Could we be any hotter??? Our JUNE Trip Report (Pics, Pics, Pics!)

Courtney....I am always amazed at people who try to plan a wedding and close on a house all within the same week and they are all stressed out :rolleyes1 You're story kind of reminded me of that. Glad everything worked out and you're all moved in...its a beautiful house! What does Maddie think of it? Is the backyard fenced in for her? Do you have a pool?

Wow, I can't believe the delay. One time I was flying to Florida and our plane was struck by lightning.:scared: We had to land in Atlanta and they had no idea how they were going to get us to Florida. We ended up being there most of the day and they finally found a plane for us.

Can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

Hi Courtney!
I must say Maddie is just the cutiest thing!! And your house! OMG just beautiful! I was the same way when we bought our first house too! We just knew this was our house!

Great TR! Can't wait to here more!

Courtney, I am from B'ham, born and raised. I lived in NOLA for a couple of years. I have been going to NOLA all my life...since I was a little girl (my mom had friends that lived there), SO NOLA has always been my second home and my home at one time. I still consider it home...very much so.

I'm sorry you got stuck at the airport. We are so lucky to live within driving distance of Orlando. 3 1/2 hours and we're there! It does seem to take longer to get there than it does to get back :rolleyes1 . Congratulations on your beautiful house! Give Maddie a kiss for me.

I just found your trip report and it's great! I can't wait to read more.

Great TR! You are adorable, I love all the pics.
Congrats on the house, it is beautiful!

Hello! Great Trip report so far! Your house is beautiful! I went to Disney with my husband (in 1997) the year before we got married and he had also only been there once. We had the time of our lives and I'm happy we experienced it together before our children came along. Now we have a 4 year old daughter and a 6 year old son and we go to Disney every year. This June my husband and I got to go to Disney for a long weekend, just the two of us and we are going again just the two of us in Aug (for another long weekend) but not doing any parks. We hang by the pool and enjoy some nice dinners just the two of us.
I can't wait to hear about your trip!
Feb2007Vac54.jpg

Our family on our Feb 2007 Disney Cruise

Thanks for writing a report. Reading them helps me me ready for our trip.

ps. That was a nice t-shirt your dh had on. The one with CANADA in big red letters on the front.:thumbsup2

Courtney, I just found your TR and I absolutely LOVE it! You and Ryan are ADORABLE! I am so happy for you that you found your dream home! You have beautiful taste! Maddie is so cute!:cutie: Looking forward to reading more!:surfweb: Hope you didn't have to wait too long at the airport!:goodvibes

love your new house the pictures are awesome. it def. qualifies as a dream home. can't wait for the next installment. :banana:

I love your house!! It's beautiful! We just closed on our house June 1! I don't see how you already have so much unpacked and decorate!!! We still have boxes everywhere.

When did you make it to Orlando??? Can't wait to hear more!

Subscribing, love what you wrote so far. Your new home is beautiful. Sorry you got stuck at the airport, how awful. I know you feel with recital week craziness as we go through that every year with DD7 since she was 3 years old. She takes Ballet, Tap and Jazz and it is alot of work that week with costumes and practicing and then finally the recital. Sure glad to have a short break from that. Anyway looking forward to rest of your trip report. You are such a cute couple.

Courtney, do you know any LaPlantes? :)

That's definitely a Louisiana name, but I don't know any... Are those your relatives?

PS- Congrats on the baby! Boy or girl? Names picked out?

Your house is gorgeous. I swore when we bought this house that is a pain I will never put myself through again. I hated that gut wrenching feeling I had to carry until closing day. I am in this house for life, I refuse to sell or buy another one.

Ya know, I have never been stuck in an airport or had plans change on me, miss a flight, got delayed. (Knock on wood) The airport Gods are on my side. I feel bad that you got delayed, I can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Thank you so much! It is such a pain to buy/sell/move. All of it-- PAIN! I'm in this house for a while! It'll take us years to outgrow it. We went from 1275 sq. feet to this one being 2106... So, we are enjoying the extra space-- but I'm sure in a few years we'll outgrow it, but I'm certainly enjoying being settled for now!

Can you rub some of that airport pixie dust on me please???? I wish!

I love your house your bed is gorgeous :)
So did you get to Orlando????? :rotfl2:
Thank you so much! Did we get there???? Hum.... Coming right up in my next post!

Courtney....I am always amazed at people who try to plan a wedding and close on a house all within the same week and they are all stressed out :rolleyes1 You're story kind of reminded me of that. Glad everything worked out and you're all moved in...its a beautiful house! What does Maddie think of it? Is the backyard fenced in for her? Do you have a pool?

Wow, I can't believe the delay. One time I was flying to Florida and our plane was struck by lightning.:scared: We had to land in Atlanta and they had no idea how they were going to get us to Florida. We ended up being there most of the day and they finally found a plane for us.

Can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2
Thank you! I'm so glad I didn't have a nervous breakdown from the month of May to June! It was very stressful! Maddie did not like it at first... She was very unsure. She's just like me... Nervous. Garbage truck days, you'd think the world was ending. She sits and shakes. She hates that noise. I'm like "Maddie- since when had the garbage truck gotten you???" Never, she just freaks out! But, now, she's adjusted quite well! She did jump off the bed one day and hurt her arm b/c she slid on the wood floors which she wasn't used to. She hasn't done that again! The yard is fenced, but we don't have a pool... I think we'll do a patio of some sort back there--- it's a pretty good size in the back!

And OMGracious- how scary! I can't believe your plane got struck with lightening! That would have been the end of flying for me!

Hi Courtney!
I must say Maddie is just the cutiest thing!! And your house! OMG just beautiful! I was the same way when we bought our first house too! We just knew this was our house!

Great TR! Can't wait to here more!
Thank you so much! We love Maddie too -- and the house =)

Courtney, I am from B'ham, born and raised. I lived in NOLA for a couple of years. I have been going to NOLA all my life...since I was a little girl (my mom had friends that lived there), SO NOLA has always been my second home and my home at one time. I still consider it home...very much so.

Do you go to NOLA for Mardi Gras? It gets kinda wild-- that's the time I actually try to stay away =)

I'm sorry you got stuck at the airport. We are so lucky to live within driving distance of Orlando. 3 1/2 hours and we're there! It does seem to take longer to get there than it does to get back :rolleyes1 . Congratulations on your beautiful house! Give Maddie a kiss for me.
Can you say JEALOUS???? How awesome! Do you have an annual pass?
I'll give Maddie a kiss for you right now =)

I just found your trip report and it's great! I can't wait to read more.
Thanks for joining Rebecca! More to come in a few minutes!

Great TR! You are adorable, I love all the pics.
Congrats on the house, it is beautiful!
Thanks so much! I'll have a lot more pics to come!

Hello! Great Trip report so far! Your house is beautiful! I went to Disney with my husband (in 1997) the year before we got married and he had also only been there once. We had the time of our lives and I'm happy we experienced it together before our children came along.
OMGoodness-- you and your family are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Precious children!
August will be here so soon--- you are going to have such a wonderful trip!

Thanks for writing a report. Reading them helps me me ready for our trip.

ps. That was a nice t-shirt your dh had on. The one with CANADA in big red letters on the front.:thumbsup2
I'm so glad you are enjoying it! Reading other people's helped plan mine so much... I hope some of the things that I write about will help you too!
I'll tell Ryan you liked his shirt... I don't even know where he got that from, but of course, everyone thought we were from Canada! I'm like, not even close... Hear me talk and you'll know we are from way further south!

Courtney, I just found your TR and I absolutely LOVE it! You and Ryan are ADORABLE! I am so happy for you that you found your dream home! You have beautiful taste! Maddie is so cute!:cutie: Looking forward to reading more!:surfweb: Hope you didn't have to wait too long at the airport!:goodvibes

Thanks so much! Thanks thanks thanks! Such sweet comments! I'm so glad you are here reading! More to come very very soon!

love your new house the pictures are awesome. it def. qualifies as a dream home. can't wait for the next installment. :banana:

Thanks so much! It's so hard to take pictures of a house... It looks different than it does with the 360 view!

I love your house!! It's beautiful! We just closed on our house June 1! I don't see how you already have so much unpacked and decorate!!! We still have boxes everywhere.

When did you make it to Orlando??? Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you so much! Wow- You've been going through the same thing then! Congrats! Oh, and we still have boxes too- they're just in the closets =)

Subscribing, love what you wrote so far. Your new home is beautiful. Sorry you got stuck at the airport, how awful. I know you feel with recital week craziness as we go through that every year with DD7 since she was 3 years old. She takes Ballet, Tap and Jazz and it is alot of work that week with costumes and practicing and then finally the recital. Sure glad to have a short break from that. Anyway looking forward to rest of your trip report. You are such a cute couple.
Thank you so much! Recitals are crazy, but they are so much fun! I'm actually glad we're on a break now-- but only till mid-august! But it's nice to be able to go home and do stuff around the house!

I'm excited to hear more. You'll be on the Cruise before I am. I did mention you though in my TR today.

So… after sitting on the plane for 30-minutes, we get OFF the plane, back to the terminal. El Sucko!

And we sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit… and sit…

Well, you get the picture =)

One hour passes--- meanwhile I’m freaking out because, I NEED TO GET TO DISNEY!!!!! Those Delta people just don’t get it, huh??? Nothing wrong with Delta – they had no control over it, but dangit, I needed to get to Disney!!!

So, we finally get the long awaited announcement…
“We’ll start boarding flight number 4511 headed to Atlanta.”

WAHOO! I nearly ran into that plane! Finally, we take off… However, by this time, we had missed our connecting flight in Atlanta to Orlando! The terminal worker said he had booked everyone on the next available flight to their destination, but didn’t tell us what time those flights were, what flight numbers those were, or what terminal to head to once we got to Atlanta! So, the second we hit the ground in Atlanta, I’m on my phone calling Delta… I gotta figure out where to go! I mean, where to RUN! Found out what I needed--- no luck leaving from the same terminal we landed in… We landed at 10:10- the flight they booked us on was 10:30--- across the airport!!!!!

“Hey Ryan”
“What Court?”
“RRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN”

So we RAN through that airport! And guess what???? WE MADE IT!!! As they were closing the gates no less! I literally sat in my seat on that plane and was sweating! Can you believe it, sweating before I even got to Disney--- I told you this report was going to get hot!

Pretty uneventful flight to Orlando… And we only arrived about 1.5 hours later than we should have!

We land, find Magical Express, and check in there. Now, last year’s ME line was ENOURMOUSLY long! This year, there was one person in front of us! Yippee!

Checked in, got in the POP line, and boarded a Disney Cruise Line bus… We didn’t care because WE WERE GOING TO DISNEY!!!! The bus even had the “get excited movie show” on the screens as we drove to the World.

We then pull though the “gates” of POP… “Are we there yet?????” Hehehe- any of you who’ve stayed there before have seen the sign—and that’s about how I was feeling!
CIMG1035.jpg

We checked in at POP, our room was READY, can you believe it???? One small complaint here:
I requested a king sized, non smoking room in the preferred section (I paid for the preferred section). Well, they gave me just that—a king sized, non smoking room in the preferred section……….. ON THE FIRST FLOOR DIRECTLY NEXT TO THE POOL!!!!!!!!!! And no, those aren’t words of excitement! See, we like our sleep at night, and that pool was open till midnight! I knew this couldn’t be good! Thank goodness for the earplugs I brought! Last year at POP, we had NO problems with the thin walls—this year is a completely different story! More to come…

Anyway, besides being petrified that my luggage would not arrive, I put on a happy face (b/c after all, I WAS AT DISNEY!!!), and we headed to the POP food court… By this time, we were starved! We had already been up so long and we needed some fuel for our bellies! We had some park walkin’ to do… Don’t really remember what Ryan had to eat—maybe some chicken salad wrap thing? He said it wasn’t good, but it was edible. That boy eats anything.

I had the chicken fingers and fries (oh, p.s.- fries are my FAVORITE food ever—I could eat them every day--- and I did in Disney! That’s one reason I love Disney food! I know it’s horrible for you, but we walked SO much that I tried to burn those calories off!) After we geared up our energy, we headed to the MGM bus line!

Side note here:
The busses at POP ROCK!!!! We never ever (two years in a row) waited for longer than 10 minutes for a bus. They are AWESOME!!!!
End of side note.

Walking through the gates of MGM gives me a happy feeling! I love that place! Where did we head directly to???? You guessed it—Sunset Blvd. Well, we did stop and take our first photopass pic of the trip before we headed to Sunset--- Side note: I ordered my photopass cd, and it should arrive in 3-5 days--- so I’ll have LOTS of great pics to post when I get it. If you like pictures, you’re in the right place b/c we took a TON! End of side note.

PS- Don't be shocked- remember, my hair's black now... Was supposed to be chocolate brown--- paid the $40 --- ended up black... Black. So, we're dealing w/ it. Didn't want to pay to have it re-done, so I'll have it a bit longer till it starts growing out some more... Hope yall don't hate it =) it's a shock, I know!
CIMG0656.jpg

We grabbed some fastpasses to RnR and rode ToT. The wait for ToT at 2:00pm was only like 30-minutes. Heck yeah! I’m standin’ in that line! I thought it would have been longer.

CIMG0659.jpg

We're on the left in the front row....

CIMG0671.jpg

Front row again....

So, we ride ToT and RnR… Rode Star Tours… Saw a little of the High School Musical show (does anyone know how old these kids are that are in it??? I’m so confused! I didn’t know kids worked in the parks, but they looked very young!) By this point, we were SO tired! I think the traveling, and the very early alarm clock ringing in my ear that morning added up to us being exhausted! So, what did we decide to do????

Why head to 50’s PTC, grab a spot on the sofa, and enjoy some happy drinks!

CIMG0662.jpg

CIMG0663.jpg

Sorry for the greasy face--- It was HOT--- and remember, I started sweating on that RUN from terminal A to C in Atlanta!

My drink of choice is chardonnay. Ryan’s is beer most of the time.

CIMG0661.jpg

CIMG0660.jpg

Don’t know why Ryan wouldn’t hold up his beer--- I think he thought the ugly 50’s lamp was better to pose with! He’s still cute anyway, right?

Then, since we sat for 2.5 hours (our ressie wasn’t until 6:30, and we didn’t want to check in until 6:10 or so), we started taking silly pictures!

CIMG0665.jpg

After we checked in, we were seated in about 15-minutes.

For appetizers, I had the fried herb cheese--- let me tell you, this was MAGNIFICANT!!!!! It was so so so yummy… Ryan was a little jealous! He got the shrimp cocktail and it was just that--- cold shrimp. Mine was so Yummo!
For dinner, we stuck to what we each got last year because it was wonderful.
Ryan got the meatloaf which he LOVED.
I got the pot roast which I LOVED! The pot roast is SO wonderful. I love it ---- yum, yum, yum!

We were on the dining plan, so we still got to order dessert, but right before we could do so, one of the “aunts” who was not “our aunt” (i.e.- she wasn’t our server), was running through the restaurant…
“Courtney and Ryan???”
“Courtney and Ryan???”
“Courtney and Ryan???”
“Are yall Courtney and Ryan???”

Um—“yes, lady, I’m Courtney, and this is Ryan”
“Well, I need you to come here right now”
I’m like oh, cracker jacks—what’s going on????

We follow her through the restaurant, and who does she take us to?????

KARIBRIT!!!!!!

CIMG0666.jpg

Loved her! Sweetest lady ever! She’s one of the DISers from our stalking thread, and YES, she succeeded in STALKING me in 50’s! Go Kari!

So, after the ceremonial switching of the LGMHs, we took our pic and visited for a few minutes.

Until I realized, “Uh-oh… Our plates are left on the table, and we haven’t even ordered dessert yet… Our “Aunt” is going to get us for that!”

We said our goodbyes, went back to our table, and you know what???? Our aunt didn’t even care. She could have been so much more in character… But the food was still good, so whatever! For dessert, I ordered smores which were wonderful again! And Ryan ordered the cobbler… Maybe he ordered the cobbler. Actually, I have no idea if he ordered the cobbler… I’m just guessing. I can’t remember, and quite frankly, I didn’t care =) I had my smores, and my wine, and I was good! I can tell you that I ate every single bite of my smores… and every single bite of my pot roast… and every single bite of my fried herb cheese. That place is amazing! I love it!

After we ate, we were due for a fastpass to ToT.

P.S.- I’m not giving the camera the bird… I’m doing the point with the thumb up!
CIMG0668.jpg

With that, we ended our night at MGM--- First night down, four more to go! We were sleepy, so we ended a little early. We needed to rest up—tomorrow was a BIG day. Early magic hour at MK, Dinner at Coral Reef, and to the Poly for a Wishes Cruise with CrazyKanga and mandy! Oh, how fun! Stick around!

Oh, Courtney, you are such the southern Debutante giving personal replies and thank yous to every single person who reads your trippie. You must be a former Beauty Queen.:lmao:
You know I love you. Keep up the good work.

Oh, another PS gang:
My husband loves to TAKE OVER the pictures that he's on... He is quite muscular, and when he throws those arms up, he overcomes the picture! So, I'm sorry to those of you who ever have to ride sitting behind him-- it's a fact: you won't be seen in the picture =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter