Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

The cruise right before ours on the Wonder was cancelled, just missed the cut off. I guess it’s back to playing chicken with DCL.

I sure hope they are offering people with cancelled cruises who take the cruise credit more than 100% and more than 12 months to use it. And the ability to use it on more than one cruise if you want to.

Same, we are 4/6 Magic. There is also a 4/2 Magic. Hoping for an extension.

Same, we are 4/6 Magic. There is also a 4/2 Magic. Hoping for an extension.
My cruise is not until May so who knows what will happen at this point. It really is a roll of the dice because we have no idea how bad this is going to get. Many businesses are throwing out that end of the month date just to put something out there. You are just past the cutoff but I would assume at this point that it will get extended.

Delta Is only letting its customers re-book if they chose a flight from March on. Of course I bought tickets on Feb 28th so I just missed it. Not sure if they will help me or not. You cannot get through to anyone and their website is saying do not call them until 72 hours before your trip. Such a mess!

It's really time for all travel agencies, airlines, and cruise lines to just start accepting the fact that things are crazy and people are stressed out. Make it easy for everyone and just offer easy cancellation measures without al this restrictive nonsense! What is so hard about that?

Hoping to sail on 4/20 the way I see it is the Dream will be cleaner than a surgical center, you've got a better chance of catching this from the panicked mob at your local grocery store.

Unless your grocery store has 4,000 people in it and you all stay inside for 3 days together then no, you do not have a better chance of catching it at the grocery store.

This downplaying is putting older people at serious risk. I hope that we all start act responsibly in order to literally save lives.

Does anyone know Wonder's schedule? I am asking because I am to sail 4/10 (already decided I'm not going, but holding out on cancelling because I want a refund and not a cruise credit). Since the Wonder isn't sailing the rest of the month, does that change all following cruises? Unless it was set to sail on 4/1, it will throw off something in the line up.

Does anyone know Wonder's schedule? I am asking because I am to sail 4/10 (already decided I'm not going, but holding out on cancelling because I want a refund and not a cruise credit). Since the Wonder isn't sailing the rest of the month, does that change all following cruises? Unless it was set to sail on 4/1, it will throw off something in the line up.

The schedules are not changing. DCL listed all the specific cruises that are cancelled. Wonder’s first cruise will be whichever one first departs after 3/31.

The Wonder's last cruise in March was originally scheduled to leave San Diego on the 29th and arrive back on the 5ht of April. So with the cancellations, the first scheduled cruise of the Wonder after the current repositioning cruise is April 5th that is suppose to be a 5 day cruise.

Psy

My cruise is not until May so who knows what will happen at this point. It really is a roll of the dice because we have no idea how bad this is going to get. Many businesses are throwing out that end of the month date just to put something out there. You are just past the cutoff but I would assume at this point that it will get extended.

Delta Is only letting its customers re-book if they chose a flight from March on. Of course I bought tickets on Feb 28th so I just missed it. Not sure if they will help me or not. You cannot get through to anyone and their website is saying do not call them until 72 hours before your trip. Such a mess!

It's really time for all travel agencies, airlines, and cruise lines to just start accepting the fact that things are crazy and people are stressed out. Make it easy for everyone and just offer easy cancellation measures without al this restrictive nonsense! What is so hard about that?

Travel agencies are subject to the terms and conditions of the companies they book with - I'm not sure how you expect them to ease cancellation measures when they have no control over them.

So glad Costco implemented an online way to cancel your cruise, if within the cruise credit policy. This started today. You send an email to cruisecancel@costcotravel.com and then they send you a link to fill out an online form. DCL is “holding” that credit under your original reservation number and like a placeholder. But, if you want to re-book at this time using the credit, you need to call Costco because they in turn need to call Disney for the new booking. At this time there is no way to apply those credited funds if you would book online. If you are prior to your PIF date, you can call Costco and they can cancel your booking themselves without calling DCL (this is the way it has always been). So while long hold to reach Costco rep, at least you don’t need to wait more time for them to reach Disney if prior to PIF date.

The Government of Canada has announced:

Cruise ships transporting over 500 people will not be able to stop in Canada until JULY 1.

This will have significant impact on the Alaska cruise season.

For the Arctic, it applies for the entire cruise season due to inadequate health resources there.

For smaller ships, including ferries, additional health measures will be added.

Also, inbound flights from other countries will be restricted to coming in to a smaller number of Canadian airports. Details to come.

(per live press conference on CBC)

Cruise ships transporting over 500 people will not be able to stop in Canada until JULY 1.

For the Arctic, it applies for the entire cruise season due to inadequate health resources there.

Also, inbound flights from other countries will be restricted to coming in to a smaller number of Canadian airports. Details to come.

(per live press conference on CBC, statement from Minister of Transport)

Unless your grocery store has 4,000 people in it and you all stay inside for 3 days together then no, you do not have a better chance of catching it at the grocery store.

This downplaying is putting older people at serious risk. I hope that we all start act responsibly in order to literally save lives.
Completely agree. No need for callous attitude now. Community needs to come together to help each other and not play anyone down or down play the situation if someone is fearful. The other stats that have been thrown out which talks about more likelihood to be struck by a lightning or heat by a car than dying by corona virus have no bearing here. The actual fact is that no one known what this virus will do; so let’s heed caution. Vacations are not that much more important than lives. Most people take vacations every year, but everyone has only one life. Let’s be respectful!

(per live press conference on CBC)
Well, dang. Unless DCL changes the Vancouver port of call it would appear that the HI cruises will have to be cancelled. It is possible that they could depart from/return to San Diego, making a stop in Ensenada to satisfy Jones act requirements.

Anyone know how Allianz will handle this ? We had 4 nights at disney plus a 3 night cruise in 2 weeks that has been cancelled. Not worried about getting my money for the cruise or hotel as Disney should take care of that. It's more the airline cancellation fees plus the non-refundable car rental I purchased. From the policy it doesn't seem clear this is one of the covered conditions.

It is possible that they could depart from/return to San Diego, making a stop in Ensenada to satisfy Jones act requirements.
I don't think Ensenada would satisfy the cabotage requirements. That would require a distant foreign port, which is defined as outside of North (and Central) America.

Well, dang. Unless DCL changes the Vancouver port of call it would appear that the HI cruises will have to be cancelled. It is possible that they could depart from/return to San Diego, making a stop in Ensenada to satisfy Jones act requirements.

Experts seem to think we’ve got a rough 2-3 months ahead. I don’t see a cruise leaving from San Diego when CA is one of the “hotspots” for the virus. Not to mention HI and Mexico may end up closing their ports. I don’t see how the Alaska cruise season doesn’t get cancelled or severely delayed.

I don't think Ensenada would satisfy the cabotage requirements. That would require a distant foreign port, which is defined as outside of North (and Central) America.

DCL does 2N/3N cruises from San Diego to Ensenada every year.. And Ensenada was the port used in 2012 for the 14N to HI from LA. I think it satisfies the requirement. BUT, San Diego may shut its terminal, too. We've just had 5 new cases with 2 community spread.

Anyway, just positing an option if DCL is committed to this cruise.

EDIT: 2012 cruise was LA to HI, not SD to HI

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter