Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I know that this isn't exclusive to the CSR board, but everyone here is so knowledgeable, and I'm staying at CSR, so I figured that this was the place to be!

We are booked at CSR from Sunday - Sunday. As we are driving, our last Sunday we won't be visiting the parks. I will likely change our tickets to 7-day rather than 8, since we won't be able to make use of the 8th day.

First of all, will that change affect our dining plan? I think the DP is based on your nights of stay at the resort, correct?

Thanks for your advice, this is our first adventure :)

Vanessa

Vanessa,

We were at the CSR last July for 11 nights and we only had 6 Day Tickets...the DDP is based on your Nights stay...you could get it and just have a one day ticket.

So for example you will have 8 nights.

QSDP : 16 Counter; 16 Snacks; 1 Mug per person
DDP: 8 table; 8 Counter; 8 Snacks.

I think the front desk computers cycle to the current day at 7am, so checking in anytime after that will be fine. You'll get your passes and DDP credits right away. They will give you a phone # to call for your room assignment and your keys will work once the room is assigned, so no need to stop at the front desk again unless there is a problem with your room (or the KTTW card). Call the bell desk and they'll deliver your luggage.

Hello all

I just wanted to let everyone know that my husband and I recently stayed at the CSR and we were very happy with our stay.
All the rooms (I believe, please correct me if I am wrong) are recently refurbished. The grounds were beautiful and the pools were great.
We encountered one problem with our toilet (long story) and were pretty impressed with their reaction. We told the front desk about it because we were concerned water might be leaking to the room below. It was a minor inconvenience to us, and really didn't think much of it. They were very apologetic, offered to move us (we chose to stay because we didn't want to pack up when we only had two days left on our stay) and then comped up a whole night's stay! We really didn't expect that and thought it was very nice. Also, the engineer who came to look at the toilet thanked us several times for staying with them and asked if we were enjoying our stay.
Furthermore, everyone we encountered from the front desk to the mousekeeping were friendly, helpful and courteous.
The only thing we could possibly think to complain about is the room safe! We have been spoiled with big room safes apparently! Usually we can fit our laptops and several other items in our room safe, but these room safes were pretty small and there was no way we were fitting our laptops into them. Not a problem, though-as we had suspected this and brought along computer locks. Problem solved!
Great stay! If anyone has any questions, please just ask.
I hope everyone else enjoys their stay as much as we did!

Hello all

I just wanted to let everyone know that my husband and I recently stayed at the CSR and we were very happy with our stay.
All the rooms (I believe, please correct me if I am wrong) are recently refurbished. The grounds were beautiful and the pools were great.
We encountered one problem with our toilet (long story) and were pretty impressed with their reaction. We told the front desk about it because we were concerned water might be leaking to the room below. It was a minor inconvenience to us, and really didn't think much of it. They were very apologetic, offered to move us (we chose to stay because we didn't want to pack up when we only had two days left on our stay) and then comped up a whole night's stay! We really didn't expect that and thought it was very nice. Also, the engineer who came to look at the toilet thanked us several times for staying with them and asked if we were enjoying our stay.
Furthermore, everyone we encountered from the front desk to the mousekeeping were friendly, helpful and courteous.
The only thing we could possibly think to complain about is the room safe! We have been spoiled with big room safes apparently! Usually we can fit our laptops and several other items in our room safe, but these room safes were pretty small and there was no way we were fitting our laptops into them. Not a problem, though-as we had suspected this and brought along computer locks. Problem solved!
Great stay! If anyone has any questions, please just ask.
I hope everyone else enjoys their stay as much as we did!

Thank you so much for your honest and thoughtful review -- including the good points and the bad pionts. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at our "home" resort.

I'm sad to report that we did not get to check into CSR as planned today. Our oldest DD fell yesterday and broke her ankle in 3 places. She will be having surgery on Tuesday so we had to cancel our trip. I have already rescheduled the trip for 9/25 but CSR wasn't available with free dining. Right now we are booked at AKL. So we are sad but by changing the trip we will be able to do 2 things we have never done before...stay at a deluxe and going to MNSSHP.

I am so sorry to hear about your DD. I hope she has a speedy recovery. :goodvibes Like Kathy said, CSR is not going anywhere so you can always try it on another trip. :goodvibes

I'm wondering if I should get a cot for our Oct trip. Is there room for one with two queens and how much do they cost?

TIA!!

I am thinking of possibly doing this, too, but it's not absolutely necessary for us, it would just be so everyone would always have a bed to themselves every night. Otherwise we will play musical beds each night so we all get a couple turns at a bed to ourselves throughout our stay (our trip involves just 2 of my daughters (17 and 19) and myself in our room, my DD24 will have her own room with her Dbf) With the queen beds, it sure won't be a hardship to share a couple nights! We can do without a rollaway if it would cause the space to be too tight. I think I saw somewhere that a rollaway would be like $16.70 per night - anyone know for sure? I also thank you in advance :goodvibes

We are staying at CSR for the first next month!! I am so excited because I am vacationing with the Mouse and get to see his house one last time before they take it down. I will get to see one of my best friends down there too. I hope she can put up with me.

I love this thread! It is so informative, we're off to CSR for the first time on 2nd September for 3 weeks - yay!

I just wanted to ask (and sorry if it has been anwered in the other pages) how do you request what building you'd like?

We've booked with Virgin holidays and the only room request we could add at booking was for a high floor :confused3

We are hoping for Casitas 4 or 5 :thumbsup2

I love this thread! It is so informative, we're off to CSR for the first time on 2nd September for 3 weeks - yay!

I just wanted to ask (and sorry if it has been anwered in the other pages) how do you request what building you'd like?

We've booked with Virgin holidays and the only room request we could add at booking was for a high floor :confused3

We are hoping for Casitas 4 or 5 :thumbsup2

Hmm...there's not really a high floor at CSR!

You can fax a request directly to the hotel (about a week before your trip) to request the area you want. I think there is info on that in the first few pages of this thread.

My review of CSR:

Stayed from 5/18 thru 5/23. Me, DH, DS 13 and DD 11. Arrived late - after 12am. Walked right up to registration. We were assigned Casitas 3 - no I did not put in for any room request. We weren't offered help with luggage (not sure if it was available that late) but we didn't ask - we just headed to our room. It took us awhile to find it. Next day in the sunlight we saw the correct way we should have walked :)

We were in 3296 - Casitas 3 - 2nd Fl. Room was spotless (I checked the whole room the next morning). We were very happy. Only thing I can say is the sliding wooden doors didn't quite reach each other. I would say there was a 1 inch gap - didn't bother us. We didn't have anyone in either room next to us. Very quiet. If we came out our door the long fountain was there and the quiet pool was steps away.

Bus Service - only had problems one morning. Going to M.Kingdom - waited 35 mts. Other than that we had everything from the bus was at the stop, to 5, 10 and even a 20 mt. wait. So all in all I would say good service. We did make one stop which surprised me. I'm trying to think where we were coming from. I think it was AK and we stopped at Blizzard Beach to pick up one couple. It didn't bother me but I didn't expect it. Oh and I was very surprised that it was only minutes to each park????? That was wonderful. We only had to stand once the whole trip.

Pepper Market - ate there 3 times. We loved it. I wasn't sure from what I had read about it but we actually loved it. We all tried different things over the 3 days and honestly it was all good. Quick service area was also very nice - stopped there alot in the morning for breakfast.

CSR workers - I thought everyone was above and beyond in helpfullness and in being nice. Concierge, bell services and the people that hold your luggage for you could not have been nicer. I only have good things to say. Mousekeeping was top notch and if you're wondering - no we didn't get any towel animals. Oh the queen beds were great, comfortable as well as the pillows. This is a very big plus to us.

Resort was very nice and honestly it reminded me of CBR which I also loved. I thought they were very similar.

Pools - kids loved the main pool - heck I did too. Not too crowded at all, enjoyed the slide. We went there twice during our trip. Hot tub - it seemed two jets were super strong while the others were barely producing. Many people commented on that. Didn't bother me though.

Quite pool - ok this is where I have a negative and it's not towards the resort. We went to the quiet pool for 40 mts. one afternoon. My kids were the only kids there and there were maybe 4 groups of adults spread around the pool. Everyone smoked - everyone. Now maybe this pool has smoking areas????? so correct me if I was wrong. But if we were staying any more than the 40 mts. we def. would have to leave.

One thing that I was surprised at. At Casitas 1 - the outdoor fountain area - they seemed to be having private parties outside everynight with loud music. I was afraid that we would hear all this noise in our room. Luckily we didn't but I was surprised that this was going on. The other areas of the resort seemed to be very laid back but this area was bustling at night. Not a negative just my observation.

My only other negative has to do again with other guests. Two adults decided to play INSIDE one of the fountains - it was the middle of the afternoon and I'm guessing they were drinking by the way they were acting. My kids observed all this and I thought wow no class.

So....sorry if this was so long. We really had a great trip and were glad we stayed here. Yes there was alot of walking but we knew this going in so we were prepared. I would def. recommend this resort.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Mary

My review of CSR:
Only thing I can say is the sliding wooden doors didn't quite reach each other. I would say there was a 1 inch gap - didn't bother us.
Mary

Our wooden doors closed in the same fashion. I can only assume that this is a safety feature so little kiddie fingers don't get pinched between the doors. :rolleyes:

My review of CSR:

Stayed from 5/18 thru 5/23. Me, DH, DS 13 and DD 11. Arrived late - after 12am. Walked right up to registration. We were assigned Casitas 3 - no I did not put in for any room request. We weren't offered help with luggage (not sure if it was available that late) but we didn't ask - we just headed to our room. It took us awhile to find it. Next day in the sunlight we saw the correct way we should have walked :)

We were in 3296 - Casitas 3 - 2nd Fl. Room was spotless (I checked the whole room the next morning). We were very happy. Only thing I can say is the sliding wooden doors didn't quite reach each other. I would say there was a 1 inch gap - didn't bother us. We didn't have anyone in either room next to us. Very quiet. If we came out our door the long fountain was there and the quiet pool was steps away.

Bus Service - only had problems one morning. Going to M.Kingdom - waited 35 mts. Other than that we had everything from the bus was at the stop, to 5, 10 and even a 20 mt. wait. So all in all I would say good service. We did make one stop which surprised me. I'm trying to think where we were coming from. I think it was AK and we stopped at Blizzard Beach to pick up one couple. It didn't bother me but I didn't expect it. Oh and I was very surprised that it was only minutes to each park????? That was wonderful. We only had to stand once the whole trip.

Pepper Market - ate there 3 times. We loved it. I wasn't sure from what I had read about it but we actually loved it. We all tried different things over the 3 days and honestly it was all good. Quick service area was also very nice - stopped there alot in the morning for breakfast.

CSR workers - I thought everyone was above and beyond in helpfullness and in being nice. Concierge, bell services and the people that hold your luggage for you could not have been nicer. I only have good things to say. Mousekeeping was top notch and if you're wondering - no we didn't get any towel animals. Oh the queen beds were great, comfortable as well as the pillows. This is a very big plus to us.

Resort was very nice and honestly it reminded me of CBR which I also loved. I thought they were very similar.

Pools - kids loved the main pool - heck I did too. Not too crowded at all, enjoyed the slide. We went there twice during our trip. Hot tub - it seemed two jets were super strong while the others were barely producing. Many people commented on that. Didn't bother me though.

Quite pool - ok this is where I have a negative and it's not towards the resort. We went to the quiet pool for 40 mts. one afternoon. My kids were the only kids there and there were maybe 4 groups of adults spread around the pool. Everyone smoked - everyone. Now maybe this pool has smoking areas????? so correct me if I was wrong. But if we were staying any more than the 40 mts. we def. would have to leave.

One thing that I was surprised at. At Casitas 1 - the outdoor fountain area - they seemed to be having private parties outside everynight with loud music. I was afraid that we would hear all this noise in our room. Luckily we didn't but I was surprised that this was going on. The other areas of the resort seemed to be very laid back but this area was bustling at night. Not a negative just my observation.

My only other negative has to do again with other guests. Two adults decided to play INSIDE one of the fountains - it was the middle of the afternoon and I'm guessing they were drinking by the way they were acting. My kids observed all this and I thought wow no class.

So....sorry if this was so long. We really had a great trip and were glad we stayed here. Yes there was alot of walking but we knew this going in so we were prepared. I would def. recommend this resort.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Mary

Mary, thank you so much for your detailed review of your stay at the CSR. First, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay overall--it sounds like you had great weather.

They do sometimes have "convention" parties in the courtyard by Casitas 1 -- but I've only seen it twice in my eight stays. As for the smoking, this is unacceptable and there is NO smoking by the pool -- this is just ignorant people. I'm not sure which quiet pool you were at (I'm guessing the one by the Casitas); I would have gone into the Fitness Center and had them call management to report it. And for the drunk people -- again, no class and something that could happen at any resort...I'm just sorry your kids had to witness it.

Thanks again for the great review.

Mary, thank you so much for your detailed review of your stay at the CSR. First, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay overall--it sounds like you had great weather.

They do sometimes have "convention" parties in the courtyard by Casitas 1 -- but I've only seen it twice in my eight stays. As for the smoking, this is unacceptable and there is NO smoking by the pool -- this is just ignorant people. I'm not sure which quiet pool you were at (I'm guessing the one by the Casitas); I would have gone into the Fitness Center and had them call management to report it. And for the drunk people -- again, no class and something that could happen at any resort...I'm just sorry your kids had to witness it.

Thanks again for the great review.

We did have great weather. We were lucky. I figured there wasn't smoking by the pool but I honestly didn't know. As for these guests it certainly didn't diminish our trip. Jerks are everywhere.

Thanks for all your help too. I can see why there are so many CSR fans. I guess I am officially one of them now. :thumbsup2

Got a statement from Disney the other day and I was so excited to see my request forRanchos 7B on there! 145 days to go! :woohoo:

With the new queens beds at CSR - Can I wtill fit a Twin sized Aero bed in the room ?

If yes - where should we place it on the floor ?

We are family of 4 - but have a teen DS and teen DD who do not sleep together.

Please advise.

Our DS loves the idea of CSR and not POFQ b/c of the pool - even though we are going June/July 2011 and it will be rainy season ! :rotfl:

We will be calling soon for reservartions with our dates for WDW in 2011 :thumbsup2

DH's parents are avid coffee drinkers and will not drink the room coffee, can you purchase coffee in the gift shop to make in the in-room coffee makers?

And I read a few post am I correct in the fact that with the refillable mug you can get GOOD coffee from cafe rix for free?

Thanks for the help!

DH's parents are avid coffee drinkers and will not drink the room coffee, can you purchase coffee in the gift shop to make in the in-room coffee makers?

And I read a few post am I correct in the fact that with the refillable mug you can get GOOD coffee from cafe rix for free?

Thanks for the help!

I do not remember ever seeing "coffee" for sale in the gift shop to make in the room (I'd either pack those little "Via" things from Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts coffee). Yes, you can refill your at Cafe Rix with good coffee (or at the Pepper Market window).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter