CP apartments ans desktop computers

DisneyFam5

Mouseketeer
My son is heading down for Spring Advantage 2013. He's going to try for a room in Chatam, but could end up anywhere. Can any of you alums tell me if there is room in the different apartments for a desktop computer? He would prefer to bring that instead of a laptop, but we aren't sure if there is a spot to put it.

There are desks in the apartments, as long as every single roommate doesn't bring a desktop he'll be fine and as long as he doesn't mind it being in a common area.

Some kids from Chatam mentioned one desk in a hallway area. I suppose it depends on how big of an apartment you have too.

you can set it up with the tower between the bed and the night table, monitor on said nightstand. I did this both programs(once with an old fat monitor and then with a new fancy flat one. My tower is huge but it worked out great.)

You just sit on the bed to use the pc. :)

edit; I lived at PC, and also had a roommie who did the same. you can hide all the cords behind the table and bed to avoid inspection unfriendly clutter.

I lived in Chatham Square for my program (Spring Advantage 2010). I was in a four bedroom, and there is a "computer nook" in the hallway that had a place to plug in Ethernet cables and wireless routers.

Bringing a desktop shouldn't be a problem. There is a single desk in every apartment and in my apartment the only thing on the desk was the wireless router. Same goes for most of the apartments I saw in Chatham and Patterson, they were largely unused.

My dd says she would not recommend it. The desk is very small and its in the common area of the apartment. That means one person's computer would be commandeering common space which is unfair and also he'd have to use the computer while people are eating/cooking/watching tv/hanging out in the common area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter