Could we be any hotter??? Our JUNE Trip Report (Pics, Pics, Pics!)

Great start so far--and I love reading trippies with lots of pictures! You guys are so cute together!

Denise

Hey Court! Just got back last night. I love your trippie! Can't wait to read more. I expect a co-starring role in it.;)

Oh my goodness Courtney! Could you and your family be any better looking! I don't think so! And I agree, you couldn't possibly be any hotter!! ;) :lmao: You're all so gorgeous!!!! :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip. We were there at the same time in 2005 and boy was it hot. :faint: popcorn::

Great start to your trip report! Love the photos and your great details! I can't wait to read more.. :goodvibes

Hi Courtney! To answer your question:
NO... IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN HOTTER OR MORE HUMID!!!!!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :crazy: :crazy2: :faint:

You are off to a good start and I can't wait to hear more!!! :goodvibes

Having been in June and July boy is it hot! However there is no place I would rather be.. that is why we are headed there in August. Can't wait for more.

Great start Courtney, beautiful pictures :goodvibes
Thanks Jo! Glad to have you over here! I love pictures, so there will be LOTS more, I promise!

Looking forward to reading more.
Thanks for coming along for the ride!

Your family is beautiful...Thanks for sharing pix!
I feel like our wedding was yesterday and now here we are 8 years and 2 beautiful babies later! Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you—I love my family! I think they’re pretty cute too =)

I can’t wait to say “now here we are 8 years and 2 beautiful babies later”!!!! I have more fun each day with Ryan!

Great start, I am hooked and can't wait to read more :D
Thanks for joining Lisa! I’ll be posting more in a few minutes…

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!:cool1:

You two make a gorgeous couple!!

Loving the pics!
Thanks Jeni! I’m glad you found me over here! PS- The fridge was GREAT! So nice to have cold water each morning!

Fantastic pictures!

What a cute couple you are!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Can't wait for more! :thumbsup2
Thanks so much! I’m happy to share! I learned so much from reading other people’s TRs, so I hope to help others too!

Hi Court... I'm checking it out, too. Love the pics! I'll give you "permission" to write your own TR as long as you keep posting on our other threads, too! :rotfl:
Thanks for the permission—You will have a special “guest appearance” section coming up!

It's good to see your husband becoming a true Disney convert! I'm looking forward to more pictures and stories of the fun you guys had. Did you leave us some cold drinks in that fridge?!?!?
He is a convert… He LOVES Disney now! Wish I could say we left you drinks but as you see, it was hot, so we were consuming most of it ourselves!

Welcome to the TR Board. Thank you for sharing your family pictures and some background of you and your husband. I got a kick out of your sister and brother. Especially your brother's hair, guys around here are just starting to wear their hair long like that.

Looking forward to the rest of your TR.
Thanks for the warm welcome! Ah, yes, we all grew up in private catholic schools… So, they were very strict on everything, including hair. So, the second Cody graduated, he started letting that hair grow. Thankfully now, it’s under control, but for a while you’d have thought a bird landed and started a nest in that suckers head!

subscribing please hurry :cool1: your the cutest couple.
Thanks Christy! I’m about to post another section now! I’m glad you’re joining me!

I love the ToT pics... always fun! We were lucky when we were there (June 10-17), as it wasn't really all thay hot, except teh first 2 days. It was sort of "ordinary" hot as opposed to "OMG it's hot!!!"
Thanks so much! I know what you mean about ordinary vs. OMGracious, it’s hot!

Great start so far--and I love reading trippies with lots of pictures! You guys are so cute together!

Denise
Thanks Denise! Glad you are here! Lots of pics to come, I promise!

Hey Court! Just got back last night. I love your trippie! Can't wait to read more. I expect a co-starring role in it.;)
Hey CK! You definitely have a role in it… Check out my next post!

Oh my goodness Courtney! Could you and your family be any better looking! I don't think so! And I agree, you couldn't possibly be any hotter!! ;) :lmao: You're all so gorgeous!!!! :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip. We were there at the same time in 2005 and boy was it hot. :faint: popcorn::
That’s so sweet Deb! I promise, there’s some greasy faced pictures coming your way--- it was so hot that my makeup was gone by lunchtime =)

Just had to say...

GEAUX TIGERS!! :cheer2:
GEAUX TIGERS!

Okay! You've hooked me! I can't wait to read more!!!
Thanks for joining me!

Great start to your trip report! Love the photos and your great details! I can't wait to read more.. :goodvibes
More coming soon! In fact, in just a few minutes!

Great start! I'm enjoying it so far. :surfweb:
Thanks so much!!!!

Hi Courtney! To answer your question:
NO... IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN HOTTER OR MORE HUMID!!!!!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :crazy: :crazy2: :faint:

You are off to a good start and I can't wait to hear more!!! :goodvibes
Thanks so much for the support… I can’t wait to give yall more updates!

Patiently waiting for the next installment! :rolleyes1
Waiting for more!popcorn::
Comin’ Right Up!

Having been in June and July boy is it hot! However there is no place I would rather be.. that is why we are headed there in August. Can't wait for more.
August, huh??? Can I come in your suitcase??? I agree, whether I’m here at home in the deep South of Louisiana, or at Disney, I’m sweating… So, you just as well be at Disney sweating, right???

So I realize, as I review my typing, that I don’t even think hotter is a word. Is it? No idea. Anyway, I was speaking hotter as in heat- sweaty heat. But, my husband is kinda hot, huh? I wouldn’t argue with you on that one! Back to the TR.

So, we’ve got the hotel, flight, tickets and everything booked. Now, with the dining plan, we had to decide where we were going to eat… That’s my favorite part! I wake up in the morning thinking about what I will eat for lunch and dinner that day! It’s my favorite two parts of the day =) So to plan what I’ll eat in six months is SO FUN for me! Especially when thinking of Disney restaurants. So many choices, so little time. Last year we did 50’s Prime Time Café and LOVED it. Loved it with our whole hearts! Just was looking through the pictures from last year, and apparently not only the weather was hot. Check out my smores dessert plate at 50’s:
100_2603.jpg

Our waiter, Cousin Jeff wrote that in crayon. The plate was so hot when he brought it out that the crayon melted on the plate! Funny, huh?

Anyway, we also did Le Cellier and thought it was DELISH! We ate at Hollywood and Vine and did the Fantasmic package--- definitely not our favorite restaurant- not a do-over. Here come the gasps--- Fantasmic for us, was a see it once kind of thing. So we knew that we didn’t need to do the package again. We didn’t need to see Fantasmic again. Liked it once, but didn’t need to do it again. We did downtown Disney/Pleasure Island one night and had Raglan Road—we enjoyed that meal so thought we should do it again this year. And the last place we ate last year was San Angel Inn in Mexico. That was great for the atmosphere alone. We didn’t like the food.

So, with five nights for our June 2007 trip, we had to hash out where we’d go again, and what new things we would try. We decided that we loved 50’s so much that we’d go on the first night AND the last night. MGM is our favorite “chill out” park, so we knew that we’d be spending a lot of time there. Having dinner there twice wasn’t going to take time away from us going to another park, so we were excited! We also wanted to do Le Cellier and Raglan Road again. That left us with one extra night… We decided to try Coral Reef. So, I called to make the ADRs and got everything I wanted! I was so excited! Our agenda was set, our dining reservations were set, and WE WERE GOING TO DISNEY AGAIN!!!!!!

About this time, I was still a lurker on the DIS. (Yes, CrazyKanga- It’s DIS not DIZ- shout out to you CK!) I had read so many people’s trip reports, dining reports, and learned so many WONDERFUL things from the DIS. I used all of the information I gathered to help plan my trip back in ’06. I finally got sick of being a lurker, so I finally joined! After I joined, I found this great thread about people who had June vacations. One lady (Disneyolic) and I went back and forth for a while about our upcoming plans, and finally WE (Yes DM-olic, WE) started a brand new thread entitled DISers stalking DISers… our end of June schedules. There, I met a WONDERFUL group of friends who were planning to be in the world at the same time as I. We kept in touch every day (the current count on the thread is 349 pages)--- yes, we’re a VERY chatty bunch! Through that thread, we arranged DIS meets, and other fun gatherings so that we could finally meet each other while in the World. So… later in my report when you see some of these people mentioned, you’ll know the story… Special appearances by SingingMom aka Renee’ (and her husband and daughter), Disneyolic aka Dawn Maree (and her husband and kiddos), mandy200587 aka Mandy (and some of her family), karibritt01 aka Kari (and her husband and kiddos), and CrazyKanga aka Laura (and her husband and kiddos). There were lots of other people in the World at the same time, but we weren’t fortunate enough to cross paths with them.

So the months pass, and it’s May. Now remember how I said we were debating another trip because we wanted to save money for a house??? Well, the plan was to sell our house at the end of June (after Disney), and buy something when we got back from Disney. Sounds good, right? Well, what happens on May 6th, when you go house browsing and you find your dream house???? You gotta get it! Well, slight problem. Our house hadn’t even hit the market yet. But we absolutely had to have this house. So, I chatted with a friend of mine who had mentioned she wanted to buy our townhouse. I told her it was now or never, b/c we had to sell this townhouse so we could get our DREAM HOUSE!!!!! (I use the word dream house lightly--- If I were a millionaire, I would have a much larger, more exquisite house than this one, but for what we were looking for- size, location, amenities, etc- it was PERFECT--- ABSOULUTLY PERFECT). When I walked in this house, I started crying- I knew it was THE ONE! It was the house for me (and Ryan)! A few days later, and after much prayer, we had a purchase agreement on the townhouse and on the new house! Wahoo! We’re set! I took pepto about every day for the month of May b/c I was petrified that something would fall through. Our closing date was June 6th--- Just get to June, just get to June, just get to June, I’d tell myself. Well, we got to June… 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th (omgracious, “We close tomorrow!”), 6th! CLOSING DAY! All that worrying, and you know what???? Everything was flawless. Perfectly perfect. So, we started moving a few things that night--- we had some new wood floors put into the bedrooms and a painter come in, so that delayed our furniture moving for a few days… But by June 11th, we were completely moved in! Few pics of the house: (PS- We're completely re-doing the landscape- We hate it!)
CIMG0569.jpg

CIMG0567.jpg

The Kitchen:
CIMG1042.jpg

CIMG1043.jpg

CIMG1044.jpg

The Dining Room:
CIMG1051.jpg

The Living Room:
CIMG1040.jpg

CIMG1038.jpg

CIMG1039.jpg

The Master Bedroom (NOTE: My bedspread is missing! I’ve got to get a liner put underneath it, so it should be back soon--- It’s green raw silk and matches the back pillows!)
CIMG1045.jpg

CIMG1046.jpg

CIMG1047.jpg

The Master Bath:
CIMG1049.jpg

CIMG1050.jpg

Other rooms not pictured: the office; two other bedrooms; the spare bathroom; backyard; garage; attic- hehehe =)

Then… That Saturday, the 16th, I had the dance recital. Did I mention that I teach dancing to little precious lambs? I love my little students- they are the cutest things ever- ages 3-15. I love them all! So, all that week after the move was last minute dance practices and dress rehearsals… So the thought of packing for my trip hadn’t had the chance to cross my mind yet… Well, that makes me nervous! I’m a PLANNER… A
P
L
A
N
N
E
R
Planner!

And to not be packed freaks me out!

But no stress, I had till Wednesday… Plenty of time!

So, that week, I got packed and had my things ready because I WAS GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!!!!!! I was going to Disney in 4 days…. 3 days… 2 days… 1 day--- TOMORROW. Wake up at 3am on Wednesday June 20th. Our flight left the Baton Rouge airport at 6am (or did it???? stay tuned). We were scheduled to have a 45-minute layover in Atlanta, then on to Orlando. We were to arrive around lunchtime… Enough time to check-in to POP, get our Key to the World, the head directly to MGM… Dinner was to be at 50’s this night.

We get to the Baton Rouge airport—check-in’s a breeze. No problems. We have a very small airport, so it’s easy. Go to the terminal. And wait. Finally, we board the plane. We sit on the plane for about 20 minutes. They say we’re in line on the runway, there’s a couple of planes in front of us, so we’ll be off the ground in just a few minutes. Well, let me mention here that the night before we had one of the worst rainstorms I’ve ever seen. So much lightening, it was scary. And remember friends, we’re in the hurricane state--- I’ve seen storms, but this one was bad. Apparently, in Atlanta it was bad too. Because 10 minutes later, we hear, “Bad news folks. Air traffic control has put a ground stop on all flights into Atlanta. We don’t know if we can even get in Atlanta today. Get off the plane, sit and wait, and we’ll make an announcement in an hour.” WHHHHAAAATTTTT????? I’ve got to get to Atlanta--- I’ve got to get to ORLANDO!!!!! Shoot- send me strait to Orlando, I don’t need to go to Atlanta anyway. Well, remember, BR is a small airport, so there are no directly flights to Orlando. I knew I should have gone through the New Orleans airport! It’s larger and has direct flights. But it’s an hour away, I didn’t want to drive there; I wanted it to be easy --- Leaving out of Baton Rouge should have been easy--- WRONG! And it wasn’t Baton Rouge’s fault. I guess it wasn’t even Atlanta’s fault. It was the stupid weather from the night before. It was too bad to fly in, so all of the flights that were cancelled from the night before, were landing that morning—So we had to be pushed back.

The problem was, they couldn’t even tell us if we would be able to go at all! They just said they’d give us an update in an hour!

Oh that will grow in more months, DM isn't back yet or the rest of our chatty bunch. Ya got to pop in on the trip report thread. I've done Friday and Saturday as of right now.

Yay Court. Love it all except for the DISSS thing. Chris is so put out with all of ya'll that are Dis-respecting the Disney name.
Pronounce was or his... DIS, same thing with the Z sound!:rotfl2:

Your house is beautiful--I especially LOVE your kitchen!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your plane and when you finally got off the ground.

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!