• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Covid Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the Urgent Care Cocoa Beach Doctor where they live 7 months/year. All owners/renters of the Ocean front condos travel to Disney a lot (only 55 minutes away). I snowbirded there for 3 months and so many are coming/going to Disney. It didn't surprise me one bit they asked about Disney.
Yup that's what I thought, in FL, that's why I was saying it depends on where you live. Being within an hour or so of Disney an urgent care is much more likely to have repeated people who come in positive and share a commonality of WDW..middle of the country where I live? Not so much. But I can totally imagine testers here asking if someone recently traveled as that adds in transportation and many more people from all over to a potential exposure opportunity.

Well, at least you know now that those people have NO morals. Hopefully, you can avoid them, I sure would.

They're out there for sure. I have a customer who just told me on Friday that her daughter's best friends family all went to France recently....they all got covid while there and yet...they when the positive tests returned....the father of the family pushed two hundred euro notes forward....and the family of four all got negative results uploaded to their phones. My customer wanted me to be sure to know that the family of four "triple masked" on the way home. I thought, yeah...ok, I'm sure they did. So, that kind of stuff has been happening for sure. Now that there's no testing, it will continue to happen, but some of those people won't even bother to wear masks. So...travel at your own risk, wear a KN95 minimum....N95 if you can't take it....and you'll probably be okay.

And if you're wearing a KN95 like I see most people wearing them....you're not doing it right. Go to You Tube and watch a video about how to properly wear one.

We were there from May 12-16. It was my DH (61), me (59) and DS (28). We consulted with our doctor for appropriate mask protocol before we left. Also, all of us are vaxxed and twice boosted. Our doctor said to mask on the plane, buses, indoors, and outdoors in crowds (parades, fireworks), wash our hands frequently, and eat outdoors. We wore KN95s and ate breakfast in our villa at Jambo, lunch outdoors and dinner indoors because we couldn’t get outdoor dining reservations. Inside restaurants, we kept masks on, except while eating. We had a great time and no one got COVID.

We just returned today. Arrived Sunday June 12th, one of our party tested postive last night. We are fully vaccinated.
Luckily we drove so we could still get home.
Party was 2 adults and 5 kids. 2 of the kids had it previously. All are vaccinated.
I'm regretting going now. It was super crowded and they are cramming people in to the ques.
I knew there was a risk and I don't blame Disney.
My DH is currently pretty sick and I still haven't had it.
I just wish we hadn't gone but we didn't want to disappoint the kids and we were just tired of doing nothing.

We just returned today. Arrived Sunday June 12th, one of our party tested postive last night. We are fully vaccinated.
Party was 2 adults and 5 kids. 2 of the kids had it previously. All are vaccinated.
I'm regretting going now. It was super crowded and they are cramming people in to the ques.
I just wish we hadn't gone but we didn't want to disappoint the kids and we were just tired of doing nothing.
Oh no…I hope your DH will get well soon ❤️

I understand and hope he feels better. I got it in May from WDW despite all of us wearing Kn95s indoors and no eating inside. DH got it from me but DD9 never got it. I am so thankful we drove as well. It was our first time getting covid and our 5th post covid Disney trip. It’s everywhere and so contagious. we are just going to travel (but not fly because airlines are a hot mess), pack some rapid tests and masks, and enjoy.

Sorry to hear of infections. We’ve been twice since May, 4+ days each trip, negative on return each time.
Same here. It's one of the many things I'll never figure out. go frequently. Not just to Disney, but everywhere. In very heavy crowds actually. No distancing, no masking for anyone around. Both indoor events and outdoor events. We don't use hand sanitizer or do anything beyond regular hand washing. Yet we never get sick, with anything, not just not with Covid. But not even flu or colds. We are nearly 60 and overweight but otherwise in good health, no risk categories outside of weight. How is it that others take every precaution in the book and still get sick? It just really leaves one scratching their head trying to wrap your head around it all

I'd love for everyone to be able to go like we do and have no worries and stay very healthy. It's got to be no fun to go around worried you'll come home sick and have to take off work, etc.

They're out there for sure. I have a customer who just told me on Friday that her daughter's best friends family all went to France recently....they all got covid while there and yet...they when the positive tests returned....the father of the family pushed two hundred euro notes forward....and the family of four all got negative results uploaded to their phones. My customer wanted me to be sure to know that the family of four "triple masked" on the way home. I thought, yeah...ok, I'm sure they did. So, that kind of stuff has been happening for sure. Now that there's no testing, it will continue to happen, but some of those people won't even bother to wear masks. So...travel at your own risk, wear a KN95 minimum....N95 if you can't take it....and you'll probably be okay.

And if you're wearing a KN95 like I see most people wearing them....you're not doing it right. Go to You Tube and watch a video about how to properly wear one.
I know you said they were positive and got out of it but in some cases it isn't just those folks coming back positive. We went to Mexico in April for a destination wedding for a family member. The resort provided the Covid test for our return. If you can call it a test. I'll put it this way, there's no way anyone would ever fail the test they administered. Now, no one in our group was positive so we didn't travel sick. Just saying that the testing they did was purely going through the motions. I guess it should have been no big surprise, they put anyone who tested positive up for free until they were cleared to return home. They did not want to put folks up, obviously.

I know you said they were positive and got out of it but in some cases it isn't just those folks coming back positive. We went to Mexico in April for a destination wedding for a family member. The resort provided the Covid test for our return. If you can call it a test. I'll put it this way, there's no way anyone would ever fail the test they administered. Now, no one in our group was positive so we didn't travel sick. Just saying that the testing they did was purely going through the motions. I guess it should have been no big surprise, they put anyone who tested positive up for free until they were cleared to return home. They did not want to put folks up, obviously.
Oh, I'm sure that heads were turned in Mexico for sure....they've been wide open to tourism very early on in the pandemic. They opened up their border to U.S. travelers pretty quickly. I hope we have your luck and not get Covid. We recently got our second booster, so we're not afraid of getting Covid, just would be a bummer to be sick at such a nice resort. But...like you said, at times it really does seem that there is no rhyme or reason to who gets it and who doesn't. My husband's parents both got the first Omicron wave earlier this past spring. My FIL got a round of monoclonal antibodies. My MIL was hospitalized at that same time for another issue and tested positive, she got paxlovid. Neither had serious symptoms. The new Omicron variants are more transmissible....but again, have heard of a couple of young healthy people being pretty sick. So....fingers crossed I guess.

Same here. It's one of the many things I'll never figure out. go frequently. Not just to Disney, but everywhere. In very heavy crowds actually. No distancing, no masking for anyone around. Both indoor events and outdoor events. We don't use hand sanitizer or do anything beyond regular hand washing. Yet we never get sick, with anything, not just not with Covid. But not even flu or colds. We are nearly 60 and overweight but otherwise in good health, no risk categories outside of weight. How is it that others take every precaution in the book and still get sick? It just really leaves one scratching their head trying to wrap your head around it all

I'd love for everyone to be able to go like we do and have no worries and stay very healthy. It's got to be no fun to go around worried you'll come home sick and have to take off work, etc.
You are blessed with good genes.

Fully vaccinated and boosted, have all managed to avoid it until last week at Disney. My wife started feeling bad otw home. Tested positive the next morning along with my youngest daughter (very mild symptoms for the youngling). Tuesday morning I woke up feeling like I was hit by 2 motorized wheelchairs (well, I was but that was much earlier in the trip 🤣). I also tested positive even though I quarantined both of them to their rooms and we were all wearing double masks anytime I took them anything.

She works at a dr office and they had 3 patients come back from WDW with it as well. Be careful, luckily we’re all pretty healthy otherwise, she’s past the worst of her symtoms already, hopefully mine start to fade today.

I also tested positive even though I quarantined both of them to their rooms and we were all wearing double masks anytime I took them anything.
It could have been that you all were exposed at the same time and symptoms took a while for each of you to show up or it could have been the car ride home (or whatever method of transportation you took) where you were exposed to them after they had been exposed. You're contagious typically 1-2 days before symptoms begin (and still contagious after symptoms begin) therefore masking afterwards to close ones may only go so far. It would help much more though if you were masked in the event you're around others who had yet to be exposed when you are contagious.

It could have been that you all were exposed at the same time and symptoms took a while for each of you to show up or it could have been the car ride home (or whatever method of transportation you took) where you were exposed to them after they had been exposed. You're contagious typically 1-2 days before symptoms begin (and still contagious after symptoms begin) therefore masking afterwards to close ones may only go so far. It would help much more though if you were masked in the event you're around others who had yet to be exposed when you are contagious.

Yeah, I know… we were just taking precautions just in case I did manage to not get it at the same time.

My oldest is still negative, no symtoms. 🤞

We were there from May 12-16. It was my DH (61), me (59) and DS (28). We consulted with our doctor for appropriate mask protocol before we left. Also, all of us are vaxxed and twice boosted. Our doctor said to mask on the plane, buses, indoors, and outdoors in crowds (parades, fireworks), wash our hands frequently, and eat outdoors. We wore KN95s and ate breakfast in our villa at Jambo, lunch outdoors and dinner indoors because we couldn’t get outdoor dining reservations. Inside restaurants, we kept masks on, except while eating. We had a great time and no one got COVID.
I was there April 17-23. Not boosted, kids not vaxxed. Never wore a mask. No COVID.

I was there April 17-23. Not boosted, kids not vaxxed. Never wore a mask. No COVID.

Glad you didn't get it. A lot of people seem to be reporting getting it at WDW from mid-May to mid-June. And even though reporting is way down and not as accurate as it once was, the trends are holding true. There was less covid around in mid-late April....the numbers tripled by mid-may, and seem to have peaked and be retreating now.

Just want to say that it's not just at WDW right now where you're most likely to get Covid - it's at any public space. I posted last friday that my parents got Covid at WDW and as of yesterday I tested positive for Covid as well. My parents are in a different state than me and I haven't been to WDW since mid May where I only came back with a mild cold from that trip. The only places I've been to are grocery stores in my area, so I most likely got it from one of them. I am vaxxed and have all of the boosters for my age group and I wear a mask everywhere I go. My symptoms aren't severe but man Covid is no joke : P

We have been 3x in pandemic times. 1) Last August went to WDW - masks required in all indoor locations, cases were on the rise at that time, but not full blown, but nobody got sick. 2) went to DL this past spring break (late March) cases were low, no mask (did mask on planes), nobody got sick. 3) Went to WDW this past June 2-8, masked on plane, no masks in parks and DH and myself got it. DS did not, he had it a month prior from school. DH and I are vaxed and boosted. Booster was just about 6 months in the past (sometime in mid December).

I felt a very vague scratchy throat on the plane ride home. Didn't test positive for a few days, but the virus hit harder a few days later. Many say it's like a mild cold, and frankly I didn't really have that many cold symptoms, but I ran a low grade fever for about 3 days, so to me, definitely worse than a cold. Any fever, even low grade makes me feel very icky. DH had a fever for several days as well. Definitely more than a cold. I also can't smell or taste well. Probably 20% of what I used to have. It's disappointing, don't know if it will come back. I just wanted to have a normal week, I know, I know. We dodged it for 2.5 years but it caught us.

Also, our friends just came back--all vaxed and boosted (I think maybe even 2x boosted, not sure). They arrived home just two days ago (6/20) and one tested positive the next day. Felt sore throat and ears popping on plane. Another person in that party has cold-like symptoms so far but no positive test (yet).

I am hearing that social media is full of reports of people coming home with covid. Not blaming anybody, just disappointed since WDW is my 'happy place.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter