Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

Sorry, I just read the whole thing again and it does not mention the new cancellations.....just the other new updates. But DCLBlog is listing all the cruises that are affected by the cancellations. Hope DCL will update the alert with the new info soon.

It’s on the official Disney twitter feed.

So the Costco agent said they have received no notifications about cruise cancellations. They couldn't get through to DCL, either. The supervisor was telling the agents that they are not to advise customers of any cancellations and unless we see something official from DCL, we should continue to port.

I will be calling them again tomorrow morning, I guess.

Here is a list of the affected sailings. It sounds as if you're sailing pretty soon, I am so sorry for you and your family :(

Good luck with this, I'm sure DCL will issue a more direct release tomorrow or sometime over the weekend.

Would be very simple for DCL to post a very simple cancellation notice on their website, FB page, and or Twitter. Nobody is questioning the decision (at least I would think nobody) but the people with early morning travel plans need official notice.

Would be very simple for DCL to post a very simple cancellation notice on their website, FB page, and or Twitter. Nobody is questioning the decision (at least I would think nobody) but the people with early morning travel plans need official notice.
That's exactly my feeling. It would be easy to just update that one page. They've done it for the hurricanes, so why not for this? If it's true (and, by the way, you can't book the last March Fantasy sailing, so maybe it is), then a simple update rather than a tweet would mean people would not be getting on a plane tomorrow. Yet, who's going to lose that amount of money by not showing up, if the cruise actually goes?

Yeah...I can't see them not issuing refunds. Of course they will try their best to keep our money and get us to re-book a future cruise but the option for a full refund needs to be on the table.

EXACTLY!! What a disaster. We were supposed to do the Alaska cruise on 5/25. Don’t get me wrong we are grateful Disney said they would issue a cruise credit and move cruises booked thru 5/31, but at the same time they put rules on it saying we have to book a cruise by the next year to the exact date of our previous cruise...seriously???

So for me, I have Cystic Fibrosis which is a severe chronic lung disease. CDC would consider me a higher risk like elderly people and it could be deadly if I caught Covid-19. I hate to break it to Disney but if there isn’t a vaccine by this year, there’s no way I can go on a cruise booked for early next year. My luck I would move it to next year but things would be semi calmed down for most people but not me and then I would be stuck with canceling and no money or cruise credit offered again. Also, the Alaska cruises are more expensive than what we paid for this years! Of course! So they will have our money for 2019, and all of 2020, and then into 2021...And to top it off...we will owe more for the exact same cruise we had already booked!!! No thanks!!!! Full refund PLEASE!

At the very minimum, a broadcast e-mail to their passengers, it's just good customer service to do so. For crying out loud, my town's library and rec centre have kept me abreast of COVID-19 within the past couple of days.

I'm also on the TA for my honeymoon and I don't think there is any chance in the ship going to Europe. A large part of me doesn't think it will be canceled. Instead I could see it being rerouted as a Caribbean cruise.

That is pure speculation on my part and is not meant to be a rumor.

The fact is that unless the industry is flat out shut down, the ships will keep sailing with people on them.

If our Greek cruise was moved to the Caribbean, it would take a 70% discount for to even consider keeping the booking. And the balance would need to be paid back, not some credit. We paid an absurd, once in a lifetime, premium for the cruise and are in a room we would have never been ok with for a Caribbean cruise since the ports were the central focus of the cruise. Absent and really good offer, and clear signs the virus was clearing, I would most likely cancel and rebook some other time.

I'm booked on the 3/19 Magic which is obviously not going to happen. I am surprised Disney did not have a blast email ready to go out to us because they still haven't officially informed us. My travel agent sent me an email telling me about the announcement, but that they hadn't told her anything, either. We don't yet know if we are getting a refund or a credit. Everything in my online booking looks normal.

I know it's not that big a deal in the scope of what the world is dealing with, but I am so, so bummed. This was our first family cruise and I spent so much time researching, planning, and buying things for our trip. Embarkation day is my birthday and my DH had even ordered stateroom surprises for me (he told me after the news tonight). I guess I was just hoping that we would be able to make it on our cruise before it came to this.

I still have my heart set on sailing this year, but not sure if I can stomach paying $1-2k over what we had already paid for the dates that work for us, or the uncertainty about when this will all be over.

If it was a false rumor disney would have contradicted it by now. All indications are it is official.

I'm booked on the 3/19 Magic which is obviously not going to happen. I am surprised Disney did not have a blast email ready to go out to us because they still haven't officially informed us. My travel agent sent me an email telling me about the announcement, but that they hadn't told her anything, either. We don't yet know if we are getting a refund or a credit. Everything in my online booking looks normal.

I know it's not that big a deal in the scope of what the world is dealing with, but I am so, so bummed. This was our first family cruise and I spent so much time researching, planning, and buying things for our trip. Embarkation day is my birthday and my DH had even ordered stateroom surprises for me (he told me after the news tonight). I guess I was just hoping that we would be able to make it on our cruise before it came to this.

I still have my heart set on sailing this year, but not sure if I can stomach paying $1-2k over what we had already paid for the dates that work for us, or the uncertainty about when this will all be over.

Hopefully Disney will offer a significant discount or price match for rebook a canceled cruise. Somehow, I am doubtful given how they have handled the other rebookings.

How many lives will be saved by Disney closing their parks? Actually, probably more will be saved by the number of cars kept off the road than from the virus. So by that logic, they should never reopen.
How many relationships will not occur with “social distanting” and with the other swing of the pendulum, will we be able to handle the January births and the possibilities of this virus still causing havoc?

The cruise right before ours on the Wonder was cancelled, just missed the cut off. I guess it’s back to playing chicken with DCL.

I sure hope they are offering people with cancelled cruises who take the cruise credit more than 100% and more than 12 months to use it. And the ability to use it on more than one cruise if you want to.

Disney Cruise Line will suspend all new departures beginning Saturday, March 14, through the end of the month. The Walt Disney Company will pay its cast members during that closure period. The hotels at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Paris will remain open until further notice. The retail and dining complexes, Disney Springs at Walt Disney World and Disney Village at Disneyland Paris, will remain open. Domestic Walt Disney Company employees who are able to work from home are being asked to do so, including those at The Walt Disney Studios, Walt Disney Television, ESPN, Direct-to-Consumer, and Parks, Experiences and Products. We will continue to stay in close contact with appropriate officials and health experts.

Source: https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...close-disney-cruise-line-to-suspend-sailings/

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter