Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread! I was a little apprehensive to switch from tiny POFQ to CSR for free dining, but the pictures are amazing. Now I'm excited about our resort.

The more I look at these pictures, the more I think I may pay the extra to stay here again, hmmmmmmmm. I'm sorely tempted. I wonder if I can book a business class room at a military discount? Never hurts to call and ask.

why are the business rooms superior? also, not related, when we stayed at the CBR there was a splash pool/water playground type area which our kids loved...anything similar at CSR?

The kiddie pool a CSR is the worse kiddie pool on property, imho. It's great for toddlers though. It's very small and very shallow.

There is a very nice "dry" playground on the opposite side of the Dig Site from the kiddie pool. It has an area for small kids and one for bigger kids. There are two sand boxes to play in too. There are usually a couple of buckets out.

Some stays there has been a foosball game out there, most stays there was a ping pong table.

My 19 year old loves CSR's pool the best of all the resorts we've stayed at (even beating Storm Along Bay). The water slide is great. The pool is huge. There is a giant hot tub, Volley ball court, ping pong, sometimes foosball, and the loaded nachos are great.

The more I look at these pictures, the more I think I may pay the extra to stay here again, hmmmmmmmm. I'm sorely tempted. I wonder if I can book a business class room at a military discount? Never hurts to call and ask.

You can, we booked two rooms for May in BC with mil room discount. I would assume unless they are all booked up for the discount over your time frame you could reserve BC room.

Does anyone have any updates on how they're doing on the refrigerators?

Not a huge deal for us, but we'll be arriving Sept 6 and was just curious.

The only thing I've seen is that the Business Class rooms have working fridges. Other than that I'm not sure.

Great thread! I was a little apprehensive to switch from tiny POFQ to CSR for free dining, but the pictures are amazing. Now I'm excited about our resort.

I have to say that our last trip we brought other family with us for my 40th Bithday trip and our guests picked CSR. We had made up a power point for them of about 6 resorts that we picked. We picked value all the way up to deluxe staying in a 2 bedroom DVC. They had never been and we wanted it to be extra special. After watc

Oopppps! Didn't mean to hit the post button! Anyway, after watching the video they picked CSR. Turned out to be a great resort for us. Don't let the size overwhelm you. It was an amazing stay. Rooms were lovely! We fell in love with the resort. We felt that it was an upscale moderate resort and loved the fact that it seemed to feel a little more grown up. We have children and they loved it too. We actually have another trip booked there for our family. Kids had the option of staying extra long and stay at Pop, Stay there for 8 days, or stay on the monorail for 5 nights. Kids picked to stay at CSR. Can't say enough great things about this beautiful resort!

Hello,
I'm sorry to ask this a I know this must have been asked many times in the over 100 pages to ask for room assignments. Is there a different number for each resort? We have 2 rooms booked, but we have our Mum with us with mobility issues, and the other room is my sisters family with my nephew with Autism. Not trying to be greedy, just need adjoinning and semi close to a pool for him.

Same here-- not that big of a deal for us since we have FD, but it would be kind of nice to have a refrigerator for chilling drinks and storing a few leftovers.

We arrive on Sept. 2 and I was going to call WDW and CSR in a few days to ask about several other things. Do I dare sneak in a question about the status of CSR refrigerators or is that the last thing they want to be asked right now? :duck:

I just read about the fridges yesterday and I know it mentioned that the rest of the resorts (CSR included) should be done by September, but I can't remember if it said beginning of Sept or end.

And if I could only remember where I read that... I know I saw it because I told hubby that we'll be all set since we're going end of Nov.

Hello,
I'm sorry to ask this a I know this must have been asked many times in the over 100 pages to ask for room assignments. Is there a different number for each resort? We have 2 rooms booked, but we have our Mum with us with mobility issues, and the other room is my sisters family with my nephew with Autism. Not trying to be greedy, just need adjoinning and semi close to a pool for him.

Being a family of a person with Autism, I don't feel your advocating for family needs to be greedy. Both rooms should have a note marked that a person with special needs is present. And if your reservations for each room isn't already linked then you would want to also do that.

Disney has a whole section of supports for people with disabilities. Unfortunately some people abuse it, which makes it harder for those of us that truly need it to ask for it. I know there is a thread for disabilities and I'm sure there will be information for traveling with people with Autism.

Keep reading, there is a lot of things that I didn't know when we first traveled with our family member that would have made life so much easier and the vacation more successful.
Each person has there own set needs and only your family knows that person best. Ask and Disney is known to do all that they can to help.

And if I could only remember where I read that...

Haha, I can't tell you how many times I've thought or said that recently, with all the research I've been doing for various trips. :coffee: :surfweb: :scratchin:rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for your input, kelleigh1. It's sounding like the start of September may be hit or miss for having a refrigerator at CSR, depending on what room you get. If I find out anything more concrete before my Sept. 2 arrival, I'll be sure to post it here. Hopefully other CSR DISer's will do the same thing. :)

I just read about the fridges yesterday and I know it mentioned that the rest of the resorts (CSR included) should be done by September, but I can't remember if it said beginning of Sept or end.

And if I could only remember where I read that... I know I saw it because I told hubby that we'll be all set since we're going end of Nov.

yay!!!:cheer2:

refillable mugs question

I'm just double checking on when and where we can refill our mugs at CSR. Am I right that we can go to the Siestas Bar at the Dig Site from 11AM - 7PM and Cafe Rix at El Centro from 6:30AM - Midnight? I read that Pepper Market will also refill mugs, but is this only for those who are eating a meal there? (I'm assuming that if we're at El Centro it would probably be quickest anyway, to just get refills at Cafe Rix if we're not eating at Pepper Market.)

So, is this it for CSR locations, and is Cafe Rix a self-serve station? Love the convenience of self-serve when it's available! :drinking1

It seems like a bit of a hike to go get refills if we're spending the afternoon at the Casitas quiet pool, so I'm wondering what others have done in that situation, or if I'm overlooking some other refill location. :confused:

refillable mugs question

I'm just double checking on when and where we can refill our mugs at CSR. Am I right that we can go to the Siestas Bar at the Dig Site from 11AM - 7PM and Cafe Rix at El Centro from 6:30AM - Midnight? I read that Pepper Market will also refill mugs, but is this only for those who are eating a meal there? (I'm assuming that if we're at El Centro it would probably be quickest anyway, to just get refills at Cafe Rix if we're not eating at Pepper Market.)

So, is this it for CSR locations, and is Cafe Rix a self-serve station? Love the convenience of self-serve when it's available! :drinking1

It seems like a bit of a hike to go get refills if we're spending the afternoon at the Casitas quiet pool, so I'm wondering what others have done in that situation, or if I'm overlooking some other refill location. :confused:

You have it right. The walk from the Casitas 4 quiet pool to Cafe Rix took me and my son 3 mins. It took 5 mins if my wife was with us. So its really not that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter