Craft beer drinkers unite

Will it be ok to bring a couple of teenagers in?
Yes, I believe that is fine. However, I suggest you send them an email, or FB message with any questions. They are very friendly and answered questions about the Junkanoo Festival that we watched while the Wonder was in Nassau on New Year's Day.

It's a very nice bar and they seem to be doing good business.

MUN

So when using the token, is it just a single token that you show each time you order, or tokens that are taken each time you order?

So when using the token, is it just a single token that you show each time you order, or tokens that are taken each time you order?
It's a token (actually a card) that you give them in exchange for the mug. Then they give you the card back when you ask for it, and they keep the mug.

image.jpeg

I get the token on board too. I brought the mug home and am debating if I want to lug it back to my next cruise or just get another one ...decisions decisions...
I think I brought one or two home and took one back to the ship before I figured out the token option. I have no interest/need to bring more mugs home so I just take the token off the ship and bring it back on the next cruise. I tend to turn in the mug when I am done for the day too. Those things are heavy!

Plus, with the advent of a few better options in cans/bottles I tend to go more with the package on cans/bottles.

I loved the Alaskan Amber on the Alaskan cruise and drank it a lot (whenever I wasn't drinking hot cocoa because I was freezing!), but they had no Samuel Adams, which is available on the Florida cruises. I guess Samuel Adams is just not that big on the west coast.

Alaskan Amber was a really great treat for us. One of the only other places to find it in the lower 48 is in Colorado, since they have a small batch brewery there to help enter beer competitions. We found some at a restaurant on the way up Mt. Evans.

Yes, I believe that is fine. However, I suggest you send them an email, or FB message with any questions. They are very friendly and answered questions about the Junkanoo Festival that we watched while the Wonder was in Nassau on New Year's Day.

It's a very nice bar and they seem to be doing good business.

MUN
Good idea! I messaged them, thanks. I am really looking forward to going there.

Good idea! I messaged them, thanks. I am really looking forward to going there.
Ahoy!! Absolutely! We have tours Monday - Saturday @ 11:30am and 2pm. Tours do come with a brew however you can always swap that out for a soft drink! Cheers shipmate!
In case anyone else is wondering... :-)

Ahoy!! Absolutely! We have tours Monday - Saturday @ 11:30am and 2pm. Tours do come with a brew however you can always swap that out for a soft drink! Cheers shipmate!
In case anyone else is wondering... :-)
Thanks for posting that! I emailed them about tours but hadn't heard back.

I think I brought one or two home and took one back to the ship before I figured out the token option. I have no interest/need to bring more mugs home so I just take the token off the ship and bring it back on the next cruise. I tend to turn in the mug when I am done for the day too. Those things are heavy!

Plus, with the advent of a few better options in cans/bottles I tend to go more with the package on cans/bottles.
I will be going on my first DCL cruise in 2017, so am reading and learning. Could someone please explain to me about the beer token? Thank you.

I will be going on my first DCL cruise in 2017, so am reading and learning. Could someone please explain to me about the beer token? Thank you.

$14.95 gets you a glass DCL mug that holds more beer than the standard beer bottle or glass. Whenever you get a beer, hand over the token or the glass (the token just replaces the glass so you don't have to lug it around) and pay the same price you would for a standard-sized beer. After a couple of days the Cove bartenders tend to know I have a token/glass and just grab a glass for me when they see me coming.

$14.95 gets you a glass DCL mug that holds more beer than the standard beer bottle or glass. Whenever you get a beer, hand over the token or the glass (the token just replaces the glass so you don't have to lug it around) and pay the same price you would for a standard-sized beer. After a couple of days the Cove bartenders tend to know I have a token/glass and just grab a glass for me when they see me coming.
Thank you

I stepped off the Fantasy almost one week ago and am sorry to report I didn't do a great job seeking out craft beer. Pretty much everything in this thread is correct from what I saw on deck. Pretty weak offerings so I switched to Rum for the week.

Pics I grabbed from the poolside beer tubs.

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/JP350Z/media/GOPR1002_zpsunftlnnl.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/JP350Z/media/GOPR0863_zpsqk5hzi0r.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/JP350Z/media/GOPR0864_zpswwrg2px2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/JP350Z/media/GOPR1003_zpsa3vkaq8f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Other tips for future cruises:

Strongly consider carrying on craft beer cans as bottles are easy to break inside your carry on. We boarded with a PAT of 10:30 so my 6 cans of Oscar Blues Old Chub weight a lot less than 6 bottles would for 3 hours waiting for our room to be ready. Plus it has a pretty high ABV and I like toasty malt Scottish Ales.

As far as ports go at Grand Cayman I found a nice spot called Calico Jacks than had buckets of 5 local beers for $20 US. Caybrew is weak but they had one called White Tip Lager that was much more flavorful and a portion of profits go to reef conservation.

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/JP350Z/media/GOPR0923_zps7a0xqlhn.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Cheers.
Thanks for posting this. We leave for the Fantasy in a couple of months and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get anything other than your standard beers. Hopefully the IPA on tap is included in the beer mug deal.

Does anyone have any recent info on beer bottle / can packages available and what beers are in them?

Thanks for posting this. We leave for the Fantasy in a couple of months and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get anything other than your standard beers. Hopefully the IPA on tap is included in the beer mug deal.

Even cooler? Those Florida Beer Company beers are brewed almost directly across the street from the Residence Inn and Country Inn and Suites. If you want to try them ahead of time, the brewery has a taproom. If you're there the Friday before a sailing you can tour the brewery.

http://www.floridabeer.com/

Even cooler? Those Florida Beer Company beers are brewed almost directly across the street from the Residence Inn and Country Inn and Suites. If you want to try them ahead of time, the brewery has a taproom. If you're there the Friday before a sailing you can tour the brewery.

http://www.floridabeer.com/

Yes I checked this and if you like beer seems like an absolute no brainer to get a 6 pack there and carry on board.

Yes I checked this and if you like beer seems like an absolute no brainer to get a 6 pack there and carry on board.
I think they have some of this beer on board? I am Canadian and hoping to try a variety of good craft beers I can't get here, that I haven't had yet. Looking to stop along the way from Disney world somewhere for my 6. Last time I stopped at Total Wine but am thinking maybe Knightly Spirits as I have never been there.

I think they have some of this beer on board? I am Canadian and hoping to try a variety of good craft beers I can't get here, that I haven't had yet. Looking to stop along the way from Disney world somewhere for my 6. Last time I stopped at Total Wine but am thinking maybe Knightly Spirits as I have never been there.

I was just saying taking a 6 on to save a few $$$. The cost of a 6 pack is probably about the same as one beer on board.

The Devil's Triangle should be included in the beer mug program. It's definitely better than your other draft options (although IIRC it's ONLY available at the one kiosk bar on the pool deck) but not as good an IPA as Cigar City Jai Alai, IMO.

The can/bottle packages are basically buy five get one free deals, but I can't remember if you have to buy at least 10 or if you can just buy five. I always have bought 20 and gotten four for free. You can mix and match six packs, and they are delivered to your room. You can keep them cold in your fridge or take a warm one to any bar that serves what you have and exchange it for a cold one.

I was just saying taking a 6 on to save a few $$$. The cost of a 6 pack is probably about the same as one beer on board.

Knightly is nowhere near as extensive as Total Wine. I've been to both in the past year.

As a side note, Sunseed Co-op in Cocoa Beach has a small but nice selection of craft beers. We stop there every time we are in town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter