• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Covid is there like it or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Facebook cruise groups are full of posts of people testing positive upon returning. HOWEVER, no way to know if the exposure came on the ship, the airport, the plane or in the ports.
Really no different the the situation with norovirus on cruise ships in 2003/2004. Just a fact of life if you choose to travel or engage in other potentially risky situations.

We have seen this play out in a number of our FB groups where many people report getting covid post sailing. This isn't a huge deal to many people assuming the you have enough time off from work to stay home and get well. I have also made sure to stock our home with cold meds, cough drops, ginger ale, soup, and vitamins as well as non perishables that could hold us over so that if we do come back sick we don't need to worry about running to the store. Is it overkill? Perhaps but I like being prepared.

The beauty of science and medicine is that we are now currently in a spot where getting Covid for most people is non life threatening. It will be a minor annoyance like most colds and flu. Part of the risk we take by living life.

Everyone could reduce their risk by participating in proper personal hygiene. Which is sad that it still need to be reminded to wash your hands and cover your cough. The amount of people I see a leave a restroom without washing their hands is disgusting.

And it would be awesome if people wore masks when they weren’t feeling well! Or at least stay home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter