Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so excited! :banana:

I am going to a convention in early June and it just so happens to be at CSR! This time, I'm coming by myself without the kiddos and DH. And, the company is paying for some of it! :banana:

Can't get any better than that! This will be my 3rd time at CSR. Today, I added 2 additional days to my conference rate for some fun time and added a room request for the casita section. It's so nice be back here and see pictures of my favorite place.

Two weeks from tomorrow, I'll be arriving.

Has anyone had a pedicure at the Salon? Was wondering if it was worth $55.

Thanks

I've never done it (I just get massages). All I can say is I pay $35 for mine pedicure at home so the $55 doesn't sound bad -- being that it is Disney.

I am going to a convention in early June and it just so happens to be at CSR! This time, I'm coming by myself without the kiddos and DH. And, the company is paying for some of it! :banana:

Can't get any better than that! This will be my 3rd time at CSR. Today, I added 2 additional days to my conference rate for some fun time and added a room request for the casita section. It's so nice be back here and see pictures of my favorite place.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Lucky you! What fun that will be. I hope you get the Casitas -- we love it there.

I've just returned home from a work trip to CSR. I was in Casitas 1 and loved it. I'll start a trip report soon with pictures.

I've just returned home from a work trip to CSR. I was in Casitas 1 and loved it. I'll start a trip report soon with pictures.

I've always wondered about Casita's 1 - looking forwarding to your TR! Glad you had a great trip, even if it was for business!

Thanks for the advice!
I paid for our one night at CSR (8/21) and requested Casita 3 or 4. I'm supposed to be running the half-marathon in January but financial considerations may prevent us from returning to Disney so soon after our summer trip. I'm hoping my DH likes CSR enough that we could consider it for our January trip!!!

Amanda

I'm sad to report that we did not get to check into CSR as planned today. Our oldest DD fell yesterday and broke her ankle in 3 places. She will be having surgery on Tuesday so we had to cancel our trip. I have already rescheduled the trip for 9/25 but CSR wasn't available with free dining. Right now we are booked at AKL. So we are sad but by changing the trip we will be able to do 2 things we have never done before...stay at a deluxe and going to MNSSHP.

I'm sad to report that we did not get to check into CSR as planned today. Our oldest DD fell yesterday and broke her ankle in 3 places. She will be having surgery on Tuesday so we had to cancel our trip. I have already rescheduled the trip for 9/25 but CSR wasn't available with free dining. Right now we are booked at AKL. So we are sad but by changing the trip we will be able to do 2 things we have never done before...stay at a deluxe and going to MNSSHP.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter and that she will need surgery. :sad1::sad1: I hope the surgery goes well for her and we are sending pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: for her surgery.

I'm sorry you won't be at CSR, but so happy that you will stay at your first deluxe -- and the one we so much want to try at some point. CSR will always be there for you for another trip.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter and that she will need surgery. :sad1::sad1: I hope the surgery goes well for her and we are sending pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: for her surgery.

I'm sorry you won't be at CSR, but so happy that you will stay at your first deluxe -- and the one we so much want to try at some point. CSR will always be there for you for another trip.

Thank you for your well wishes for her!

We know that we will definitley back to CSR. We may actually have to go over to Pepper Market for lunch one day. That's one thing that the girls said they will miss on our next trip.

Thank you for your well wishes for her!

We know that we will definitley back to CSR. We may actually have to go over to Pepper Market for lunch one day. That's one thing that the girls said they will miss on our next trip.

Keep us posted on how DD's surgery goes; and if you want, join me on my PTR (linked in my siggy) as we are going back to CSR September 17 - 21.

Oh no! I hope the surgery goes well and your DD heals quickly!!! You seem to have an upbeat attitude about it which is impressive and admirable.

Amanda

Oh no! I hope the surgery goes well and your DD heals quickly!!! You seem to have an upbeat attitude about it which is impressive and admirable.

Amanda

Thank you! I'm trying to stay positive about it. I have gotten sad a few times today thinking "we should be...on the plane, landing, checking in, eating at Chef Mickey's, etc" but we can't change what is done now. I think it has hit DH harder than anyone. He was looking forward to the trip. But now we are talking about MNSSHP and what everyone will be. She is joking that she will be the bionic woman since she will have plates in her ankle. BTW her name is Amanda too! :)

Kat - I will definitley check out your PTR.

Our family was not disapponted and absolutely loved CSR and will stay again!

I sent a fax beforehand and requested Casitas 5, or Cabana 7B.

Our check in was great and we received Cabana 8a, corner room and uppgraded to a water view without even asking. Our view was breathtaking. Only complaint on the room is it seemed 'dirty' It looked clean upon arrival but over the next couple of days I noticed certain things, like dust on the tables. The counter and taps were not clean and hairs on the floor in the shower area. Luckily I had heard this beforehand and brought lysol wipes and cleaned everthing up. Disappointing, but not enough to ruin our vacation. Our beds were made up every day, but they did forget the garbage one day.

We were on the dining plan and could not believe the amount of food. We were not able to use up all our credits, even though we seemed to eat constantly. Way too much food. We went to Pepper Market and never had a bad experience, we actually preferred the food there over Maya Grill.

The grounds were stunning, the staff friendly and it was very quiet. The pool area was fantastic and our 11 year old loved it and the arcade. It was nice to go back after a long day at the parks and relax by the pool while our daughter swam.

My only complaint is luggage service and I cannot blame the hotel for that one. We were on the plan that gives you bus service to the resort and they will bring your luggage to the hotel for you. We arrived in Orlando at 8:00pm and were driven to the hotel and checked into our room by 9:00pm, however our luggage did not get to our room until 1:15AM!!! That is insane and they should have told us it takes up to 5 hours for it to arrive! We were tired and could not sleep until it got there, as it had all our pajamas and toiletries.

Overall, we all want to go back to CSR!:dance3::dance3:

Our family was not disapponted and absolutely loved CSR and will stay again!

I sent a fax beforehand and requested Casitas 5, or Cabana 7B.

Our check in was great and we received Cabana 8a, corner room and uppgraded to a water view without even asking. Our view was breathtaking. Only complaint on the room is it seemed 'dirty' It looked clean upon arrival but over the next couple of days I noticed certain things, like dust on the tables. The counter and taps were not clean and hairs on the floor in the shower area. Luckily I had heard this beforehand and brought lysol wipes and cleaned everthing up. Disappointing, but not enough to ruin our vacation. Our beds were made up every day, but they did forget the garbage one day.

We were on the dining plan and could not believe the amount of food. We were not able to use up all our credits, even though we seemed to eat constantly. Way too much food. We went to Pepper Market and never had a bad experience, we actually preferred the food there over Maya Grill.

The grounds were stunning, the staff friendly and it was very quiet. The pool area was fantastic and our 11 year old loved it and the arcade. It was nice to go back after a long day at the parks and relax by the pool while our daughter swam.

My only complaint is luggage service and I cannot blame the hotel for that one. We were on the plan that gives you bus service to the resort and they will bring your luggage to the hotel for you. We arrived in Orlando at 8:00pm and were driven to the hotel and checked into our room by 9:00pm, however our luggage did not get to our room until 1:15AM!!! That is insane and they should have told us it takes up to 5 hours for it to arrive! We were tired and could not sleep until it got there, as it had all our pajamas and toiletries.

Overall, we all want to go back to CSR!:dance3::dance3:

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the CSR. I'm so discouraged by the "unclean" room--but that seems to be happening at almost every Disney resort lately.

Thanks again for posting about your trip.

My husband and I just returned from out trip, and our first real trip staying at Coronado Springs. We were given a free upgrade to a king room with a water view in Cabanas 9. It was wonderful!! I wasn't sure I would like the hotel before we got there, but I am so glad we decided to stay there! Our room was very clean, and we had the best Mousekeeping we had ever had. Magdalia, the Mousekeeper, even left us a thank you note near the end of our stay since she would be off when we checked out.

All in all, my husband and I will return to Coronado Springs and hope to stay in Cabanas 9 again!!

VelvetGloves

We are going on our Honeymoon to Disney World and are staying at CSR.

I couldn't find this addressed in the previous posts.

Can we get a couples massage at the spa or do we need to go to one of the bigger spas?

Thank you!

We are going on our Honeymoon to Disney World and are staying at CSR.

I couldn't find this addressed in the previous posts.

Can we get a couples massage at the spa or do we need to go to one of the bigger spas?

Thank you!

No, you will need to go to one of the "bigger spas." The CSR isn't really a spa...it is two separate rooms next to the tanning room and across from the fitness center. It is not a full-fledged spa like the Saratoga or GF.

Which bus stop did you use for Casita 1????

I used the El Centro stop the most, but once I got off the bus at the first parking lot stop. I preferred the El Centro stop because I like walking around the lake and would enjoy the walk between the El Centro stop and my room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter