Crazy Eights take on the World: Spoiled Silly (Aug 2011 TR) Life Update: May 23!!!

Holy cow! That villa is amazing!!! I'm planning a family trip and was going to get a couple rooms, but now I think we need a villa!

I know!!! It was beautiful. I would love to stay here again. but it was one of the most expensive rooms on property, so chances are unless we luck out and get another free upgrade we won't be seeing it again very soon ;) but it was nice to feel so special for the week :goodvibes

WOW, nice upgrade!

we got so lucky!!! the day we booked the room we were already fighting over who was going to have to sleep on the pull out couch :rotfl: luckily we had no problem with that once we got there :thumbsup2

Yay for more procrastination of homework and Andy watching the football game so he can’t yell at me to get to work!!! It means another update before I run off to rehearsal for the night:

Eat Till You Pop:
August 17, 2011

When we last left off we had just stepped into the mansion known as our grand villa. But for real I’m pretty sure the entire week I never saw anyone in the Congress Park building that we were staying in. They must have known that we were going to be up early and coming back late all hyped up on Disney and it was better to give us our own section of the resort.

Anyways. Once we got all settled in we got changed and did a little enjoying of the room…

IMG_4335.jpg

Oh hi and welcome to our second story entrance!!!

IMG_4336.jpg

Come on in an check it out

IMG_4337.jpg

Here is our living room’

IMG_4350.jpg

Just makin’ some dinner in our kitchen

IMG_4353.jpg

And then we were ready to head out. But first we started a tradition. Door pictures!!! Which we took (anytime we remembered) before we left the room every time.

IMG_4357.jpg

IMG_4359.jpg

At this point the kids were out the door and ready to go while the parents dilly dallied in the room so we went to go take photos of just how close we really were to Downtown Disney…

I give you exhibit A, look how happy they are to be in the place where dreams come true!!!! (this might be one of my favorite photos of the trip)

IMG_4360.jpg

Exhibit B: I actually use to be really scared of this when I was younger for some reason, but now he has kind of grown on me.

IMG_4361.jpg

IMG_4364.jpg

This was the outside of our room. The second and third story (big bay window & patio on the right) was our castle. How pretty!!

IMG_4365.jpg

Ma and Pa FINALLY(!!!) came out and we were skipping off to Downtown Disney. Literally the path from SSR to DTD was directly outside our door and took a little more than 5 minutes (at a slow pace). Here we are again, just being happy :-)

308518_540868260133_162200254_30796669_6887786_n.jpg

Isn’t he just the cutest?!? Ugh, I love him. One of Andy’s favorite things to do in Disney is chase the little lizards and try to catch them. When he was younger he took a trip and the only thing he remembers were the little lizards, the first time I heard that story I was so sad that he didn’t remember any of the actual park. Anyways as you can tell he was happy to be back!

311983_540868329993_162200254_30796674_3166984_n.jpg

Oh yea, and then there is me… Caution Alicia Face #4

312618_540868315023_162200254_30796673_7375087_n.jpg

Pa was ready to get some pin trading done

316247_540868250153_162200254_30796668_6197775_n.jpg

After a fairly quick walk we had reached our destination

IMG_4367.jpg

Funny story, when we arrived this was not how I recalled the outside of this place looking when I read about it on the disboards. It wasn’t until the fallowing night when we went to Disney Quest that I found out there were two of them. Silly me, I actually had my heart set on eating at the other one, but oh well.

Now back to the Trip report… If you recall we had arrived at Animal Kingdom at 11 am that morning and since our reservation’s for that night weren’t until 9pm we had each already split a counter service at Pizzafari (Pete’s Safari). So we decided to split our second counter service of the day at around 5:00 to hold us over.

We ordered and went to find a table and awaited our food, I thought that this restaurant was really cool because you order and then your food is brought to you.

So here are some happy Eights awaiting the arrival of second meal.

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4370.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

And then Danielle basically fell asleep, too much excitement for one day I suppose

IMG_4374.jpg

The food came out and let me tell you there was SO MUCH of it!! This was our down fall of the day, was that we enjoyed to much food before we were fully worked into the eating schedule. It was just so good that we couldn’t let it go to waste.

Ma and Pa split:

IMG_4376.jpg

Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf - mashed potatoes, port wine sauce and crispy onion rings
Not going to lie I tried the onion crisps (I can never pass up an onion crisp) deliciousness.

Danielle and Adam // Sam and KC split:

IMG_4377.jpg

Pennette Chicken Alfredo - peas, bacon and parmesan
They loved it. All I really remember about it was how mouthwatering the smell alone was.

Andy and I split:

IMG_4375.jpg

Macaroni and Cheese
Basically that’s exactly what it was only a million times better!! I was expecting typical yellow but oh no the white sauce was delicious and creamy and scrumptious.

For Dessert Ma and Pa // Danielle and Adam

IMG_4378.jpg

Creme Brulee
Everyone sampled it except me because the idea of that dessert is just a turn off to me.

While the other four of us got a Fresh Baked Brownie, which is in the photo with the mac and cheese. Andy ended up carrying it around in his bag for like 3 day just incase we wanted a snack but we never ended up eating it, so sorry for the lack of report on the brownie, if it helps it was prepackaged and had chocolate chips in it! Haha.

This was the only meal that we all cashed out together so I was able to record the total, which ended up being: $90.96 (not including tip). All I can say is thank goodness for the dinning plan!!

Up next we decide that we can part with some of our money and replace it with some items that will not leave our side for the rest of the trip!

Tune In Next Time!!!

Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness!!! I have been gone for far to long. I apologize, I had an update prepared for the day after Halloween but my photobucket wasn’t working and then we got into the three weekend run of Damn Yankees at my school. So before auditions and things start up for Spring semester I promise to get this thing back up and moving. Enough excuses, let’s continue…

Shop Till You Drop//The Obsession Begins:
August 17, 2011

So after we finished up with our delectable dinner at Wolfgang Puck we were off to get our shop on. Since it was our first night in Disney we had to get an idea of the new merchandise that we would eventually be exchanging our hard earned cash for. So we separated and we were off…

Sam and I knew exactly what our first purchases were going to be. So we headed out in search of the items we planned on buying for weeks before we even left.

My first stop was the pin trading place to buy a vinilimation. Now I have never been big on the vinilimation thing, for a while I was into pin trading but then I got sick of carrying that heavy thing on my neck. At first I kind of hated vinilimations because I thought they served no purpose. I came up with the idea to buy one vinilimation and trade it anytime I saw one of the trading boxes, no questions asked no matter how much I loved the one that I had.

I was so excited to get it and start my trading!!! I opened it before I even left the store. I got primeval whirl (the Disney murderer soon to be shut down for good ride).

IMG_4379-1.jpg

As you can see I was pretty flippin’ excited about my purchase. From there we had to book it to the memories store to get Sam her ears before we had to catch a bus to the contemporary.

IMG_4380-1.jpg

So in a quick dash, still admiring my new purchase we were off once again. While Sam got her ears embroidered Andy and I decided we wanted a pair as well on our previous trip we bought the Minnie mouse head band and sorcerer mickey headband.

That’s right, we are those people that will actually wear the mouse ears every day of the trip (with the exception of water parks) and won’t take them off unless we are sleeping we even wore them on the plane ride home.

Anyways… I digress.

So we were waiting in line to purchase//embroider our hats. Wouldn’t you know that we were in a rush so the machine was not working properly? In the mean time I decided to try on the hat of my least favorite bear of all time.

IMG_4381-1.jpg

We grabbed our hats and we were out the door faster than a speeding bullet. We had to make it to the bus stop to catch a bus to the contemporary for our late night dinner reservation. Once we got to the bus stop we took a deep sigh of relief and waited for the bus to come.

We decided to have a fashion show of our new ears.
And we waited and we waited and we waited. As you can see from the photos we slowly slipped from day

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4382-1.jpg

to dusk

IMG_4384.jpg

to full on night

IMG_4386.jpg

we were not having very much luck with buses today.

Where is that bus?!?
IMG_4385.jpg

We waited quite a while for that darn bus. I want to say that it was a half an hour but I don’t really remember. I knew that the bus ride was going to take a while because the contemporary is so far away we started to get panicked, we were all a little cranky from being up since 4am and some words were said and I thought the eights were really going crazy and were about to start a throw down. Luckily the bus showed up, we piled on and we were on our (less then merrily) way, our very sleep way.

Yep, that’s right even though we vowed not to ever sleep there Danielle is again sleeping for the second time in two hours…

IMG_4387.jpg

This bus ride literally seemed to take forever. As passed between dream world and I counted down the minutes to our 9:10 reservation and gave up all hope of getting there on time. The bus slowly pulled up and we were off in yet another mad dash, which I was hoping would be the last one of the night.

We sprinted across this beautiful welcome

IMG_4388.jpg

As we did I spoke to my mother about how I needed to get a picture with the silver Mickey out in the back that I have a picture with from one of my first trips she said we should do it now because I would forget to later but I as so set on making it for the reservation time I said pass… sadly she was right, never got that picture… oh well all the more reason to take another trip!!

We passed by Andy’s favorite moat favorite part ever of Disney world

297858_540868544563_162200254_30796687_6667799_n.jpg

We walked up a set of the most comfortable stairs I have ever climbed. And crossed under yet another beautiful arch.

298864_540868534583_162200254_30796686_7842048_n.jpg

We actually made it with time to spare. So Andy, Myself, Sam and KC went to explore the gift shops and browsed for some pressed penny machines. On our adventure we got tons of compliments on our ears and someone even asked where specifically we got them because it was their child’s first trip and they wanted to get a pair embroidered. What a magical souvenir// memory, I still have the ones my parents bought me on our trip down during the 25th anniversary before they had elastic strings.

Anyways we soon realized that it was close to our reservation time so we scurried back to the waiting area and panicked called ma and pa because we thought they went in without us. They walked in shortly after us, we had our photo taken with statue Mickey and we were seated and ready for a great time.

Tune In Next Time!!!

Eat till You Pop Part II:
August 17, 2011

So we entered under this beautiful glowing arch

IMG_4407.jpg

and had our picture snapped with statue Mickey.

The we were swept away into the music and food that would be an almost perfect ending to our night.

We were seated in the very front room against the wall, it was a very lively room and much better than the room Andy and I sat in on our last trip down

320619_540868599453_162200254_30796690_4700201_n.jpg

Notice all the children and their parents. Then in walk “The Eights”, a big group of basically grown adults that probably had more fun than the children.

We were a very short walk away from the buffet line which was WONDERFUL!!!

262564_540868624403_162200254_30796691_3785022_n.jpg

Shortly after our waitress was around we were up and filling our plates except the plates were not coming back as full as they should have been. If you remember we had made the choice to spilt 2 quick service meals that day one around 11:30 and the other around 5:30, not our best decision. We were STUFFED from Wolfgang Puck.

Anyways we came back with plates that had food on them, just not $40 per person worth of food, good thing we were on the dinning plan and we could make up for it later.

I can’t really tell you who’s plate is who’s for some of these but I can tell you that I LOVED the mashed potatoes!! I went up for like three helpings of them… soooooo gooood

I know this one was mine because I was all about the mickey raviolis. Aside from that I got some perfectly seasoned chicken, parmesean mashed poatoes, broccoli and cheese, and corn bread and green beans.

IMG_4408.jpg

this next one was my second plate. Mickey-roni and Cheese with some chicken nuggets and honey mustard. I will tell you even though I am 21, I am all about the kid’s buffet.

IMG_4409.jpg

I know for sure that this plate belongs to Andy because non of the food it touching. He can’t eat if it does. Let me inform you, not the most adventurous eater here. He got some chicken, DELICIOUS POTATOES, green beans, and some form of other meat that he actually only got because he thought the guy serving it was cool. Yea, that’s my boy, what a goof ball.

IMG_4410.jpg

This is one of Andy’s favorite restaurants so even if all he ate was things we eat on a daily basis at home he was really enjoying it!!!

IMG_4411.jpg

Warning sad foods approaching….

IMG_4415.jpg

IMG_4416.jpg

those either belong to Danielle or Ma. What a disappointment to all buffet goers every where.

For the heck of it let’s throw in some dessert photos.

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4424.jpg

So we sat and stuffed our faces for the third time in one day. Soon the characters starting making their rounds.

First was Minnie Mouse, and Oh Boy was she a little less than fun.

IMG_4412.jpg

299260_540868654343_162200254_30796694_1023899_n.jpg

After she walked away Sam and I looked at one another and just broke out into frightened laughter because Minnie had been really putting the pressure on our shoulders when we took the photos. So it became a running joke for the rest of the trip that Minnie trip to strangle us.

Which was the reason behind Alicia Face #5. I was demonstrating what must have been going on in Minnie’s head as we took the photo.

305700_540868664323_162200254_30796695_3018354_n.jpg

We quickly moved on from that almost traumatizing experience because it was time for some napkin twirling!!!

316834_540868809033_162200254_30796704_8093461_n.jpg

297788_540868759133_162200254_30796701_6000998_n.jpg

Tune In Next Time!!!

Eat Until You Pop Part II (Cont.)
August 17, 2011

So after Minnie Mouse came around next was the big cheese himself. Chef Mickey Mouse.

300209_540868679293_162200254_30796696_7929008_n.jpg

304828_540868689273_162200254_30796697_7584022_n.jpg

297712_540868719213_162200254_30796699_6398535_n.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

Next to come around was Goofy and let me tell you there was the most adorable child at the table behind us, who the second that he saw Goofy screamed “PLEASE DON’T EAT ME!!!!” to which Goofy simply replied

IMG_4425.jpg

So stinking cute, because I can remember several vacation during which we had screaming terrified children. I love how it’s ok for children to see them on TV and adore them but the second they see them in person everything is different.

First thing we had to do was get a photo of Pa with Goofy, since he is his number one fan. Look at him simply glowing, happy to be in the world. And people wonder where I get my love of Disney from, yea it’s this guy, the one who almost refused to go on the first trip with my mother because he thought it was for children.

311337_540868928793_162200254_30796713_4995854_n.jpg

Now for the rest of us everybody cram in!!!!

313914_540868938773_162200254_30796714_5478316_n.jpg

Pluto was soon to follow, he is one of my favorites. All I want for Christmas is a Pluto Pillow Pet <3

312452_540869038573_162200254_30796721_7448026_n.jpg

299853_540869013623_162200254_30796719_4286600_n.jpg

And last but certainly not least was Andy’s favorite Donald Duck!!!

308782_540868888873_162200254_30796710_7462313_n.jpg

From there we paid the extremely outrageous tip of like $80 (which is why we only ate together on the first and last day), they really know how to stick it to large parties. Anyways… As we left I snapped this shot of Mickey and Minnie. True Love right there.

IMG_4433.jpg

While we waited for half the party to take a pit stop, I went to the gift shop in search of a vinilimation trading box so I could get the obsession really going. This being my first trade I was terrified of getting a bad one. Later on I learned not to worry because I would most likely be trading it anyways. I ended up with this guy

IMG_4436.jpg

We made our way up to the monorail. As I took that photo I walked into one of the monorail line railings, which made for a very crabby Alicia. But you’ve gotta give me a break it was close to 11 pm and I had been up since 4 am. Needless to say, the rest of the night was less than pleasant.

We sadly waved goodbye to Chef Mickey's and hopped on the monorail, then we had probably one of the biggest crabby moments of the entire trip.

IMG_4439.jpg

After getting on the monorail someone (I won’t name names) decided that it was a good idea to stay on until the transportation center and take a bus from there back to Saratoga Springs. I tried to tell them that we needed to get off at the Magic Kingdom now in order to beat the flood of people leaving the park after wishes but they wouldn’t listen.

So we got off at the transportation center and my mother asked security where the buses were. And he told them exactly what I tried to, the transportation center only shutters people to the parking lot and that the only place to catch a bus back was at Magic Kingdom. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs I told you so!!! Did I mention I am basically a 5 year old? I pouted instead and under my breath mumbled how i loved disney more than anyone because I knew better than to go to the transportation center and then I got yelled at for doing so. I just wanted a bed at this point.

We got back onto the monorail, which had no one, but the Crabby Eights on it, got off at the Magic Kingdom and got in the long line for the bus back to Saratoga Springs. What an unpleasant evening to and almost perfect day in Disney.

Would day two have a happier ending? Where would we go? What did our vacation have in store next for us? You will just have to wait and see!!

Tune In Next Time!!!

Subbing! I love counting Vera Bradley bags in the airport; they're so easy to spot and everyone has them.

I hate when no one believes me about something I know is right. It's probably my biggest pet peeve. Everything would go so much smoother if people just listened to me! :lmao:

Subbing!

I hate when no one believes me about something I know is right. It's probably my biggest pet peeve. Everything would go so much smoother if people just listened to me! :lmao:

thanks so much for joining in!!! :thumbsup2 i was afraid that since it has been so long since I last updated that people would lose interest. hope you enjoy :goodvibes

and tell me about it!!!! i think it happend on more then one occasion this vacation. i mean i basically study disney in my free time, just listen to me!!! :rotfl:

The Big Waves Were Scary!!!
August 17, 2011

After the night that we had on day one, we decided that day two would be a relaxing day. Which meant that we would sleep in…. until 8 am…? At least we weren’t getting up at the crack of dawn.

So my alarm went off at 8am I got up and got ready and then slowly began to wake up everyone else. Except the parents, they were slow going this entire trip. They had just recently taken Sam and her best friend on a graduation trip where they learned that you can take your time and that there is no rush. RUING THE MAGIC MUCH?!? This trip I was all about moving all the time and never sleeping they were killing my plan and it was only day 2!!!

Anyways while we waited I decided to snap some photos.

Here is a slightly sleepy Andy ready to have a relaxing day with no rushing.

IMG_4442.jpg

Here is Sam, getting ready for the day. As you can see I was pretty hyper and wanted to get moving. MOVE FASTER THERE IS FUN TO BE HAD!!!!

IMG_4445.jpg

We are a family of face makers.

This was the best part of the room, walking up to such a wonderful view

IMG_4446.jpg

IMG_4448.jpg

FINALLY!!! Everyone (minus Danielle and Adam who were still passed out and weren’t going with us because they had a DVC information presentation) was ready to head off for some fun in the sun. But first we had to get a door picture!

IMG_4449.jpg

IMG_4450.jpg

We got to the bus stop at 9:10, we must have waited for at least a little while because we took some family photos.

IMG_4454.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg

IMG_4455.jpg

We got on the bus and this got us excited to get there.

IMG_4458.jpg

IMG_4460.jpg

We arrived at Typhoon Lagoon at 9:45

As we made our way in to find some chairs I snapped a few water park shots.

IMG_4463.jpg

IMG_4462.jpg

This is Sam reenacting my “sassy jasmine pose” that I did on a family trip when I was like 4

IMG_4465.jpg

The water was looking so blue and inviting we couldn’t wait to jump in

IMG_4468.jpg

We grabbed some chairs in a nice shady area and we were off!!

IMG_4471.jpg

IMG_4470.jpg

First thing we did was crushin’ gusher because we knew that the lines would filll up really fast later on.

IMG_4513.jpg

Once that was out of the way we went to the wave pool that was pretty wave less so we went to the lazy river and took that over to the body slides. After doing one slide we went to check out the shark reef//snorkeling. We went in the big submarine and then headed in search of food

IMG_4512.jpg

IMG_4509.jpg

Then we used a snack credit on nachos (sorry no real picture, we were starving)

DSC04034.jpg

DSC04032.jpg

DSC04035.jpg

Tune In Next Time!!!

More Fun in the Sun
August 18, 2011

After Our snack we went back in the lazy river on a photo shoot!!

I took this waterproof bag that my mother bought for her money when they went whitewater rafting and just shoved my camera in there so we could get some photos of the day.

IMG_4490.jpg

IMG_4477.jpg

Now this is the life...

IMG_4478.jpg

IMG_4480.jpg

we got into a traffic jam, of course it happened at the part where the little kids get to spray you.

IMG_4484.jpg

IMG_4485.jpg

IMG_4497.jpg

IMG_4476.jpg

IMG_4475.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

IMG_4472.jpg

IMG_4503.jpg

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4505.jpg

Ma and pa enjoying a tropical drink and watching the waves come in

IMG_4516.jpg

We had another attempt at the wave pool, which was very crowded and once again had no real big waves. We decided it was about time to leave anyways, as I recall it was about 1:00 and we had to get back to the room and change.

On our way out we met up with Danielle and Adam for a quick second.

IMG_4520.jpg

DSC04048.jpg

Then we got a picture with alligator, it’s a tradition of ours.

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

We made our way to the bus stop, it took a while for the bus to get there (once again). What a happy mama bear, I guess the bus took a little longer than she would have liked.

IMG_4529.jpg

Once it did we were off to get changed and get some dinner.

So happy the bus finally showed up!!

IMG_4531.jpg

IMG_4532.jpg

Up next the is where this trip report should get interesting. We go out to dinner at two different places, I will make my best attempt to relive the dinner that I did not go to!!! Stay tuned

Tune In Next Time!!!

We made 37 pennies in one trip. I wonder how much Disney makes off of those machines. I mean Andy and I stop at every machine we see. I even downloaded a special Pressed Penny app for my iphone before we left. I am a hard core penny presser!

Loving your TR. Please keep it coming. BTW, what is the Pressed Penny app? I searched for one and could not find it. I have just started my collection and would love to have an app telling me where all the machines are located.

Loving your TR. Please keep it coming. BTW, what is the Pressed Penny app? I searched for one and could not find it. I have just started my collection and would love to have an app telling me where all the machines are located.

Thanks so much!!! I'm glad you are enjoying it :goodvibes i love to hear that people are reading a long, it makes me feel so loved :rotfl: I am hoping to be able to update on a regular basis now that my main show for the semester is over.

The app I got was for the iphone and it's called WDW coin. It says that it can be found in the entertainment section of the apps store. hope that helps!!!

You Can Always Go... Downtown!!!
August 18, 2011

Once we got back to the room we had to get ready quickly and get ready to head back out. We were going to be headed to Downtown Disney to do a little more shopping.

As the boys did some snacking Sam and I showered and got ready to head out.

Tonight was an out of park dinner so Sam, KC, Ma and Pa we headed over to Whispering Canyon. For Andy and I it was night of “not eating” because only had 7 table service meals and 8 days so we were off in search of something yummy and cheap.

But of course before we left… we HAD to take some door pictures. As you can tell from these, we spent the day in the pool and it was really sunny, look at that color haha

IMG_4540.jpg

I love Sam in this one

IMG_4539.jpg

We were off down the creepy and always abandoned hallway (seriously though
pretty sure that there was no one staying in this building, we never saw anyone!)

IMG_4541.jpg

We quickly made our way down the beautiful pathway. So happy to be in Disney.

IMG_4545.jpg

Andy LOVES the little lizards, he always tries to catch them. Then he saw that this one had no tale and backed off.

IMG_4543.jpg

5 minutes later we arrived here

IMG_4553.jpg

We were a little later than we anticipated so They went to catch a bus while Andy and I went to explore!!

We walked around trying to find someplace to eat. Our first idea was Rainforest Café, but we decided we have eaten at them all over (Tenessee, Boston, Niagara Falls, Florida) and basically they are all the same. So we went in the gift shop made a penny and then left. But first we got a photo of Andy and his favorite animal.

IMG_4554.jpg

We stopped in Goofy’s Candy company to look for our beloved Nemo/Dory cookies that we spent all of our snack credits on last trip. Sadly there we none to be found (on the entire trip, we were heart broken)

We went into Once Upon a Toy and looked around I believe we made a penny there.

Then we made our way down to Pollo what’s it called (the chicken place where McDonalds Use to be) and decided for some reason or another not to eat there.

Passed by some pretty cool lego work.

Hi, I’m not scared of you anymore!!!

IMG_4563.jpg

Looked at eating at T-Rex but decided that was probably to over priced for what we wanted

IMG_4564.jpg

Sorry T-Rex maybe next time… then we made our way back to the best decision we made on the entire trip!!!

I cannot even get over how happy I am that we made the decision that we did. For real. Ugh I want to eat it right now.

Incase you can’t tell by me simply drooling, we ended up at Earl of Sandwich.

A little back story about Andy and I, we are two (relatively) grown up people but we cannot talk to people who take our orders to save our lives and for some reason this line seemed really scary. Anyways. The way the line works is that you order your sandwich, go down the line and pick up your sides and then order drinks and pay. We were so confused it was hilarious. So we figure it out and get to the end of the line to pay and the guy asks “Does this complete your order?” and Andy just blurted out “No, I’m paying with cash” hahaha. I don’t know what he thought the guy said, but when Andy get nervous he hears things that were never said and has really funny was of responding. Like when we were in Pizzafari and he yelled at the old lady to tried to trade pins with him. Hahahaha…. Moving on.

Here is what we got.

IMG_4570.jpg

I got a veggie sub. Oh my goodness, I wish I could have one right now. It contained two of my favorite things feta cheese and roasted red peppers. And the bread, oh my gosh the bread toasted and warm… mmmmm I was in Heaven. I also had some potatoes salad, because I can never pass up potato salad. I am more a fan if mustard, this was dill, it was still pretty good.

IMG_4571-1.jpg

Andy got a Caribbean Jerk Chicken and he loved it, he was nervous at first because he is not the most adventurous eater but he devoured it.

IMG_4572.jpg

And then there was this beauty. I am a girl who love Jimmies (sprinkles)

IMG_4579.jpg

so, when I was younger I my ratio of ice cream to sprinkles was outrageous. So when I saw this I HAD TO HAVE IT. Let me tell you, it did not disappoint.

After we gobbled down our deliciousness we headed out to do some more schmoozing with the merchandise.

We went into the Art of Disney and I got some photos of things I could never in a million years afford but I liked to look at.

This was just to cute to pass up. It is my DREAM to have a Disney Fairytale Wedding!!!

IMG_4582.jpg

This one I liked because it reminded me of Andy and I (we sometimes have a little bit of a temper)

IMG_4583.jpg

From there it was time to move onto the other end of Downtown Disney. We were meeting up with Sam and KC at Disney quest.

On our way there we saw a living statue

IMG_4589.jpg

It was at this point that I began to wish that they had kept the Pleasure Island clubs open. We have old travel videos that show the nightlife of Disney and I wish I was old enough to enjoy them, like the Adventurer’s Club, I feel like I would have loved it!!! Anyways…

While we waited for Sam and Kc to show up I traded my Vinilimation and got a Grumpy

photo.jpg

When they showed up we went into Disney Quest. Which I was kind of disappointed in, the elevator usually shows a video and it didn’t. I was surprised how crowded it wasn’t in there. Usually we go and it takes forever to get things done, not the case this time.

So many of the things were closed down (like the entire top floor) and the internet cafe that they have upstairs and has always been pack. Was completely internet//peoples. We did cyber space mountain (always super fun) and then played some of the arcade games while we waited for the drawing class to start.

We got there like a half an hour early and we the very first people to sit down.

IMG_4590.jpg

IMG_4592.jpg

We were pretty excited. We ended up drawing Donald.

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4602.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

The guy who taught the class went so fast it made me nervous!!! It also didn’t help that it was so hard to erase on those machines, oh well we had fun.

Then we did Astro Blasters,

this is the car that Sam and KC were in.

IMG_4611.jpg

IMG_4613.jpg

man that game is intense and scary. I’m pretty sure I screamed the whole time.

The Pirate ship shooting game (which is another one that always makes me so nervous and screamy) this one was probably my favorite and the Jungle Crusie Game (which our grandmother fell out of one time)

It was about 10 so we decided to head back to the room because we had an early morning. the next day.

Little did we know it was a monsoon out. Literally it was a wall of water as we ran for the bus stop near Planet Hollywood. We caught a bus and we were on our way home for the night.

Tune In Next Time!!!

1) Um, who sleeps in at Disney?? My new not-so-secret strategy is to schedule REALLY EARLY breakfasts. My boyfriend knows I love breakfast and get super grumpy without it first thing in the morning so he's all for it. We'd never get up for rope drop without something planned.

2) Water parks look so fun! I wish I was a water person :(

3) I hate losing my favorite cookies. Or when I accidentally get almond or lemon flavored when I want vanilla. It's just not the same!! I want a nice sugar cookie with vanilla icing and sprinkles why is that hard.

4) There should always be more sprinkles than ice cream. ALWAYS.

5) That Grumpy is kind of creepy. Why isn't his face on the actual face? Why is it on the stomach/feet?

1) Um, who sleeps in at Disney?? My new not-so-secret strategy is to schedule REALLY EARLY breakfasts. My boyfriend knows I love breakfast and get super grumpy without it first thing in the morning so he's all for it. We'd never get up for rope drop without something planned.

2) Water parks look so fun! I wish I was a water person :(

3) I hate losing my favorite cookies. Or when I accidentally get almond or lemon flavored when I want vanilla. It's just not the same!! I want a nice sugar cookie with vanilla icing and sprinkles why is that hard.

4) There should always be more sprinkles than ice cream. ALWAYS.

5) That Grumpy is kind of creepy. Why isn't his face on the actual face? Why is it on the stomach/feet?

I don't know!! Sleeping is overrated. But i must admit, i did fall asleep on the bus once our twice but i swear that's only because they pump in sleeping gas through the air conditioning. i love the water parks, they are so relaxing unless they are crowded like they were this day!! SPRINKLES enough said :laughing: and the Grumpy was part of the big face collection or something. The one that i traded him for was one of my favorite ones of the trip but I am so happy with the one I ended up with at the end of the trip. I hope you keep reading until the end to see which one I am stuck with!!! And i also hope you are enjoying reading about our trip :goodvibes

So, I just discovered your TR and Im loving it:goodvibes

I had to comment though because Im leaving in 2 days to stay at a Grand Villas at SSR! I love seeing your pictures of it! The pictures on allears makes it seem kinda blah, but your pictures make it seem so nice! I also got such a better idea of the layout with your pictures! So thank you so much for posting them!!!

Cant wait for more of the TR!

So, I just discovered your TR and Im loving it:goodvibes

I had to comment though because Im leaving in 2 days to stay at a Grand Villas at SSR! I love seeing your pictures of it! The pictures on allears makes it seem kinda blah, but your pictures make it seem so nice! I also got such a better idea of the layout with your pictures! So thank you so much for posting them!!!

Cant wait for more of the TR!

2 days!!! How exciting :yay: I'm glad my photos helped you, if you have any questions feel free to ask but I am sure you will find it all out soon enough! I don't know if you are looking for a room in any specific area, but I would totally recomend Congress Park, although it is the last bus stop, it has an amazing view!! I hope that you enjoy your trip, if you do a report or anything let me know I would love to read about it! have fun and I hope you keep reading along :goodvibes

2 days!!! How exciting :yay: I'm glad my photos helped you, if you have any questions feel free to ask but I am sure you will find it all out soon enough! I don't know if you are looking for a room in any specific area, but I would totally recomend Congress Park, although it is the last bus stop, it has an amazing view!! I hope that you enjoy your trip, if you do a report or anything let me know I would love to read about it! have fun and I hope you keep reading along :goodvibes

Already requested Congress Park:thumbsup2 We stayed there in 2009 and it was great! We have our own car so the bus stop is not a problem. It was so quick to get to the main area or to DTD! And, since we leave property to eat often enough, it was convinent for getting off property.

Im not a TR writer, just a reader. I tried one once but it didnt work out.

I will definetely keep reading along!:goodvibes

I LOVE your trip report! I will definitely be borrowing some of your ideas, if you don't mind! Especially the 'Days Until Disney Magic' board! That is such an awesome idea! And I liked how you kept trading in your Vinilimations! I might do that when I go in January!
Can't wait to hear more about your trip! :3

I LOVE your trip report! I will definitely be borrowing some of your ideas, if you don't mind! Especially the 'Days Until Disney Magic' board! That is such an awesome idea! And I liked how you kept trading in your Vinilimations! I might do that when I go in January!
Can't wait to hear more about your trip! :3

YAY!!!!!! Thank you so much, I love to hear that people are reading along and enjoying it. That board is still sitting in my living room because I don't have the heart to take is apart :lmao: I never thought I would get into vinilimations but they are so much fun. I would always get so nervous when I would trade but it was so much fun, I totally recommend it!!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter