Covid Fatigue

I only said that as some have said the government should reimburse companies for paid sick days. Mandatory paid sick days are fine but not on the tax payers dime.

Might be more expensive on the tax payers' dime to foot the bill for all the ICU care they, their coworkers and their families will need to receive after contracting Covid because it wasn't in their immediate best interests to stay home and get tested.

As more comes out about our lockdown in Ontario it seems all of construction has been deemed essential. I don't see the new measures doing much but hopefully I'm wrong.
I'm hoping they will start inspecting these places more. It feels like the issue is too many sectors of the economy keep pushing to not be affected. All it does makes us end up here.

Good article about closing outdoor activities by an epidemiologist.

"Chakrabarti adds that most of the COVID-patients he has treated contracted the virus from indoor settings.

“I've seen so many COVID patients and all of them have the same story. It is heavy, indoor transmission. And that's coming from either a workplace, a high-density workplace in manufacturing or industry, or a family member of that person,” Chakrabarti says."

https://www.cp24.com/news/closing-o...e-problem-worse-epidemiologist-says-1.5391532

Playground restrictions have been dropped in Ontario.
While I am glad to see that I don't agree on how it changed. This may come off bad but I can't stand the majority of people anymore. The whole playground thing is the final straw. I blame part of it on the government but much of the blame is all these lobbyist groups who only look out for their sector.

I say that cause originally the plan was to close all construction, limit the amount of workers at Amazon and other warehouses. The lobbyists pushed against it. Just like with everything else during Covid. No wonder we are in the situation we are.

While I am glad to see that I don't agree on how it changed. This may come off bad but I can't stand the majority of people anymore. The whole playground thing is the final straw. I blame part of it on the government but much of the blame is all these lobbyist groups who only look out for their sector.

I say that cause originally the plan was to close all construction, limit the amount of workers at Amazon and other warehouses. The lobbyists pushed against it. Just like with everything else during Covid. No wonder we are in the situation we are.

Yep people are literally dying because business don’t want to close or slow down.

No it doesn't work for testing but from what I have heard is that's not the complaing. The complaint I hear is they can't afford to stay home if sick.

It is easy. You get the money right away as long as you have direct deposit which most do. $900 is more then most make on minimum wage for 2 weeks.
Yes but this doesn’t solve the incidental sick problem where people are not supposed to go to work if they feel unwell. If they stay home and get a test, that’s 1-3 days work missed if the test is negative. This doesn’t qualify for the federal program (it’s less than a week) and these workers can’t afford to miss 1-3 days pay.

I'm hoping they will start inspecting these places more. It feels like the issue is too many sectors of the economy keep pushing to not be affected. All it does makes us end up here.

I agree. According to the order it's up to employers to determine if they are essential or not though.

If the rules would have been smart ones with the backing of science, they wouldn't have to change. The numbers surge wasn't due to toddlers in the playground.
No it wasn't but they do need better enforcement at playgrounds. There has been many times where its packed with people. Most don't wear masks and very little social distancing.

They have tried to make rules that follow science. Construction was supposed to be shutdown and they were going to put in more restrictions on warehouses and factories that don't have anything to do with non essential items. Unfortunately those people whined and got their way. They never did anything to them. It's been that way since day 1. I'm sorry but they need to stop catering to pushback.

I'm sorry if I have come rude and angry. I'm just very tired of all of this. Between the whining and complaining non stop of rules and how people treat each other, I've lost respect for most people. I've learned through this is all people do is only look out for whats best for them.

Last edited:
No it wasn't but they do need better enforcement at playgrounds. There has been many times where its packed with people. Most don't wear masks and very little social distancing.

They have tried to make rules that follow science. Construction was supposed to be shutdown and they were going to put in more restrictions on warehouses and factories that don't have anything to do with non essential items. Unfortunately those people whined and got their way. They never did anything to them. It's been that way since day 1. I'm sorry but they need to stop catering to pushback.

I'm sorry if I have come rude and angry. I'm just very tired of all of this. Between the whining and complaining non stop of rules and how people treat each other, I've lost respect for most people. I've learned through this is all people do is only look out for whats best for them.
It’s really like poor parenting. The kid whines and makes a great, big, noisy fuss, the parent relents and gives in. So much of what happens in society these days is like bad parenting. Really discouraging.

Anecdotal, but also some news headlines from US papers. It's a small percentage, less than 1% so likely isn't included in changing that 100% stat. There are no details given in what I found regarding how long after their second dose the person ended up with COVID and hospitalized, the article basically encourages people to remain vigilant and mask/social distance even after getting their vaccines.
Most recent statistics from CDC...out of 77 million US people fully vaccinated, 5800 have been infected by Covid. That's 0.000075%. Of those, 74 out of 77 mill have died. That's 0.00000096%. I'll take those odds and add that risk of developing blood clots from birth control pills is greater than developing blood clots from AZ or JJ vaccine. Vaccines are safe, effective.
Yup. We've dealt with this too - "Why does so and so get to have a playdate and we can't?"

There's been plenty of US and Canada news reports about it. Michigan is an example - a news link was shared in another thread a few days ago, I believe it was almost 300 cases of Covid in vaccinated people. A day or two ago here (NB) it was shared in a press conference that a few of the ICU cases in our hotzone, are vaccinated patients. The vaccine is not 100% effective. No vaccine is.

Because there aren't any where we are.
Latest numbers from CDC...out of 77 mill fully vaccinated in US, 5800 have become infected. That's 0.000075%. Out of those, 74 have died. That's 0.00000096% of those fully vaccinated. I'll take those odds and raise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter