Coronado Tower Club Level

Cloe Colton

Registered
I read that Club Level access can be added to your stay at Coronado for a price. Does anyone know if it is a set price or is it prorated based on what you are already paying per night towards what the standard view club level would cost?

TIA!

I book a standard club access room for 10 days. Later I wanted to book one additional night and there was standard rooms available but no standard club access rooms available. (New reservation so not tied to a discounted rate). I ended up booking a deluxe club for the first night. I am not saying that you can not add club once you get there, but they must have a limit to how many rooms would be allowed to book club access? I read in one report that a club access standard is $100 more a night compared to a standard. But I do not know this to be true. I hope all works well for your trip.

I book a standard club access room for 10 days. Later I wanted to book one additional night and there was standard rooms available but no standard club access rooms available. (New reservation so not tied to a discounted rate). I ended up booking a deluxe club for the first night. I am not saying that you can not add club once you get there, but they must have a limit to how many rooms would be allowed to book club access? I read in one report that a club access standard is $100 more a night compared to a standard. But I do not know this to be true. I hope all works well for your trip.

Yeah I heard $100 too, which I'm sure would limit the number of people will to do it! haha thanks!!

Some rooms are club level, and some are not. In general, you don't really 'add club floor access", so much as change from your current room to one that has been designated as CL.

USUALLY, the cost would therefore depends what room category + rate you currently have, and the available rate of the room you want.

CL has multiple room categories., and the room you want has to be available.

That said, at full price July rates:
tower standard view room = $259+tax= $292.
A tower standard view room with club level access = $368+tax=$414

Wow! that's only $122 for CL access, that's pretty good rate! In other pricing seasons though, the price difference will vary.

BUT, if you originally paid a discounted rate, the room you want might not be available with that same discount. Or you might have to trade Standard view for water view or a deluxe room- if that's the only kind of room that's available.

Still, it never hurts to ask what's available and what the rate would be when you check-in. I generally think CL is worth about $150/night if you have 4 people. The CL rate isn't tied to the number of guests, I just don't think 1 person will get $150 of value from Club level access. i

I is also always possible the CM can offer a little pixie dust if you booked discounted rate and want to upgrade. If you are willing to give WDW more money, you might tno have to pay full rack rates for the upgrade.

Some rooms are club level, and some are not. In general, you don't really 'add club floor access", so much as change from your current room to one that has been designated as CL.

USUALLY, the cost would therefore depends what room category + rate you currently have, and the available rate of the room you want.

CL has multiple room categories., and the room you want has to be available.

That said, at full price July rates:
tower standard view room = $259+tax= $292.
A tower standard view room with club level access = $368+tax=$414

Wow! that's only $122 for CL access, that's pretty good rate! In other pricing seasons though, the price difference will vary.

BUT, if you originally paid a discounted rate, the room you want might not be available with that same discount. Or you might have to trade Standard view for water view or a deluxe room- if that's the only kind of room that's available.

Still, it never hurts to ask what's available and what the rate would be when you check-in. I generally think CL is worth about $150/night if you have 4 people. The CL rate isn't tied to the number of guests, I just don't think 1 person will get $150 of value from Club level access. i

I is also always possible the CM can offer a little pixie dust if you booked discounted rate and want to upgrade. If you are willing to give WDW more money, you might tno have to pay full rack rates for the upgrade.

Coronado like Wilderness Lodge offers the ability to pay for club level access. I was just wondering the cost, thanks for the info though!

Coronado like Wilderness Lodge offers the ability to pay for club level access. I was just wondering the cost, thanks for the info though!

You can only pay for club access by getting a club level room. IE: it is a booking category and you can’t just add it. I extended my stay and my original dates couldn’t be expanded to the dates I wanted (Dec 23-Jan 2) because they didn’t have a standard club level room available for all of those days so instead I had to go Dec 22-1. Club level being a booking category applies to club level/access at all Deluxes and now Gran Destino @ CSR. I believe Gran Destino at CSR has about 70 club level rooms(forgot where I read that), 40 which are standard the rest are various types of suites.

FYI the full rack rate for a Standard View Room wiTh Club Acess at Gran Destino is $569/night(taxes included). The only time its that high is during Xmas and New Years. Maybe a few other holiday weeks. It is about $150 premium over standard Gran Destino rooms and $200 more over the older standard non tower CSR rooms. Gran Destino is by far the cheapest for Club Level. The same booking window for standard room club level would be about $250 more per night for Wilderness, $300 more per night for Animal Kingdom, and about $500 more per night at Poly. During non peak times the differences are probably a lot lower but club level will likely always be cheapest at Gran Destino @ CSR.

Now CSR used to have some sort of business level type thing. That is no longer offered and it’s also not the same as the new Gran Destino Club access and Chronos lounge.

One, final thing is now that early reports are in about club level at Gran Destino it appears that the standard view club level rooms are booking pretty quickly for most of fall and the holidays.

Last edited:
$256 Standard View Tower
$364 Standard View CL Tower

That’s the price difference on my dates 1/30-2/3. We chose the Club Level (we normally stay at Deluxe and to get CL for less money at new resort we are excited to try).

Since it is a bookable category as others stated you just can’t pay and add club level access to a standard room (there are limited CL rooms), just like you have to book w tower category room to get a room in the tower.

Wondering why you think this & where you might have gotten that info. I have not read this anywhere yet. The only reason WL allows it is because so many of there CL rooms were converted to vacation club. It seems strange that a newly designed resort would allow it when no other CLs do.

Wondering why you think this & where you might have gotten that info. I have not read this anywhere yet. The only reason WL allows it is because so many of there CL rooms were converted to vacation club. It seems strange that a newly designed resort would allow it when no other CLs do.

I have not read that info neither. Maybe the confusion come from the “Club-Level Access” language that is being used at both properties?

Where did you hear this information? I’ve heard that about Wilderness Lodge, but this is the first I’m hearing of it for Coronado.

Where did you hear this information? I’ve heard that about Wilderness Lodge, but this is the first I’m hearing of it for Coronado.

WL had a fake-CL add on for DVC that has been eliminated. Now, WL is "book CL" if you want access. It is not an add-on, and not available to DVC.

Coronado, you either book CL, or not. There is no add-on. Given how full it looks like Grand Destino is running, I doubt they have availability to add peole into the lounge and maintain quality level.

WL had a fake-CL add on for DVC that has been eliminated. Now, WL is "book CL" if you want access. It is not an add-on, and not available to DVC.

Coronado, you either book CL, or not. There is no add-on. Given how full it looks like Grand Destino is running, I doubt they have availability to add peole into the lounge and maintain quality level.
Wilderness lodge for the cash side (because so many club level rooms were lost) was selling for 99 a night club level add on during check in at the front desk if available for any of the lodge rooms (not the DVC side like you stated). This was current as of November and people on the boards have been reporting this as an option relatively recently.

Last edited:

Oh, didn’t realize they’d stopped offering it all together. I thought it was still available to the “regular” non-DVC Lodge.

Oh, didn’t realize they’d stopped offering it all together. I thought it was still available to the “regular” non-DVC Lodge.
See my post above. I’m fairly certain it is unless it changed since November and I saw some reviews from February where people were doing. From the WL thread people are definitely doing it still if you follow along from this post I quoted below.

We did this in February. We asked about adding CL access when we checked in and they were happy to do it. Once they charge you the $99 per day, then your MagicBands will work to open the doors to the 7th floor. You don’t get the extra bells and whistles, such as turn down service and chocolates on the pillow, but you do get access to the lounge. We really enjoyed it and plan to add the CL access when we return in August. :)

WDWNT reported the add on of CL in their review of CL and as others have mentioned above WL has also recently been reported of the club level add on. I've also been told by guests of the new Coronado Tower that they were able to add the $100 CL. Could be wrong but I was just trying to see if anyone had any information on it, and I'm sure if it can be added it has to be capped at a certain number of people.

https://www.mousehacking.com/blog/review-disney-wilderness-lodge-old-faithful-club-level
This review was from February for Wilderness Lodge where they mention the $100 add on which gets you access to the club but obviously not a CL room. I'll try to report back if I'm able to add CL access or not at Coronado in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter