Covid Fatigue

Totally . Mostly I feel for my kids as we loved in the USA and they are watching their friends play sports, have grad, proms.. I honestly was worried about my oldest wanting to move back . He didn’t go to school, didn’t have a job bc there was no hockey .. his life is 100% diff.
Now i worry he will want to go down for the playoffs .. and honestly if his friend makes the Stanley cup finals , I can’t blame him .. praying he’d be vax by then , but it’s a possible once in a lifetime .

Yes. I'm finding this March/April/Spring Break in Ontario hard....what can we actually do? Esp. that is not more of what we have already been doing for the last 13 months. I'd hope to do some more outdoor, masked if in close proximity, visits with family that live in another region but now with the numbers the way that they are, I'm not sure that we should. We were people that actually did relatively well in lockdown 1, finding new things to do, etc. But kind of hitting a wall now. Need to find some new interests maybe?

My son is 17 and he said today “this feels exactly like watching all the kids who don’t give a crap or even try get the same privileges as the kids who follow all the rules .”
He wasn’t saying these places don’t deserve their good fortune, just that it’s hard to keep doing the right thing and be no further ahead.
I can’t even go in the trip planning and reports forums . It’s like nothing has changed for them while I’m sitting in my house dreaming of better days . Sigh .

This year has been so hard and I'm so tired. 3rd stay at home orders in Ontario. Since the first orders last March my son was deployed to the long term care home, my mom was diagnosed and passex away (in less the 3 months) of cancer, I've moved, moved my dad and now 2 of my kids are missing their high school grads and one of my son's has missed his leadership camp 2 years in a row. My youngest hasn't played with kids hos age in a year nowamd I have become a hermit and hardly even put on regular clothes. I've cancelled 4 trips to Disney and 2 cruises and now we are on the verge of cancelling our anniversary trip to Ottawa next month. I'm about over it all and feel very discouraged and angry that the rest of the world seems to be moving on while we feel like we are sinking. I try to stay positive but I definitely need something to change

This one is hard. My son has friends who ask him if he wants to go play basketball with them. I've explained we aren't supposed to be socializing with other households and he's ok with my answer for now. But it's hard when we are doing what we're supposed to and still things are crappy. As much as I love the nice weather, I am kind of hoping for some rain so people will stay home.

I am really hoping that 4 weeks of lockdown/stay at home orders is enough to make a difference, get people vaccinated, stop the spread, and that it leads to a better summer. But it sure is hard when we hear about people getting sick even when they are vaccinated. And not just a bit sick but hospitalized sick. I want all of this to be over and life to look more normal again. I want to be able to plan trips, to not be afraid of seeing people when I walk the dog, to be able to go back to store and take my time looking at things.

This year has been so hard and I'm so tired. 3rd stay at home orders in Ontario. Since the first orders last March my son was deployed to the long term care home, my mom was diagnosed and passex away (in less the 3 months) of cancer, I've moved, moved my dad and now 2 of my kids are missing their high school grads and one of my son's has missed his leadership camp 2 years in a row. My youngest hasn't played with kids hos age in a year nowamd I have become a hermit and hardly even put on regular clothes. I've cancelled 4 trips to Disney and 2 cruises and now we are on the verge of cancelling our anniversary trip to Ottawa next month. I'm about over it all and feel very discouraged and angry that the rest of the world seems to be moving on while we feel like we are sinking. I try to stay positive but I definitely need something to change
I am so so sorry for your loss :(

Yes. I'm finding this March/April/Spring Break in Ontario hard....what can we actually do? Esp. that is not more of what we have already been doing for the last 13 months. I'd hope to do some more outdoor, masked if in close proximity, visits with family that live in another region but now with the numbers the way that they are, I'm not sure that we should. We were people that actually did relatively well in lockdown 1, finding new things to do, etc. But kind of hitting a wall now. Need to find some new interests maybe?

YES. I've hit a wall here in BC, too.

Take heart folks, the USA may be opening up but their cases are rising again with the variants being dominant. They are not out of the woods yet and opening up too early will not be good. AUS and NZ are smaller and islands so much easier to contain.
We’re nearing the finish line but with the variants, just have to be vigilant for a little longer. We’re all tired but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Soon we will all be vaccinated and restrictions can ease.

Personally our dogs have been amazing for our mental health through all this. They force us to go outside and enjoy nature, no matter the weather. We go to large off leash dog parks that have wide paths so we don’t get too close to other humans. They’ve been great companions for me working from home most of the last 13 months as well.

My kids have been really good. My son plays online games with his friends so is mostly ok without a lot of face to face. My daughter is facing graduation this year but in what form, we still don’t know. The school is still hoping some restrictions may be eased by then. She is pretty good and takes most of it in stride. She has seen a couple of friends lately outdoors only as in BC we can meet in small groups outdoors now.

Ellbell- So sorry for your loss ..

HDRolfe- yep hard to explain to my kids why they can’t go play with other kids when the whole neighbourhood seems to be at the playground together . ( including high school kids ha going out in groups )
We live in townhouses and my neighbours are out 24/7 it feels so our 8x8 piece of grass is unsafe so outdoor time is a PITA I have to load everyone up and drive off ..
I wish I didn’t care that I could just let them go , I simply can’t .
And yes I worry about even with vaxs . I check PA stats often bc my ex always brags how much better they are . They have 36% with 1 vax 19.6 % fully vaxed and over 5k new cases today .. hmm

We are all definitely tired of it for sure. We almost went to Florida in the winter and now regretting our decision that we didn't. I have no idea if camp will happen for my 17 yo son this summer (he's a leader), and if it doesn't I don't know how he/we will handle it all. It feels hopeless and bleak sometimes for sure. I'm also a travel agent which means I'm only booking for 2022 and beyond and that seems really far away to be getting some sort of salary.

Take heart folks, the USA may be opening up but their cases are rising again with the variants being dominant. They are not out of the woods yet and opening up too early will not be good. AUS and NZ are smaller and islands so much easier to contain.
We’re nearing the finish line but with the variants, just have to be vigilant for a little longer. We’re all tired but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Soon we will all be vaccinated and restrictions can ease.

Personally our dogs have been amazing for our mental health through all this. They force us to go outside and enjoy nature, no matter the weather. We go to large off leash dog parks that have wide paths so we don’t get too close to other humans. They’ve been great companions for me working from home most of the last 13 months as well.

My kids have been really good. My son plays online games with his friends so is mostly ok without a lot of face to face. My daughter is facing graduation this year but in what form, we still don’t know. The school is still hoping some restrictions may be eased by then. She is pretty good and takes most of it in stride. She has seen a couple of friends lately outdoors only as in BC we can meet in small groups outdoors now.

My dog is a jerk and hates
We are all definitely tired of it for sure. We almost went to Florida in the winter and now regretting our decision that we didn't. I have no idea if camp will happen for my 17 yo son this summer (he's a leader), and if it doesn't I don't know how he/we will handle it all. It feels hopeless and bleak sometimes for sure. I'm also a travel agent which means I'm only booking for 2022 and beyond and that seems really far away to be getting some sort of salary.

I hear ya on the wishing you went. We’ve pretty much decided we will be going for Xmas unless things go completely crazy and I think dec will be 2 years if it’s not better by then it may never be ..

But it sure is hard when we hear about people getting sick even when they are vaccinated. And not just a bit sick but hospitalized sick.

can you point me to any sources for this information? I've not seen anything about this and I'm extremely confident it would be screaming at us from every direction. The stats the doctors and scientists are using to convince people to get vaccinated, even if they're hesitant, is the 100% no hospitalization or death after getting jabbed. There are enough people who would love to discredit that I'm sure it would be at the top of every news headlines.

not trying to be argumentative but wanting to be able to share accurate information that's not anecdotal.

can you point me to any sources for this information? I've not seen anything about this and I'm extremely confident it would be screaming at us from every direction. The stats the doctors and scientists are using to convince people to get vaccinated, even if they're hesitant, is the 100% no hospitalization or death after getting jabbed. There are enough people who would love to discredit that I'm sure it would be at the top of every news headlines.

not trying to be argumentative but wanting to be able to share accurate information that's not anecdotal.

Anecdotal, but also some news headlines from US papers. It's a small percentage, less than 1% so likely isn't included in changing that 100% stat. There are no details given in what I found regarding how long after their second dose the person ended up with COVID and hospitalized, the article basically encourages people to remain vigilant and mask/social distance even after getting their vaccines.

Anecdotal, but also some news headlines from US papers. It's a small percentage, less than 1% so likely isn't included in changing that 100% stat. There are no details given in what I found regarding how long after their second dose the person ended up with COVID and hospitalized, the article basically encourages people to remain vigilant and mask/social distance even after getting their vaccines.
That's due to it taking time for the vaccines to work. The don't instantly work, I read it takes up to a couple of weeks for the full effect.

I understand what many of you are saying, we miss Disney, we miss the Florida beaches, we miss our normal activities at home. Life has become kind of blah some day. I have to look harder for the good things. We are still hopeful for a trip south this fall or over the next winter but the news some days sure makes it seem hopeless. I also find it hard seeing people in other countries doing many of the things we want to do. Hopefully with a little more time things will improve and we can have a good summer.

I understand what many of you are saying, we miss Disney, we miss the Florida beaches, we miss our normal activities at home. Life has become kind of blah some day. I have to look harder for the good things. We are still hopeful for a trip south this fall or over the next winter but the news some days sure makes it seem hopeless. I also find it hard seeing people in other countries doing many of the things we want to do. Hopefully with a little more time things will improve and we can have a good summer.
For my family we gave up looking to travel outside of Canada for a bit. By summer I have a feeling things will be open. We made plans for Montreal for a week and visiting La Ronde. Another plan is Collingwood for a few days. It helps as it gives us something to look forward to.

I know many are missing Disney but why not visit amusement parks here to get that fix. I know it's not quite the same but it's still rides.

I have no evidence except that I know someone personally who had their FIRST jab and is now on their death bed in the ICU. It was two weeks post shot that they came down with it. Based on what our PHO said, one shot should have been enough to keep away severe cases and hospitalization. Obviously that’s not true :(

For my family we gave up looking to travel outside of Canada for a bit. By summer I have a feeling things will be open. We made plans for Montreal for a week and visiting La Ronde. Another plan is Collingwood for a few days. It helps as it gives us something to look forward to.

I know many are missing Disney but why not visit amusement parks here to get that fix. I know it's not quite the same but it's still rides.
None of our amusement parks are open. Canada's wonderland has been closed for over a year and last year I made a reservation to take the kids to Great Wolf Lodge for q change of scenery and they kept postponing the opening and as of today they aren't opening until September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter