Credit Card charge question

juliek1020

Earning My Ears
Hopefully someone can answer my question. We have booked for May 2011 with regular dining. I have made all of our reservations, and a charge has shown up on my credit card for $162, as Disney dining.:confused3

Not sure what it is for...I think it might be for breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table:cloud9:. What I am wondering is, if we are on the dining plan, and using 2 table credits for it, do they just refund my credit card afterwards?

We are also reserved for Bibbidee Bobbidee Boutique, Princess Lunch at Akershus, Wonderland Tea Party, and some others that didn't require a credit card.

Any help would be appreciated...I hate the thought of forking out that money, then waiting until the end of the vacation to get it back.

My memory is failing me right now, so I'm not sure if CRT requires a card even if it's off the dining plan.

However, one thing I'd suggest is making sure it's an actual charge and not an authorization. Some banks/financial institutions are pretty bad about conveying when a 'charge' is just an authorization or not.

An authorization isn't actually 'taking'/charging the money, it's simply verifying you have that credit available. It often reduce your available credit by that amount, but does not affect your balance. Authorizations also tend to drop off naturally over time [in a short-time frame]. The basic rule I remember is typically around 3 days, although it varies a lot based on type of business.

But, if it's a charge, you need to contact Disney Dining and get it straightened out :).

CRT does require payment in advance, so if you booked online for that meal, that is the explanation for the charge you are seeing. However, if you have DDP and you call WDW-DINE to book, you will not be charged. (I think they still take the CC number as a guarantee, though.) It is a simple matter to be refunded at the restaurant, however. I've had it done before in full because I added DxDP after the reservation had been made, and I've also had the difference between full price and TIW discount refunded to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!