! There is a limited number of express passes they will sell every day. But it is very rare for them to sell out. They are not going to sell out on a low, moderate, or even high crowd day. It's the very, very high crowd days where it could be an issue - meaning the week between Christmas and New Year's has the greatest chance. I'm not sure why they wouldn't let you buy them for certain days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter