Craft beer drinkers unite

The Devil's Triangle should be included in the beer mug program. It's definitely better than your other draft options (although IIRC it's ONLY available at the one kiosk bar on the pool deck) but not as good an IPA as Cigar City Jai Alai, IMO.

Agreed, though I have to grudgingly admit (I love Cigar City beers, so this is hard to say) that Florida Beer's Swamp Ape appeals to my palate more than Jai Alai. I find Jai Alai to be a bit of a mess (kind of like the first Ruination) while Swamp Ape seems to be more balanced.I wish they had it on tap on the boat.

Anyone know if there are any breweries or places to get good beers on either of the port stops at Tortola or St. Thomas?

Anyone know if there are any breweries or places to get good beers on either of the port stops at Tortola or St. Thomas?
I do know that on St John there is the St John Brewers. We plan to make a stop there next week. http://www.stjohnbrewers.com/. If you don't want to go to St John, there's the Frenchtown Brewing Company, probably a short cab ride from the dock. Not sure about Tortola, as far as I can tell they are all about the rum :)

St. John Brewers' beer is horrid, but it's at least local. You can get it at most of the little bars in Havensight. There's a beer garden in downtown Charlotte Amalie. Frenchtown has opened since I was last there.

Beuchert's Beer Garden

St. John Brewers' beer is horrid, but it's at least local. You can get it at most of the little bars in Havensight. There's a beer garden in downtown Charlotte Amalie. Frenchtown has opened since I was last there.

Beuchert's Beer Garden

I was just checking the St. John Brewers site and it appears they make about 6 different types of beer. Which ones did you have that were not very good?

I was just checking the St. John Brewers site and it appears they make about 6 different types of beer. Which ones did you have that were not very good?

I'll have to check Untappd once my phone is done with its backup. I'll edit when I know.

Edit: I've had the Tropical Mango, Island Hoppin and Island Summer. I gave them each a single cap. They were boring malt bombs. Their IPA wasn't anywhere near what an IPA should be. I'm intrigued by their DIPA. When I'm back there next November I'll have to see if they're still making it.

FWIW, you can get their beer in the States too. New Jersey, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Maine all have it. I'm guessing it's contract brewed somewhere on the mainland.

Last edited:

For those of you with beer mug experience - it sounds like some of you bring your mug (or token) on multiple cruises, right? I'm wondering if I can order one and have DCL ship it to my dad for his birthday one month prior to our cruise... he can bring the token but not have to deal with bringing the mug home. It's on their gifts and amenities order page. I just want to make sure there isn't some vital step required to get it activated for re-use, that they would then try to charge him once we're on-board? And yes, I can call and ask, but I'd rather hear from people who have re-used mugs themselves than trust the CM will know how it works... accurately.

This thread has been pretty helpful as a beer lover. One question that I hope you folks could help with. We will be taking a car service from Disney World to Port Canaveral, where is the biggest craft selection en route to stop at?? We get one stop along the way with the car service. Also I love the idea of putting 2 750ml bottles in my wife's bag as if they are wine. That may be the most ingenious idea.
Thanks all.

For those of you with beer mug experience - it sounds like some of you bring your mug (or token) on multiple cruises, right? I'm wondering if I can order one and have DCL ship it to my dad for his birthday one month prior to our cruise... he can bring the token but not have to deal with bringing the mug home. It's on their gifts and amenities order page. I just want to make sure there isn't some vital step required to get it activated for re-use, that they would then try to charge him once we're on-board? And yes, I can call and ask, but I'd rather hear from people who have re-used mugs themselves than trust the CM will know how it works... accurately.

They won't ship it to you, but if you order it ahead of time a card will be waiting in the room with a message telling him he has a mug waiting for him at any of the bars.

There's no reactivation for later. You just present the token next time you board and get a mug full of beer. I typically walk up to Bon Voyage within minutes of boarding, get a beer and sit down to watch the other people boarding for a while. It's then, and only then, that I feel like I'm on vacation.

Last edited:
anyone have a current list of the offerings on the fantasy? and can you get a bottle of something if you have the mug, or is it just whatever is on draught?

anyone have a current list of the offerings on the fantasy? and can you get a bottle of something if you have the mug, or is it just whatever is on draught?

It's just draft, and the beer lists don't change enough on any DCL ship such that those shown three weeks ago have changed.

Fantasy taps were - Blue Moon, Lite, Devil's Triangle IPA, Sunshine State Pils, Bud Light, Jai Alai IPA, Guinness, Peroni, Budweiser. I might be missing a couple more. The locations of each were scattered about the ship at the different bars.

you said the magic word......Guinness

thank you

This I'm sure will come as no surprise, but the location of that one is in O'Gills. It's possible you may not be able to get that one until the afternoon though. But definitely from late afternoon on through midnight or later.

Fantasy taps were - Blue Moon, Lite, Devil's Triangle IPA, Sunshine State Pils, Bud Light, Jai Alai IPA, Guinness, Peroni, Budweiser. I might be missing a couple more. The locations of each were scattered about the ship at the different bars.
Where was Jai Alai on tap? I think the Florida Brewing beers were only available at one of the side kiosks on the pool deck.

Where was Jai Alai on tap? I think the Florida Brewing beers were only available at one of the side kiosks on the pool deck.

+1. I've never seen Jai Alai on tap on a Disney boat. If I did, I'd use my mug a bit more. If they had Swamp Ape on tap I'd use my mug exclusively. I'm very intrigued...

On Fantasy, the Jai Alai was on tap at Bon Voyage. That's the bar on deck 3 right off the atrium. Excellent bartenders there too. After a couple days, they'd have a big mug of it poured as soon as I walked up to the bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter