Countdown to Magic & Merriment and Disapalooza!!! **What to Wear 12/7**

Your trip sounds great! I took a solo trip one time and I loved it. We will be taking a big family trip this year. We will be there the 16th-24th. This will be our third Christmas trip and it is my very favorite time to go. You will LOVE IT!

Oh, Trish. I wish I were a baker but alas I am not. :sad2: The following is as close as I get. Note: follow instructions closely.

1) Drive to nearest market
2) Purchase Pillsbury slice & bake cookie dough
3) Pick up a bottle of wine while you're there
4) Check-out
5) Drive home
6) Open & pour wine
7) Drink wine
8) Open package
9) Drink more wine
10) Slice
11) Bake
12) More wine while you wait

;)

I really have no merit for the following recipe. I found it on the Kraft recipe website. I love it because it has cream cheese, chocolate, and is super easy to make (I'm a very bad cook).

Simply Sensational Truffles

What You Need
2-1/2 pkg. (8 squares each) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate (20 squares), divided
1 pkg. (250 g) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened

Make It

MELT 8 chocolate squares as directed on package. Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Blend in melted chocolate. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.

COVER baking sheet with waxed paper. Shape chocolate mixture into 36 balls, using about 2 tsp. for each. Place in single layer on prepared baking sheet.

MELT remaining chocolate. Use toothpicks to dip truffles in chocolate; return to tray. Decorate as desired. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is firm.

kraft kitchens tips

Special Extra
Roll truffles in 1/2 cup chopped nuts, crushed peppermint candies or coloured sprinkles immediately after dipping in melted chocolate.
Size-Wise
Sweets can add enjoyment to a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
How to Store
Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

Your trip sounds great! I took a solo trip one time and I loved it. We will be taking a big family trip this year. We will be there the 16th-24th. This will be our third Christmas trip and it is my very favorite time to go. You will LOVE IT!

What a great time to go! And I hear the crowds are relatively light at that point as well. We will get things warmed up for you!:goodvibes

Oh, Trish. I wish I were a baker but alas I am not. :sad2: The following is as close as I get. Note: follow instructions closely.

1) Drive to nearest market
2) Purchase Pillsbury slice & bake cookie dough
3) Pick up a bottle of wine while you're there
4) Check-out
5) Drive home
6) Open & pour wine
7) Drink wine
8) Open package
9) Drink more wine
10) Slice
11) Bake
12) More wine while you wait

;)

Now that sounds like some directions I can follow!:rotfl:

I really have no merit for the following recipe. I found it on the Kraft recipe website. I love it because it has cream cheese, chocolate, and is super easy to make (I'm a very bad cook).

What You Need

Make It

MELT 8 chocolate squares as directed on package. Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Blend in melted chocolate. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.

COVER baking sheet with waxed paper. Shape chocolate mixture into 36 balls, using about 2 tsp. for each. Place in single layer on prepared baking sheet.

MELT remaining chocolate. Use toothpicks to dip truffles in chocolate; return to tray. Decorate as desired. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is firm.

kraft kitchens tips

Special Extra
Roll truffles in 1/2 cup chopped nuts, crushed peppermint candies or coloured sprinkles immediately after dipping in melted chocolate.
Size-Wise
Sweets can add enjoyment to a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
How to Store

Mmmmmmmm....truffles!!! ;)

Congrats to ronmel, 2xcited2sleep and haleofafamily. 3 entries and 3 coupons....too easy! Thanks all! I will PM your coupon codes now. :)

Halifax Loves Boston

94 years ago today, our town of Halifax, Nova Scotia experienced the most tragic event in our city's 262 year history. On December 6, 1917, in the middle of World War I, our city was a bustling hub of activity. We played host to hundreds of ships across North America, many of which used our city as their last stop to refuel and restock their vessels before setting sail across the Atlantic en route to war.

In the very early morning hours of December 6, 1917, tragedy unfolded when the Belgian relief vessel Imo crossed paths and collided with a French munitions vessel, the Mont Blanc. The collision between the two vessels, and resulting fire on the ships, (which many unsuspecting Haligonians came down to the waterfront to watch) ultimately ignited a stockpile of ammunition stored in the lower deck of the Mont Blanc. The end result was a devestating explosion which annihilated the city, killing over 2,000 people and injuring over 9,000 more, and ignited fires throughout the city. Then, the very next day, the city was struck by a freak blizzard which only added to the devastation and loss.

The event itself is popularly known as the Halifax Explosion, and to this day remains the world's largest man-made accidental explosion. It completely crippled a once proud and bustling town which more than did it's share to assist the war effort by providing refuge to so many ships throughout the war effort.

In the devestating aftermath which followed, Halifax found itself without sufficient doctors, nurses and medical supplies to attend to the thousands injured in the blast. While many towns across New England and Atlantic and Eastern Canada sent personnel and supplies, it was the city of Boston which really stepped up and provided the quickest and most significant support to our fledging town.

As a result, the following December in 1918, Halifax sent the City of Boston a Christmas Tree as a special thanks for all of its immediate contributions in the aftermath of the explosion. In 1971 this Christmas Tree donation was revived, and has continued every year since.

Boston2011-01.jpg

Last week we watched the telecast of the lighting of the Boston Christmas Tree, which came from southwest Nova Scotia, with special pride, full of gratitude for our great American neighbours. :goodvibes

events888.jpg

Thank you Boston! :)

That's is a wonderful tradition and the tree is absolutely stunning!

Thank you for sharing this bit of history with us. I love our Canadian neighbors!

I'm a bit of a history geek & had never heard of this tragedy. Thanks for informing us of this. A great tradition to be revived. Thanks again!:thumbsup2

I had never heard of the Halifax Explosion -- what a horrible tragedy. :(

The Boston Christmas tree looks stunning -- what a nice gesture from one city to another.

What You Need

Make It

kraft kitchens tips

Special Extra
Size-Wise
How to Store

These would go really well with my favourite Christmas drink-Irish cream liquor coffee- 1 large measure of cream liquor (Baileys is good:)), fill up mug with coffee leaving a wee gap at the top for whipped cream and then dust with cocoa! YUM:). Tastes even better when kids are safely tucked up in bed lol

That is a lovely guesture to commemorate a horrible tragedy!

The best in human nature frequently comes out in full force in these types of tragedies, doesn't it? :goodvibes

That's is a wonderful tradition and the tree is absolutely stunning!

It is, isn't it!

Thank you for sharing this bit of history with us. I love our Canadian neighbors!

Thanks!

I'm a bit of a history geek & had never heard of this tragedy. Thanks for informing us of this. A great tradition to be revived. Thanks again!:thumbsup2

Thanks for reading!:)

I had never heard of the Halifax Explosion -- what a horrible tragedy. :(

The Boston Christmas tree looks stunning -- what a nice gesture from one city to another.

Thanks Jackie.:)

These would go really well with my favourite Christmas drink-Irish cream liquor coffee- 1 large measure of cream liquor (Baileys is good:)), fill up mug with coffee leaving a wee gap at the top for whipped cram and then dust with cocoa! YUM:). Tastes even better when kids are safely tucked up in bed lol

;)

What to Wear

One of the biggest dilemmas for me in preparation for this trip is what to wear. I have only ever been to Florida in the months of March, May, June, July, September and October when it has always been warm, even at night. While it looks like we will still be enjoying reasonably warm weather in Florida next weekend, I am still a little unclear on what this is going to mean for early morning and evening dressing.

Even though I am a self-acknowleded wimp when it comes to cold, I would like to be able to ditch my jacket in my car in the airport parkade and get away without one for the trip. But maybe this is overly optimistic.

I am expecting to pack some light cotton dresses and cardigan sweaters and hoping this will work for the trip. Where I am really questioning things is with respect to footwear. Do I pack sandals. Or boots. Or both.

And do I bring a jacket or coat just in case, or just bundle up with a sweater for the evenings.

I am even debating about whether I should bring pair of shorts, or possibly even a swimsuit.

Decisions, decisions. Maybe some of you December veterans can give me some tips....

The Last Minute Countdown

Every trip it is always the same. The last minute scramble to get out the door. Tonite is going to be a late one trying to get as much work done as possible before my early morning flight Friday morning.

I haven't even started packing and will be scrambling tomorrow night to get the suitcase packed, and organize as much as I can for the kids for the weekend.

While terribly excited, I haven't been able to think much about the trip yet. Can't wait to get settled in my seat on the flight Friday morning and start pouring over my agenda and plans for the weekend.

Not sure how many of you use Twitter, but this trip I have decided to take the plunge and try it out. My plan is to post updates throughout the weekend, so if you are feeling the urge for some updates from the World this weekend, feel free to follow along. I am @cdnmommy.

Good luck deciding what to pack. I think I would toss in a light jacket and the shorts -- when we went in December we ended up needing the coats but not the shorts. It is hard to decide what to bring.

Have a great trip in case I am not on here before you leave! I know you will have a lot of fun! :wizard:

We've been in Dec a couple of times and had completely different experiences. The first time it was so warm we were swimming in the evenings. The second time it was so cold I never even looked at the pool. My advice is layers!

Good luck deciding what to pack. I think I would toss in a light jacket and the shorts -- when we went in December we ended up needing the coats but not the shorts. It is hard to decide what to bring.

Have a great trip in case I am not on here before you leave! I know you will have a lot of fun! :wizard:

Thanks Jackie. I think I will leave the shorts and swimsuit at home. I will take too warm over too cold everytime.;)

Trying to wrap up as much work as I can in the next few hours, then have to do a very quick packing job. But so excited!:banana:

We've been in Dec a couple of times and had completely different experiences. The first time it was so warm we were swimming in the evenings. The second time it was so cold I never even looked at the pool. My advice is layers!

Can't go wrong with layers, can you? Great tip!:)

Have a great time! I know that you will, especially with the Christmas decorations!:cool1:

Thank you! Excitement is really setting in now. In just 7 hours I will be off for the airport....:yay:

I'm having a similar packing dilemma! I packed long pants, one skirt, dress and boots for DAP, polartec jacket, Keens for daytime. I did pack a bathing suit because I'm traveling with a 7 year old who might want to swim (otherwise I would not swim!).
Hopefully I'll see you Saturday night!

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter