Crib rental

KrazeeK120

DIS Veteran
I can't find any recent threads regarding crib rental.

Has anyone rented a crib? From whom did you rent? Pros/cons?

My son will be 18 months old when we go and we are staying at Wilderness Lodge.

Does wilderness lodge make you rent them?

We stayed at por and they provided a pack and play like all other hotels. You should hopefully just have to request it.

Does wilderness lodge make you rent them?

We stayed at por and they provided a pack and play like all other hotels. You should hopefully just have to request it.

I didn't think cribs were guaranteed (only Pack n plays).

We used the Pack n play as a crib until we moved him into his own room when he was 4.5 months old. But I'm not sure if an over 30 lb kid is going to be very comfortable in it for many nights in a row, so I was hoping to get a crib for him instead.

Ahh. At 2 my kids would sleep in a bed on vacation. Have you ever tried that? And I've definitely seen some big kids happy to sleep in a pnp and some not.

I don't think I would ever rent one though and would just deal.

However, I've rented strollers from Kingdom before and it looks like they have cribs. Crazy!

Ahh. At 2 my kids would sleep in a bed on vacation. Have you ever tried that? And I've definitely seen some big kids happy to sleep in a pnp and some not.

I don't think I would ever rent one though and would just deal.

However, I've rented strollers from Kingdom before and it looks like they have cribs. Crazy!

My son is just shy of 15 months now and will be 18 months when we go on vacation. I'm not planning on putting him in his toddler bed until he's about 2. I'm sure there are 18 month olds who can sleep in a queen bed but that makes me so nervous!

My son is just shy of 15 months now and will be 18 months when we go on vacation. I'm not planning on putting him in his toddler bed until he's about 2. I'm sure there are 18 month olds who can sleep in a queen bed but that makes me so nervous!

My dd was 15 months and slept in the pack and play, but she was maybe 15 lbs. the same with my son, he was 22 months. My youngest was 2 1/2 and she slept in the bed with me. I think I got a bed rail and pillowed the floor. I have always slept with my kids...ok I have fallen asleep while they nursed and when I woke hours later there was no way I was moving that kid.

If you got a bed rail and slept with him in bed he may do fine. He will be so tired and probably won't move the night. And who knows you may just get a crib or ask daily if one is available.

We rented a crib from A Baby's Best Friend. We had a great experience with them and will use them again when we return.

We also rented a crib two years in a row from A Baby's Best Friend and both times the experience was pleasant with no complication. For us that was the best money spent to ensure that at the end of the day we would all be getting a good nights sleep. Since we drove I did take his own bedding to save a little extra cash and to make everything feel the same as possible. He slept great means we slept great!

We've rented both a stroller and crib from Kingdom Stollers and had a great experience with them.

My dd was 15 months and slept in the pack and play, but she was maybe 15 lbs. the same with my son, he was 22 months. My youngest was 2 1/2 and she slept in the bed with me. I think I got a bed rail and pillowed the floor. I have always slept with my kids...ok I have fallen asleep while they nursed and when I woke hours later there was no way I was moving that kid.

If you got a bed rail and slept with him in bed he may do fine. He will be so tired and probably won't move the night. And who knows you may just get a crib or ask daily if one is available.

My son will be 15 months on Sunday and weighs 28 1/2 lbs. I stick him in the pack n play here at home once in awhile, like when I'm getting things together to go someplace so he doesn't run amok! It just seems like he's close to the weight limit...I'm afraid he will break it. Maybe I'm over worried. He still flips all over the place in his sleep. I think I'd be more comfortable with a crib.

Something else to know is that you can add bed rails to your reservation. We did this when my DS was 2. It worked fine.

My son will be 15 months on Sunday and weighs 28 1/2 lbs. I stick him in the pack n play here at home once in awhile, like when I'm getting things together to go someplace so he doesn't run amok! It just seems like he's close to the weight limit...I'm afraid he will break it. Maybe I'm over worried. He still flips all over the place in his sleep. I think I'd be more comfortable with a crib.

I get it, my oldest who is 15 I would say in the past 5 years finally sleeps with her head on the pillow. She was a flipper!

Things can change from the time you go too.

Plus I am sure he will be so tired that the minute he lays down he will pass out. I remember my kids did one trip. It was after 10pm (we did take a mid day break) and we came back to the room, TV on, lights on, kids passed out in bed.

You are a mom...you will always be worried.

We've rented cribs from A Baby's Best Friend for four different trips over the past two years. They are wonderful, and our kids slept great.

You are a mom...you will always be worried.

I think you're right. I go out of my way (too far, at times, I'm sure) to make sure he is as comfortable as possible. He's my only baby and I want his first trip to be so special! He is such a sweet boy and has always been a fabulous eater and sleeper. He's made being a mom such a joy and I just want him to be happy and well-rested. I'm a worrier by nature, and my husband keeps trying to tell me that he will most likely sleep just fine, whatever we decide!

I appreciate everyone's feedback though. I love having a forum to go to full of people who have been in my shoes!

I would get bed rails for him. DD slept in a pack and play until age 2 when she got a toddler bed and the a double bed at 3. She wasn't 30 lbs until 3 years old. (Her crib converted from crib to toddler to a double bed which she still uses at almost 8). She's my only as well. And a great eater and sleeper as well (Don't want to mess with the great sleeper!). I think he will most likely be exhausted from the day at the park he will just pass out especially if he is used to getting plenty of sleep at night.

I can't find any recent threads regarding crib rental.

Has anyone rented a crib? From whom did you rent? Pros/cons?

My son will be 18 months old when we go and we are staying at Wilderness Lodge.
only thing I can add is make sure crib can be left with bell services and how late they can deliver to room esp in case of major flight delays. nothing worse than being very late in arriving and can not get crib until morning

only thing I can add is make sure crib can be left with bell services and how late they can deliver to room esp in case of major flight delays. nothing worse than being very late in arriving and can not get crib until morning

We are driving. Of course, we run the risk of the car breaking down or something, but it's definitely not as high of a risk as a delayed flight.

we were going to get bed rails, but our granddaughter (2-1/2) is still using a crib and her parents aren't rushing her. So we'll be renting from abbf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter